opal.... where is she now

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
Hiram Abif
Gnome

Re: opal.... where is she now

Post by Hiram Abif » Sat 6th Oct 2007

Kagoma_Kage wrote:She's Minerva I think. I've thought that for a while,in fact I think that's the new vinain twist EC spoke of. (I hope.)

I want Opal to come back :shock: I think she's hot! XD lol
But your idea sounds alot better!
We are shaped by fate just as we shape it.

The redeem3r
Dwarf Thief
Location: On a pale blue dot, traveling wherever the Universe takes me

Post by The redeem3r » Sat 6th Oct 2007

opal_koboi wrote::starwars: Obal what will happen to her? Will she stay rotting in jail forever, or willl she become good and she might hopely get her magic back and return stronger then ever and they haft to bring back root to save the people? so many questains what will happen? [url][url=http://bunnyherolabs.com/adopt/showpet.php?b=bWM9YmF0LnN3ZiZjbHI9MHgyMTIxOTImY249c2hhZGUmYW49b3BhbA%3D%3D]Image[/url][/url] this is her pet bat Shade watch your back Artemis Fowl! :tantrum:

During the interview with EC..maybe the villian he's bringing back is her? Or Mr. Spiro. Mr. Spiro was pretty devious.

The reasons aliens haven't made contact with us because if a species were to become space-faring, they would have no doubt realized that bickering and warring is primitive. They realize that any interaction with humans would be met with hostility on our parts. Only when we can put aside our differences and tear down our borders will be find what we are looking for.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 6th Oct 2007

Or Arno Blunt. That's an interesting concept, Minerva being Opal. But if she WAS Opal, then wouldn't she have killed Artemis the first chance she got? Then run away? :?
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Sun 7th Oct 2007

I don't see how that would make any sort of sense. Anyway, Opal isn't human, she just looks like one. And one younger than Minerva, too.

Hiram Abif
Gnome

Post by Hiram Abif » Sun 7th Oct 2007

MMK wrote:I don't see how that would make any sort of sense. Anyway, Opal isn't human, she just looks like one. And one younger than Minerva, too.

Let's then hope something cool will happen :shock:

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sun 7th Oct 2007

Well, being the smart creature that she was, couldn't she invent something to make her look like a 12 year-old genius? And technically speaking, she IS human since her sugery in the fourth book. Not that I support the theory of Opal being Minerva, I'm just trying to see how it would happen.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Sun 7th Oct 2007

Opal is NOT human.

She looks like a human. But it's all just plastic surgery. She's articficially rounded her ears and inserted hormones into herself, but that just makes her a pixie who looks like a human. She is still not human.

And yes, I suppose she could get even more surgery done to make herself look like a human. And Minerva and Opal share certain characteristics. But there are so many flaws in the theory it's practically impossible.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sun 7th Oct 2007

So true. I guess you have a point, Opal is still a pixie. I agree with you by saying that Opal is NOT Minerva. I just don't see how Colfer will make it happen. Though he did say something about a villain coming back. I wonder who? :shock:
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Mon 8th Oct 2007

I didn't say she was human.
But I fail to understand why you see my theory as being so flawed.
And Opal has a pituitary gland now remember? She will grow. Minerva's twelve. Belina was about ten I think that seems about right. And as you yourself said there's nothing to keep her from getting more surgery to change her features .
To me it makes sense.
Minerva's father just happens to be a famous plastic surgeon.
Minerva has no traceable background short of a ghost file of a fuzzy spelling bee photo which could've easily been planted.
And as for why she wouldn't kill Artemis that just doesn't seem like Opal to me in the first place, to me she seems more likely to earn his trust, make him fall in love with her, learn all his secrets, exploit his fortune, then revival her identity, making him realize his own stupidity and shattering his confidence, then kill him.
Doesn't that seem more like Opal to you? She seems to enjoy ruining people more then just being rid of them.
And did you notice how very willing she seemed to have her "baby brother" shot?
(Referring to the flying car incident.)
Not exactly the behavior of a loving big sister now is it?
Anyway I'm not saying it'd happen. Just that I think it could, and it'd be cool plot twist.

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Mon 8th Oct 2007

That's actually a really cool idea. Colfer could make it make sense. Though... I think that Artemis would notice if his arch-nemisis, even after having plastic surgery, returned to be his love interest. There's only so much you can act, your personality can't be hid that easily. I also think that colfer would plant some sublte hints, like slips in Minerva's facade.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Hiram Abif
Gnome

Post by Hiram Abif » Mon 8th Oct 2007

Kagoma_Kage wrote:I didn't say she was human.
But I fail to understand why you see my theory as being so flawed.
And Opal has a pituitary gland now remember? She will grow. Minerva's twelve. Belina was about ten I think that seems about right. And as you yourself said there's nothing to keep her from getting more surgery to change her features .
To me it makes sense.
Minerva's father just happens to be a famous plastic surgeon.
Minerva has no traceable background short of a ghost file of a fuzzy spelling bee photo which could've easily been planted.
And as for why she wouldn't kill Artemis that just doesn't seem like Opal to me in the first place, to me she seems more likely to earn his trust, make him fall in love with her, learn all his secrets, exploit his fortune, then revival her identity, making him realize his own stupidity and shattering his confidence, then kill him.
Doesn't that seem more like Opal to you? She seems to enjoy ruining people more then just being rid of them.
And did you notice how very willing she seemed to have her "baby brother" shot?
(Referring to the flying car incident.)
Not exactly the behavior of a loving big sister now is it?
Anyway I'm not saying it'd happen. Just that I think it could, and it'd be cool plot twist.

That actually sounded very logical. O_o
yep, works for me :D I'm with that idea 100%

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Mon 8th Oct 2007

somebody said she would come back in the sixth (AGAIN)
hello. my name is veelagirl.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Mon 8th Oct 2007

You have presented some very logical explainations for your theory, and I must say that it is a very good argument. But I have to agree with BlackOpal, not meaning to sound like a side-choosing sucking-up little brat, but I just think that Artemis is too smart to be fooled by Opal again.

I have an evil idea... what if the villain was Artemis? :shock:
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Tue 9th Oct 2007

Yes but it's not like Artemis is at his best at the moment.
I mean puberty seems to be having the same effect on him as would a swift kick in the head. I mean in the beginning of TLC Artemis lost track of himself around four times in as many pages.
His brain and his development are not in sync right now and I personally think Minerva's about all it would take for him to start overlooking the details.
And to your other remark: You're right about that. [Interview spoiler] Artemis is basically going to be the villain in the next book, younger Artemis, E.C. said it in new interview.
"So, the nice Artemis that has become fairly decent goes back in time to face himself, who was pretty despicable. In the past... so, that's it, in a nutshell."

Sorry off topic but: Hey Hiram Abif I love your signature where'd the art come from?

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Tue 9th Oct 2007

Good point. But I think puberty hits everyone like a swift kick in the head. Well, me at least... Not that I'm contradicting you, I'm just saying.
I'm Normally Paranormal.