Is God Real?

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Re: Is God Real?

Post by JLHxXxX » Sat 24th Nov 2012

^^That made me remember why I DON'T say the pledge. I am not bound under any God whatsoever. The pledge goes against almost any right the founding fathers fought for. It was founded in the 1800's for the Confederates to promise their loyalty. In that amount of time, it has been warped, changed, and enforced.

I don't think religion is an OPINION. Opinions, beliefs, and facts are total different things. Opinions and beliefs are nothing alike. I may have the opinion that your outfit doesn't match, but a belief is when you feel you *know* it, but it isn't written fact. You shouldn't say "To my opinion, God exists". That means you do not hold firm grounds and you may even doubt yourself. If you have the belief that God exists, it's actually much more deeper in meaning. A belief does not necessarily mean 'fact', but I would say it's actually closer to fact than opinion. Even a belief has proof behind it, but an opinion does not; it only has your thoughts. You believe it, it is fact to you. At least when speaking of religion.

Didn't mean to interrupt. I needed to clear up some misuse of words and whatever else. :D
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

artytwin
Gnome

Post by artytwin » Thu 6th Dec 2012

I believe in God. The one and only God.

I'd just like to ask you this because I'm really curious, REALLY curious:
so about this big bang, some sort of radiation or particles caused it right? What created those radiations in the first place?
that's all for now. i hope someone answers, because nobody answered me when I asked in other sites.
no i am not obsessed! I JUST LOVE TALKING ABOUT ARTY 24/7!
no i do not love an imaginary person. YES, HE IS REAL! REAL I TELL YOU!
no i am not weird! I AM TOTALLY CRAZY!
If my heart thumps so quickly...When I hear his name
If I drool while reading books...About him everyday
If I cry when his heart...Is full of searing pain
If I laugh when he starts...To scare people away
If I sleep only to wish to wake...and see his shining face
If I eat only to wish to grow ...pointy ears but in dismay
If I live only to dream to join...the fun in his big game
If I breathe only to hope to be...by his dangerous side always
Then I love Arty fowl...And that love is here to stay ~ artytwin
my greatest secret:
<3 j’adore artemis fowl!<3

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 6th Dec 2012

^ Ash'll probably be able to answer this better than I can, but from what I remember the main theory is that something happened on the quantum level. I'm not sure what it was, but something happened and started the big bang. And the universe expanded (It was hot and hot things expand). So we have an expanding universe now.
Helpful? XD
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 6th Dec 2012

JLHxXxX wrote:^^That made me remember why I DON'T say the pledge. I am not bound under any God whatsoever. The pledge goes against almost any right the founding fathers fought for. It was founded in the 1800's for the Confederates to promise their loyalty. In that amount of time, it has been warped, changed, and enforced.
The Under God but was added during the Cold War.. Oddly enough the only time I ever had t o say it was when I went to public school, which promises separation of church and state no less!
I don't really have much of a relgious affiliation..of any sort. I've been thinking more about it lately, since most week days I'm alone for at least 5 hours. That, like everything in the world will change, but I want to take this time to learn more about how I can help others, and myself.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

artytwin
Gnome

Post by artytwin » Fri 7th Dec 2012

Skyswallow wrote:^ Ash'll probably be able to answer this better than I can, but from what I remember the main theory is that something happened on the quantum level. I'm not sure what it was, but something happened and started the big bang. And the universe expanded (It was hot and hot things expand). So we have an expanding universe now.
Helpful? XD
okay... but what created whatever caused the big bang??!!!
my greatest secret:

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Fri 7th Dec 2012

We don't know, and no-one knows if we will find out. People are working on it, but we may just not have the tech yet...

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Fri 7th Dec 2012

artytwin wrote: okay... but what created whatever caused the big bang??!!!
@Artytwin: You asked a good question, and we still don't know. It's most definitely possible that an entity (Not living as we would define it) created the universe. However, to do so within the current laws of nature we know, would be just below impossible. The main theory as of right now is that there was something there before the big bang, whether we emerged from another universe and how it happened we still don't know. It's possible that time is going in a loop, and when this universe implodes it'll create another universe. This would keep happening over and over again, and the only thing that would stay the same would be the laws of math and science. The theory I support right now is that the universe was always here, but that there was some event that looked like the creation of the universe but wasn't actually (It's not a very well known theory, I kinda thought it up one day and it made sense, if you want more details feel free to ask).
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

CloverKitty
LEP Recruit

Post by CloverKitty » Sat 8th Dec 2012

But what created the stuff that created the Big Bang?

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 8th Dec 2012

CloverKitty wrote:But what created the stuff that created the Big Bang?
Charles Darwins brilliant fictional books. Ugh, I dunno. But then who created God, you may ask. But, I'm pretty sure it's all evolution.
Last edited by world is quiet here on Sat 8th Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sat 8th Dec 2012

^^ You just touched on the theory of Causation. This is a good way to revise my R.E.
Christians believe that God is begotten, which means he was always there, he was not caused. So everything has a cause apart from him.

And Brian, you said you hated Dickens the other day...
One word: Merlin

artytwin
Gnome

Post by artytwin » Sat 8th Dec 2012

definition of God: "the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe "
definition of Radiations: the process in which energy is emitted as particles or waves.

By definition god is SUPREME, and radiations are not. so that's why god can be there without having anyone create him, nobody created him. i can believe this because he is so great.

