A new addition to the world of photoshop and Anime

All forms of art in here, from Photoshop to pencil and paper.
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

A new addition to the world of photoshop and Anime

Post by Ash Kelp » Sun 17th Jun 2012

I'm pretty new at this and these aren't the best... But It only took me a little while to make them without too much help from my teacher (Thanks again Sara).

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... /SIG-2.png

And here is just the background of that one:
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... 11/SIG.png
Last edited by Ash Kelp on Mon 18th Jun 2012, edited 3 times in total.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Amber Root
Council Member

Re: A new addition to the world of photoshop and Anime

Post by Amber Root » Mon 18th Jun 2012

Both of them have a very good lighting effect in the background. I'm interested. But the lighting flare in the middle is throwing it off a little bit. Try toning it down a little. I'm guessing your using Photoshop, right? Well I'm guessing it's called the same thing, try making the Opacity a little more see though by bringing it down to 80 or 90. It might make it blend in to look like it's a part of the background more. I really would like to see more. :3
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 18th Jun 2012

(BTW i use Gimp to make these.)
^Thanks for the suggestion, i tried it and it looks better:

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... /SIG-3.png

And here's a new one:

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... 1/SIG2.png

Another BTW, if you are wondering why they are called SIG 1, SIG 2... here's why: Standard Image generated. (Don't ask)

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 23rd Jun 2012

About SIG2: That backgroumd is truely amazing.. Did you make it yourself? :)

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Sat 23rd Jun 2012

Thanks, but all I did was take the photo of the Elf (with the background) and used cut and paste with the dragon, although i did add the flame on my own.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 23rd Jun 2012

Okay.
Also, to add onto what Amy said, there is this sneaky tool on Powerpoint which does what Amy said but more simply, here is how it works:
1) Open up Powerpoint. Make sure you can see the picture toolbar. If you can't, go View>toolbars>Picture>Tick it.
2)Get an image with a background which you can't fit in (it would look like this: http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... elpAsh.png )> You can just copy+paste it.
3)Use this tool: http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... forash.png [Where the white arrow is pointing to]>Put that arrow on the background which doesn't fit in.[Oh yeah. have your background as white when doing this.]
4)Use the tool, it should look like this: http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... ingash.png
5)Save it and copy it into whatever you're going to put it into.
6) And Bob's your uncle! ;)

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Thu 27th Sep 2012

Okay, finally an update after all those monthes...

My current Siggie:

My current Avvie:

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 28th Sep 2012

Ash, the signature is very good, but I imagine you just used a filter to make the font like that.
And the avvie, the background colour is bad, so you can't see the text... And add more decoration to both of them... Maybe a some fractals? And a nice background? I don't know, it's your art.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Sat 13th Oct 2012

Actually, I did them in word to tell the truth... But thanks for the Con Crit.

Here's a new picture that I'm having some problems with:
(I don't know what's wrong, I think it's too long, but it's not that wide either. I think Photobucket messed it up...)
Here's the link if the image above is cut off at the end:
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... 386cbc.png

I tried to get the background to be yellowed, but it changed a little when I converted it to PNG...

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sun 14th Oct 2012

I'd say the yellowing's fine as it is. What you could do is try and put a filter on the cartoon to make it look more like an old photo... See if there's a 'Sienna' option. Other than that it's good (although a border wouldn't do any harm :) ), it doesn't look messed up at all! :D
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 15th Oct 2012

Hey Sky stole my words XD Yeah, use the 'Sienna' option. But other than that, I like it.. But if it's a old photograph doesn't it need to be in monochrome? xD
Oh and also, since the title says you make anime, do you mean drawing the manga, or actually making fandubs/your own anime episodes/short clips? Sorry, I'm interested, because that'd be awesome.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Tue 13th Nov 2012

^Thanks for the help you guys, I really appreciate it. :D

@Wicky: I do draw some pictures, i'm trying to draw more often, but it only happens rarely... :( Most of the animation work I do is for school, although I do want to learn how to make GIFs that move...

An update:

Something I did when I was bored, I hope you like it!
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... eather.png

Here's something that will be my new siggie, It might be a bit big.
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... uscats.png

Also, I'm now taking requests for Signiture Backgrounds, I'm not very good at doing the main part.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Tue 13th Nov 2012

They're both good, but maybe you could make them blend into the background a little better? And also use a slightly fuzzier brush for the rubbing out. Then they'll be really good :D
Other than that, they're really good! I hope to see more soon *stares*
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 1st Dec 2012

Ash, to learn how to do gifs ask a gif maker on Tumblr (they have the BEST gifs on there) or just ask someone. I fail at it personally, but I might be able to help with basic gifs...

I just came here to say about the texts in your signatures/avatars. They're all the same font. GIMP comes with a basic amount of fonts, but you should download more... Try www.coolfonts.com, www.abstractfonts.com (<<<< Is my favourite). Then download them, go to your Control Panel on your computer, appearence, then there should be fonts, copy the font files into there, then close GIMP if you have it open, open it again and it should be there. But that's if you have Microsoft, not Apple.