Superstions

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Re: Superstions

Post by Randomosity » Sun 1st Jul 2012

It's really hard to be superstitious, for instance, I walk down the corridor evry school day and there is a WHOPPING GREAT SIGN saying 'the scottish play' in capital letters, and lots of information about it!!!! I always turn my head while walking down the corridor :shock:
Superstition: It's bad luck to put a hat on a bed (origin ideas needed please:!:
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Mon 2nd Jul 2012

Which corridor is that? I've never noticed it!
Err... is there a website for that?
These aren't superstitions as such, but apparently you can make a wish by:
-seeing three birds on a phone wire
-eating a green m+m
-throwing a coin into a wishing well
-seeing a robin on the first day of spring
-wishing on a star
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Mon 2nd Jul 2012

the french corridor, right beside the top of the up stairs
yup, http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/scary.html
check the a-z section, and go to 'bed'.
Superstition: If you catch a leaf falling from a tree on the last day of Autumn then youwon't get a cold all winter
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Wed 4th Jul 2012

Oh... I HAVE TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'If the Oak comes before the Ash,
You'll only get a splash.

But if the Ash is out before the Oak,
Then you're in for a soak!'
Or something like that... It's supposed to predict the weather in spring. This year, the oak must have come out MONTHS before the Ash, there was a drought!

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Mon 9th Jul 2012

At first, yeah, but did you know that there is currently massive floods all around
Britain?! specially the lake district

Superstition: you shouldn't whistle in a theatre or on a boat. this is beacause in olden times the ropes for the set and the sails were controlled by people, and say you wanted to bring a sail or scenery down, you would whistle a certain tune. So whistle the wrong tune and you might have got a sail or a bit of scene on your head! :lol:
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Tue 10th Jul 2012

Yeah, I know about the floods. I am doing a news report on them!!!
Are there any superstitions about rain?
Happy one month anniversary to this thread! :awesome:

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Thu 12th Jul 2012

I'm a little superstitious about some things, but I barely ever think of them. I can't step on a grave because it's disrespectful, and Mother Nature will probably get you back for it.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Fri 13th Jul 2012

I am not superstitious (I am too rational for that) but I do like the number eight more than seven.
Fear of the Number Thirteen: Triskaidekaphobia. If I've spelt it wrong, I blame my science teacher.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 16th Jul 2012

I'm not superstious (I want to be a physicist when i grow up) except for one thing. I always change clothes at night. I don't have any rreal reason for it, so I assume it's just a weird habit. But it could have started with superstion.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Tue 17th Jul 2012

Hi!
I know it was ages ago, but it was friday the thirteenth a few days ago!!! I think I'm becoming a triska-whatsit!!!
rain superstitions:
If a spider you would slay, expect rain on evry day.
Red sky at night, saliors delight(no rain). Red sky at morning, saliors warning(rain)
If a cat continouasly looks out of the window, rain is coming
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Sat 28th Jul 2012

There's a South African superstition that if you sit under a Jacaranda tree and a blossom falls onto your head, you will pass all your tests and exams. During university, my mum and her friend would do this everyday, waiting for a blossom to fall on their heads.
I dont think it was really superstition as much as it was that they didn't want to attend their lectures!

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Sat 28th Jul 2012

Hi!
This story is based on a supestition, but it's quite intresting anyway.
After Hiroshema, radiation sickness spread all over japan. one girl, about 13, got it and was addmited to hospital. There is an old Japanese superstition that if you make a thousand paper cranes, you get a wish. That's exactly what she did, her wish being that she would live, and that a disaster like that would never happen again. She died at around the three hundedth crane. Then people all over the world started sending in paper cranes, until the thousand was reached.
Superstition:see above.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

artyroxtothecore17m
Dwarf Miner

Post by artyroxtothecore17m » Sat 4th Aug 2012

Hey :) guess what? There was this superstition and it was like If you keep your shoes opposite to each other it can ward of ghosts since the ghost gets confused. There is another one, if you keep mirrors in front of doors, it can ward of ghosts. And I guess you must have heard about the blood Mary thingy.
Umm, don't know what to say.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Mon 6th Aug 2012

Apparently vampires are OCD. Apart from the onions thing, if you leave string in front of your door, they'll sit around for hours untangling it. So if you're terrified of vampires, hang a Gordian knot from your doorhandle!

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Wed 8th Aug 2012

Randomosity wrote:Hi!
This story is based on a supestition, but it's quite intresting anyway.
After Hiroshema, radiation sickness spread all over japan. one girl, about 13, got it and was addmited to hospital. There is an old Japanese superstition that if you make a thousand paper cranes, you get a wish. That's exactly what she did, her wish being that she would live, and that a disaster like that would never happen again. She died at around the three hundedth crane. Then people all over the world started sending in paper cranes, until the thousand was reached.
Superstition:see above.
Her name was Sadako Sasaki and I've read the book about her (I think the name of the book was "Sadako wants to live" but I'm not sure) and I am not sure what the number was, but I think it was bigger than 300.
And they made a statue of her, holding a golden crane.

Cats on the ship tell future :3 There's a book about that.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*