Concept Art (no more signatures/avatars)

All forms of art in here, from Photoshop to pencil and paper.
TungstenMessah
Troll

Concept Art (no more signatures/avatars)

Post by TungstenMessah » Mon 25th Jul 2011

Hey all. Most of ya probs know about AfterWorlds now, and some of you may know the real story behind it.

I'm short an artist, so I'll post up some of my work, and you guys can see if you can draw as good as it. PM if you can.

Large edit down belooooow!

Here goes...

FINAL WORKS

A close-up of TungstenMessiah
Maedria Black/FowlStar
[url=hhttp://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc400/TungstenMessiah-FTW/AmberFinal.jpg]Amber Root[/url]
"Life" picture, Artemis rendition, draft
Entropy-like artwork, fanmade game concept art
__

Maedria Black 2.0 (Fowlie's armor and weps!)

Armour
First batch 'o weapons
Second batch 'o weapons

SteezeMonkey's stuff (HTML dude)

First batch 'o weapons
Second batch 'o weapons
Armour

Pre-drawings

The drawing that started it all...
Pre-Amy
Pre-Maedria
Pre-TM 2.0
Mid-TM 2.0
Maybe Letta?
TM 2.0's bio-bow
TM.3.0

Weapons

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Julyangel's bow.
CF 2.0

Constructive critisizm please and thankyou.

There be a ghost in your post, cleaning up those links. Take a look at how to set them out properly :P It keeps them neater and takes less space.

PS: if you play DragonFable, in no way mistaken this doofus as True Mortal. Thanks!
~Alanna

Very funny. XD
~TM, aka McF4rtson
Last edited by TungstenMessah on Wed 1st Aug 2012, edited 6 times in total.
ok.

Amber Root
Council Member

Re: A Concept Artist's Art

Post by Amber Root » Mon 25th Jul 2011

Yay!!! My wings are soo.... Fluffy! :D Me love, love, love it!! :lol: My taco gun is so awsome as well. One question why is it only in black and white, why no pretty colors in it? :shock: Why did I just say that, that way?!?

TM can you draw Obama? :lol: No really, are you able to draw him? If you are able, draw him please!!!
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

Wolfie
Troll

Post by Wolfie » Sat 30th Jul 2011

WOW they are sooo awesome. I truly love your drawing style :D
Image Image Image I thought why not, everyone elses look really cool :)
:DMake sure that you smile every day, to show the world that it hasn't beaten you yet :D
:)You can be exactly who you want to be, only you can make it happen, you've just got to believe it, you've just got to be it! :)
:D Team Artemis :D

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Sun 31st Jul 2011

Hey Snook. I just thought I'd pop in and poke you... I honestly LOVE the drawings. A word, to disguise your URL as words, just add words in the middle of a URL tag, and add the actual URL in the inside of the tag. Like this:

Code: Select all

[url=http://randon_link]Poke[/url]
Just thought I'd point that out. :D Make sure to replace the question mark with a bracket. :3 Anyway, I could try to render the drawings... MAYBE. I've drawn extensions of anime before, so I could... and I have a friend who draws... she could fill the position for assistant artist... she just popped up in my bubble head. :3 Don't kill me. XD XD XD
i write because you exist.

BoboParadizo
Centaur Genius

Re: Concept Art

Post by BoboParadizo » Tue 11th Oct 2011

Wow...you are a really great artist. Everything is so perfectly black and white and stuff. Hmm...I liked the weapons in particular. Very nice details. All I can say is... :shock:

Alanna
Lady Random

Re: Concept Art (and sigs)

Post by Alanna » Mon 11th Jun 2012

Just cleaning up this assortment of links Tug. Keep it neat Mr, I don't like my rest being disturbed :P

You are improving, but you may like to do further study on how sceletal structures look. That and use H pencils for your initial lines BEFORE using a heavier HB or B pencil. That'll help the burry line problem out a bit :P Try to scale them larger, or draw your smaller then try bigger to fit more details.

The weapons aren't bad, but remember there must be a basis of practicality underneath each and every fantasy wep. Style it after a real weapon with more details and you should be fine there.

I have my right to say, and experience which reinforces these peices of advice. THIS is neat and concice lineart where details can be viewed. Try to make it easy on the poor sucker who has to flash it like that :P
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

TungstenMessah
Troll

Re: Concept Art (and sigs)

Post by TungstenMessah » Tue 31st Jul 2012

Oh mi gawd, Alanna, you looked at those?

1. The only pencils I use are lead pencils. With HB lead.
2. For the blur and thickness of the drawings, it because I always outline everything with a black pen.
3. I have newer pics, and while many of them are still very "dense" I have thought of expanding out my weapons, which I have done and with great success.
4. In addition, my programmer and animator both tell me, all the time, that they hate me when I give them a staff armors to work on. (Most of those, I think, were staff armors. The staff armors are more complex than normal armors.)
5. And, yes, my weapons are completely insane. But, really, aren't Nul's ungodly reavers not insane as well? Although, admittedly, my weapons do take insane to a new level. Some of them, anyway.

So, an update. I'm only updating because of Alanna's post. I don't mind if anyone comments/looks at these, just no flames.

The "expanded" weps. Or, the "insane" weps. I do love my gunblades!
A female super-duper evil character.
The assisstant writer's character (Oceanus)
TM 4.0
The proposed map, with important routes, regions, etc.
I actually have Confirmfail's stuff done, but I probably will never have the time to put them up here. Exams and such, and Minecraft. That server won't take care of itself. And CHFW, too.
ok.