Collapsible Refrigerators and How to Subdue Them

All forms of art in here, from Photoshop to pencil and paper.
Amber Root
Council Member

Re: Collapsible Refrigerators and How to Subdue Them

Post by Amber Root » Sat 14th Jul 2012

I'm confused. Do you mean the shadow drops color, or the color of the background itself?

Like Iris said above me; if it's the shadows color you wish to change. Like making the black turn to white. There should be a back with the color that it will become on the tab if the filter itself. Just click it and another tab will pop up with the color palet.

I'm yanking this out of my memory. But if it's the background color of the background that the shadow drop layer is above. All you have to do, I belive is use the hue, light, and saturation(I might be wrong about it. Lacking GIMP in my mind). Go to the hue bar and you can change it there. Which is under the color filter catagory a believe. That's how I would change my colors. It's more rich and vibrant that way.

Worldy, I'm quit confused by what you mean. :?
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 14th Jul 2012

I did what Iris said and found out how. It was an stupid mistake, of not paying attention, sorry.
I always don't explain thing well, sorry. :cry:

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 14th Jul 2012

How do you make a background and make it show through on another layer? The rubber always changes the colour to white when I do it, regardless of what I have underneath :?
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sat 14th Jul 2012

What do you mean by rubber?
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sun 15th Jul 2012

^^ It think she the 'opacity' tool. Well, if you are using GIMP it will be on the layers side bar thing. Opacity makes a layer see throught if that's what she meant. I don't know about Photoshop, sorry.

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Wed 1st Aug 2012

^ It's just about the same in Photoshop. Click the layer you want to 'transparentise', and there should be a slider or something similar in the layer dialogue. It's right about the top-ish of the layer dialogue.
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Wed 5th Sep 2012

^I think I explained it wrong... But I've solved that problem myself.
Two questions. One, is there anywhere where the filters are explained? I can use a couple of them but I don't know what most of them do! :? Two, how do I put an image in my siggie? AA told me earlier, but I want to put a new image in. I have tried to do the same, but it didn't work! :tantrum:

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Wed 5th Sep 2012

Idk about the first question but for the second q. this should explain it: http://forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2526 As Fowlie posted in the rules please check there first.
Last edited by world is quiet here on Fri 7th Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 6th Sep 2012

^I know, that's what AA told me to do. But it's not working, and I've tried three or four times! Would that mean there's something wrong with my computer? :?

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Post by BLoemetje » Thu 6th Sep 2012

^Which image do you want to put in? Maybe I can try to give you the code, and then we can see if that works.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 6th Sep 2012

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 7th Sep 2012

Skyswallow wrote:It's on dA...
Here's the URL: http://skyswallowrose.deviantart.com/#/d5drwcc
dA doesn't give you the IMG code. You have to upload it to photobucket or another image storer. I think. Oh and it looks to big to fit on the forum too. You must scale it under 500x 500 pixels.

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Post by BLoemetje » Fri 7th Sep 2012

world is quiet here wrote:
Skyswallow wrote:It's on dA...
Here's the URL: http://skyswallowrose.deviantart.com/#/d5drwcc
dA doesn't give you the IMG code. You have to upload it to photobucket or another image storer. I think. Oh and it looks to big to fit on the forum too. You must scale it under 500x 500 pixels.
If you use Chrome, you can get the code by right-clicking on the image, and 'copy image-url'. After that if should work.. I have the code here:

Code: Select all

[img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/249/9/8/fire_is_catching_by_skyswallowrose-d5drwcc.jpg[/img]
Wicky is right though, this image is too big for a siggie. I though the rule was 500 by 300... But I may be wrong. Just keep it to a sensible size, I would say, and look at the rules when you're unsure.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 8th Sep 2012

@Iris: I checked the rules and it was 500x250 in a signature, sorry.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sun 21st Oct 2012

Guys I've been trying this for about an hour please help me.
Right, so when bringing a font into GIMP. I always get this message "Invalid UTF-8 data in file 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ThrowMyHandsUpintheAir.ttf'." I've followed this youtube video, and it just won't work. It's ugh annoying. The comments seem to say it's worked for others... Please help.