Whereas radiations or just radiations. they can't just be there, someone or something had to create them.

I have another question: we know explosions to cause ciaos, how can the big bang cause something so precise and organized.
It's like saying that an explosion could have made Mt.Rushmore which is so precise and accurate.
my greatest secret:

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 8th Dec 2012

^According to Ash's theory, and the theory that spacetime goes around in circles, nothing. It was always there. According to the big bang one, we don't know. That's what we're trying to work out. Some scientists think it was something on the quantum level (so bits of matter that don't work according to normal laws), which affected each other and released a huge amount of energy. You know how the Higgs boson (aka the God Particle) was discovered recently? Well, that was probably what gave the first energy, mass...
Over to Ash for a way clearer, more informed explanation... :D

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 8th Dec 2012

AFrules12 wrote:^^ You just touched on the theory of Causation. This is a good way to revise my R.E.
Christians believe that God is begotten, which means he was always there, he was not caused. So everything has a cause apart from him.

And Brian, you said you hated Dickens the other day...
... it says Darwin, not Dickens, hun. XD

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Sun 9th Dec 2012

Skyswallow wrote:^According to Ash's theory, and the theory that spacetime goes around in circles, nothing. It was always there. According to the big bang one, we don't know. That's what we're trying to work out. Some scientists think it was something on the quantum level (so bits of matter that don't work according to normal laws), which affected each other and released a huge amount of energy. You know how the Higgs boson (aka the God Particle) was discovered recently? Well, that was probably what gave the first energy, mass...
Over to Ash for a way clearer, more informed explanation... :D
What I was going to say was actually completely different... XD
artytwin wrote:definition of God: "the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe "
definition of Radiations: the process in which energy is emitted as particles or waves.

By definition god is SUPREME, and radiations are not. so that's why god can be there without having anyone create him, nobody created him. i can believe this because he is so great.

Whereas radiations or just radiations. they can't just be there, someone or something had to create them.

I have another question: we know explosions to cause ciaos, how can the big bang cause something so precise and organized.
It's like saying that an explosion could have made Mt.Rushmore which is so precise and accurate.
If you're implying that god is good (If there is one), get your facts right. If he is real he should get tried for mass murder, fraud, terrorism, conspiracy. So called "Laws of god" have implyed that people should be killed when they break certain rules, if you look at the rules closely you'll notice they're non-sencical and idiotic, they imply things for no reason, such that gay people are bad. So if you think that god is good (If there is one), think again.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

artytwin
Gnome

Post by artytwin » Mon 10th Dec 2012

Ash Kelp wrote:
artytwin wrote:definition of God: "the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe "

If you're implying that god is good (If there is one), get your facts right. If he is real he should get tried for mass murder, fraud, terrorism, conspiracy. So called "Laws of god" have implyed that people should be killed when they break certain rules, if you look at the rules closely you'll notice they're non-sencical and idiotic, they imply things for no reason, such that gay people are bad. So if you think that god is good (If there is one), think again.
that has nothing to do with what i said. just FYI
yes god is good, and he made this to test people. this whole life is a test. In the end we'll all get what we deserve, either hell or heaven.
Why should he get tried for mass murder fraud and terrorism? did he terrorize people? no! people did that to each other. Before we were born he gave us the decision to chose which path we were going to take, right or wrong. Just because humans didn't follow his rules, doesn't mean that God is the one who is wrong. He didn't make us chose the right path, he gave us the decision. If he made everything good, there would be no purpose for life. After we discover everything there is to know, what then?
Thank you, I've looked at the rules closely, and I've found that they'd made a lot of sense. If you're naughty, you might be rich and happy and have everything, but in the afterlife you'll have boiled water to drink and hot thorns to eat that will make more hungry, and you'll burn to ashes, then your flesh will be re created and burnt again and again.

Okay, before I explode and break the computer screen, lemme tell you something:
Did I go and say that your beliefs are stupid and crap and that you should be hanged? No.
But you went ahead and said that my beliefs are idiotic. And not only that, you called my god a terrorist, the person i love the most and the person I am prepared to die for a million times. You called him not good. the opposite of good is bad. you called him BAD, do you know who I call BAD? I call the Mafia bad, those serial killers who kill children. Those are BAD. god is not bad. you dare call him bad? I didn't call people who made up this whole big bang thing bad, even though i probably should, but I didn't.

See that's the difference between me and you, I wasn't rude and I didn't go and curse you because God said that's wrong. While you went and called God's rules idiotic. Just proof that if everyone truly believed in God and followed him, there wouldn't be war and blood splattered all over the place and there wouldn't be all this argument.

In conclusion, I think my beliefs make much more sense than the belief that everything is just a coincidence and that we are living for absolutely no reason at all. Developing is not a reason. If I'm not going to receive a reward as great as heaven for helping the world and doing GOOD, then why do I do it. To make people's lives easier? What for?! If we just stopped evolving right now, it wouldn't be such big a problem. So what if our kids don't have phones that they can plug into their shirts to charge? We're living now aren't we? They can also stop working. Everyone can serve themselves. Why don't we just live happy go lucky.
But God wants us to grow. So that's why I learn, that's the sole reason why I do everything I do.

If this is rude or harsh, I only was so because he was first and I'm extremely hurt by what he said.
my greatest secret: