Collapsible Refrigerators and How to Subdue Them

All forms of art in here, from Photoshop to pencil and paper.
BoboParadizo
Centaur Genius

Re: Collapsible Refrigerators and How to Subdue Them

Post by BoboParadizo » Mon 22nd Oct 2012

Kay, so I do all that extracting stuff they show you in the video. And then I open up that folder that has all your documents and pictures and stuff in it. From there, I click on the gimp 2.8 folder, then my fonts folder. Then I copy/paste the font files into the gimp2.8 fonts folder.

Maybe if you try that it'll work? :3

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 26th Oct 2012

@ World is Quiet: Oh, fonts? All you need to do is drop it into the main fonts folder of your computer. You don't need to install it INTO GIMP, all fonts on your computer is already in it. So install it onto your computer and restart GIMP if you have it open.

Installation instructions:

Close any programs which use fonts before doing this. (eg. Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop etc.)

Most fonts come in “.zip” files, and so, need to be extracted first. To do this, simply right click the file, go to “Open With,” and choose either WinZip (May also be called, “Compressed (zipped) Folders,” or WinRar. If you do not have WinZip, it can be downloaded for free here. Now select extract, and choose where to extract to.
Open “Windows Explorer,” and find the folder which you extracted the font to. Now, in the smaller window on the left hand side, you must select the “+” signs beside folder names, in this order:“My Computer > Local Disk (C) > Windows.”NB – If this window currently shows things such as “File and Folder Tasks,” then click on the button labeled “Folders,” near the top of the screen.
Finally, hold down the left mouse button on the font file (.ttf), which you can see in the main screen, and drag and drop it onto the folder called “Fonts,” in the screen on the left.Your font will install automatically.
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 26th Oct 2012

Iris_Cam wrote:@ World is Quiet: Oh, fonts? All you need to do is drop it into the main fonts folder of your computer. You don't need to install it INTO GIMP, all fonts on your computer is already in it. So install it onto your computer and restart GIMP if you have it open.

Installation instructions:

Close any programs which use fonts before doing this. (eg. Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop etc.)

Most fonts come in “.zip” files, and so, need to be extracted first. To do this, simply right click the file, go to “Open With,” and choose either WinZip (May also be called, “Compressed (zipped) Folders,” or WinRar. If you do not have WinZip, it can be downloaded for free here. Now select extract, and choose where to extract to.
Open “Windows Explorer,” and find the folder which you extracted the font to. Now, in the smaller window on the left hand side, you must select the “+” signs beside folder names, in this order:“My Computer > Local Disk (C) > Windows.”NB – If this window currently shows things such as “File and Folder Tasks,” then click on the button labeled “Folders,” near the top of the screen.
Finally, hold down the left mouse button on the font file (.ttf), which you can see in the main screen, and drag and drop it onto the folder called “Fonts,” in the screen on the left.Your font will install automatically.
It's installed, but it won't work on GIMP.

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Post by BLoemetje » Fri 26th Oct 2012

And in other programs? Does the font appear there, but not in gimp, or does it appear nowhere?

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 26th Oct 2012

BLoemetje wrote:And in other programs? Does the font appear there, but not in gimp, or does it appear nowhere?
It appears in Word and all that. But, in GIMP, it does not work.
EDIT:// I fiddled a bit with it, and it works now. Thanks though, for trying to help. :]