ATTENTION ALL FAN FICTION AUTHORS

Updates, new rules and anything else you need to know about the forum.
1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Re: ATTENTION ALL FAN FICTION AUTHORS

Post by 1hollyfan » Wed 13th Feb 2008

The world it takes place in has to be different? You mean it just has to be a major change, or it has to be something like What if this existed? Or What if this happened and changed everything?
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

harrygz
Gnome

Post by harrygz » Wed 13th Feb 2008

i'll write a story a pm it to you in the next six days! Have you decided on the prize yet. let me know in a pm.
Join the new virtual island game. The best (and only) virtual game on fangathering!click on the adress to join!
https://forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4522

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Wed 13th Feb 2008

1hollyfan wrote:The world it takes place in has to be different? You mean it just has to be a major change, or it has to be something like What if this existed? Or What if this happened and changed everything?

Either one works, I think.
It can take place in a different world, as long as it isn't a crossover, I guess.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sat 16th Feb 2008

harrygz wrote:i'll write a story a pm it to you in the next six days! Have you decided on the prize yet. let me know in a pm.

I think that the prize would depend on the country. For instance, if you live in the US, it's possible for me to reserve you a copy of AF6, but if you live in, say China, it would be very difficult [unless you are willing to wait, of course :wink:], so we would opt to send you a copy of Airman from the US.

It's pretty complicated, and I'll get back to you once I get this sorted. But yes, there is a prize which is either Airman or AF6--that I guarantee. :P
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

marie_svenson,sith
Mud-Man

Post by marie_svenson,sith » Sat 16th Feb 2008

Ooh, this should be fun! By the way, darvit, nice avatar.
You know you have issues if you can name every song on an entirely instrumental soundtrack... when it's on shuffle!

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sun 17th Feb 2008

carino wrote:March 15.
Which is actually 2 days before St. Patrick's Day, by the way.

They've actually moved the St. Patrick's Day celebration to March 15th this year because it falls on this year's Holy Monday [Holy Week, for Christians]. So instead of formally celebrating it on the 17th, we're celebrating it on the 15th. :D

Yeah, technical schmechnical. Bah humbug. :lol:
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Sun 17th Feb 2008

I don't think that I'll be doing this contest. I'm no good at writing "What If?" stories... :(
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Post by MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Sun 17th Feb 2008

Don't give up!!!!!
Give it a try,I'm sure you'll write a great story!The most important thing is to have fun :D
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name

EarthGoddess
LEP Recruit

Post by EarthGoddess » Tue 19th Feb 2008

i would soo prefer to win AF6 rather than airman. but it doesnt matter coz im not going to write anything.
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls!!
:D

sofi chan
Goblin

Post by sofi chan » Thu 28th Feb 2008

i'm living in Israel. and if i write and win (just a question!) so you can send my prize to israel too?

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Fri 29th Feb 2008

sofi chan wrote:i'm living in Israel. and if i write and win (just a question!) so you can send my prize to israel too?

Yep, Amazon doesn't deliver to Israel, but Barnes & Noble does. Plus I could probably find an online retailer that does, so don't worry. XD

PhoenixRSA
LEP Recruit

Post by PhoenixRSA » Sun 2nd Mar 2008

Yeah, I repeat what Sofi Chan said, can you deliver it to South Africa? (Just a question)
Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:

https://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4266
Thanks to /b/ for his photoshopp greatness!
OH NO! THEY HAVE NERFED THE NUCLEAR ATTACK TESLA DOGS!
Founder of the Hyperactive club! **Twitch**

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sun 2nd Mar 2008

PhoenixRSA wrote:Yeah, I repeat what Sofi Chan said, can you deliver it to South Africa? (Just a question)

Yeah, I did my homework and looked up South Africa too. XD Yes, the sites I've consulted can deliver to South Africa.

However, countries outside USA & Canada do not have the "pre-order" option of AF6. We have other options, though:
  • I can pre-order AF6 for you through the Amazon.com [USA] website but that means that you will have to wait a little longer [maybe 2 or more weeks after the book comes out--I don't know how strict the Bureau of Customs are in your countries].
  • I can get you AF6 straight from a local bookstore in your country [and AF6 gets released in the rest of the world in August; for the US & UK, it comes out in July] but that means you'll get it a month after its July release. [*NOTE: But then again, would shipping from the US take just as long? I'll choose Expedited Int'l Shipping, but we won't be super sure that it'll get there super soon. Whoever wins, we'll talk about this in detail. :wink:]
  • I'll just get you Airman.

I decided that it's going to be the winner's decision, really. XD

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sun 2nd Mar 2008

I've been getting a lot of non-canon sequels lately. A lot of people seem to be confused as to what the difference is.

Questions like "What if this happened instead of the Eternity Code?" Are non-canon sequels. You're trying to alter the world of AF, not write a sequel :razz:

For an example (You can't use these ones, by the way), a good question would be "What if Artemis grew up in Communist Russia?" or "What if Artemis lived in the 1600s?"

So, recap."What if this happened to artemis?" = Non-canon sequel. "What if this were different about the Artemis Fowl Universe?" = Elseworlds Fanfiction.

Remember, non-canon sequels are outside the criteria. As good as the stories I've been getting are, they can't win as is, and I hate to see people do all that work for naught.

private k stewart
Dwarf Thief

Post by private k stewart » Tue 4th Mar 2008

kwl, ive already submitted mine, not very kwl though!! o well, at least i tryed :) :razz:
the one and only PKS, the one and only private K Stewart and the one and only Katy Stewart, Scarlet and Katy the number 1 vampires of fangathering! ;)