Wicky-Kun's art.

All forms of art in here, from Photoshop to pencil and paper.
world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Wicky-Kun's art.

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 22nd Jun 2012

Sorry about my last thread getting locked, I didn't realize one of the rules of this board, sorry. 3:
----------------------------------
My art. Well, I've made loadss of stuff and haven't been posting it.
The things I like to do:
Signatures [a lot, me no good.]
Desktops [One of me fave]
Avvies [I've never done this, I'm making a team Arty one]
Pencil&Paper [not often, will post my one of Arty soon..]
Paint drawings [meaning drawings, I love Paint so much, I will never use RNA or Gimpy to do drawing.]
That's about it...
-----------------------------------

-------------------------------------
I shall post more soon. :D

Also, if this thread isn't updated much my deviantart: http://www.wicky-kun.deviantart.com
Last edited by world is quiet here on Sat 31st May 2014, edited 6 times in total.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Re: Wicky-Kun's art.

Post by world is quiet here » Sun 1st Jul 2012

Nobody interested? Here's more anyways.
A desktop: http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... undpng.png
Another desktop [at the size of a sig, don't ask.]: http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... ground.png
A sig which turned into a desktop xD: http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... hingey.png

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Thu 12th Jul 2012

I think you have a good start with desktops! Especially the last one. I think that would definitely still work as a siggie too.

I realize that Paint is a little hard to work with. It's difficult to erase lines you don't want or uneeded white spaces. Since I don't work with Gimp or anything like that (Picmonkey is for me XP) I'm used to working with paint a bit. A tip from me: remember the color fill tool+the paintbrush tool. If filling it in with color doesn't get it quite right, use the paintbrush to cover up some of the white. Also I noticed your rabbit's ear was a little too large and round.

As for the "Bri Was Here" piece, I think it would've worked out well except for the lettering. Try to keep it more on-center. Also, if you hold down the mouse longer it makes the lettering thicker and therefore easier to read.

A little thing about the font on your desktops: they're all very standard. I know nothing about art programs and all those fancy shmancy fonts they have, but what I use is the simple online photo editor Picmonkey. They have modern-enough fonts, and I think it would complete your desktops.

I hope I'm not being too serious with my crit. XD Like I said, you have a good start.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Thu 12th Jul 2012

^Thank you for concritting. I really need it due to the fact, all my desktops are made the same, I need a new level in making desktops. ^^
I've got the older version of Paint, where you can only do 3 undos (annoying), and you can't crop etc. I agree it is hard, but GIMP is not made for things like 'Bri Was here', they don't have a spray can tool, however they do have airbrush, and the different brushes, but still, I find it easier on Paint. :)
About my desktops being very standard- I need to know the next level- all I usually do is: choose a gradient> Colourise (and those tools) to the colour I want> Fiddle with the filters> And I'm finished.
Bri was 'ere: I changed it, I would rub it out, but it rubs out the brickwall background too, so it would pretty much involve me doing it again. With bolder text, if ya care :3
-------------
Update:
I made a desktop of a pond, it's quite basic.

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Thu 12th Jul 2012

Maybe, is case you make a mistake, you should save more than one copy of the original. Then you can do it over again, or have a few more to choose from. Just a suggestion ^^

I like your effects with the pond! Do you do that on Irfanveiw or something?

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Thu 12th Jul 2012

Okies, I don't have much space left on my comp tho, so I might not be able to save so many copys. D:
As for the pond, I just used GIMP's gradients and filters. It easier than it looks, no joke. :P

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Fri 13th Jul 2012

You used, if i'm guessing correctly, the ripple filter in Gimp to make the pond the way it is?

It's awesome, you are a good graphic artist.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 13th Jul 2012

^I actually don't remember how I did it..
Thank you. I'm no good at actually putting images together, I prefer to make a image (desktop) from GIMP's own elements. ^^ It is hard to get anything that better than standard that way though.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 21st Jul 2012

BREAKING NEWS: Wicky is now taking requests. That's right, I am now taking requests. Of anything really. :3 I really need the practice.
Update, here is an update: A failed sig of doulbe the number thread I made: http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... sigpng.png
A desktop I named 'Death'
A really old drawing, which totally sucks, but I really wanted to share, it brings back loads of memorys.
That is all for now! Come back again!

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 12th Oct 2012

Hang on, is this a triple post? D:

A small update:
A signature called 'It don't matter if ya're black or white'for Amy, based off the Michael Jackson song.

A desktop:
Drag it to another tab, or
Let the trees hang on you, the own is mine.

I have started drawing manga, I'll post my Conan Edogadwa drawing in a edit, it's still be drawn.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 13th Oct 2012

These are really good! I don't have any requests, but how do you make these? :D
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 13th Oct 2012

Actually, I don't know how.
Well, the desktop was fractures. And a boy. And text. Then colourising.

The signature was made out of this guy originally: Image
Or here's the link.
And then grayscaled, it duplicated it... I don't know, it was quite complicated and hard to put the text in the right place. And to get the colouring, I used the fill tool... There's a bit of yellow underneath it visible, I think I had to do that to get the text to show up. Other than that, I don't know...

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 13th Oct 2012

Wow :razz: That does sound complicated.

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Wed 17th Oct 2012

Last edited by world is quiet here on Sun 23rd Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Wed 17th Oct 2012

I quites like the Parkur one, but you could change the size of the pic so the edges don't show. And change the text colour to light pink or white.
The DC one seems good, are you going to colour it? :D