Superstions

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Superstions

Post by Randomosity » Sat 9th Jun 2012

Hi, this is Randomosity
Is anyone out there superstitious? Or would like to share their views on superstitions?
Or introduce some new ones?
I'm quite superstitious. For instance, this is my thirteenth post(eeeeek!), if starting a new topic can be classed as a post.
Please be nice and have a good time!!! :jump:
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Superstions

Post by Cabaline » Sun 10th Jun 2012

I'm not superstitious but my mum is.
She doesn't allow new shoes to be put on the table, even if they're in a box. She goes mental if you open an umbrella indoors. She does the whole salt thing. She has an unlucky t-shirt that she won't wear because she was wearing it the day my brother was in a car accident.

My dad does this thing where you have to 'first foot' the house at new year. Which means that the first person to enter the house, who doesn't live there, has to propose a toast and everyone has to eat a piece of cake. It's meant to bring good luck or something.

But I'm not superstitious myself.

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Sun 10th Jun 2012

Wow! That's quite superstitious. I'm only superstitious about certain things, such as the scottish play( if you don't know what that means, look it up) because I am in an acting group and the night that we did it, the leading actor lost his line, and the prompt was texting, and lost the script. also the number thirteen.
I hope your brother was OK. My dad isn't superstitious, but my mum dosn't want shoes on the table, partielly to superstition and partielly to having to clean mud off the table :)
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 10th Jun 2012

Yeah I know what that play is, I quite like a good bit of Shakespeare from time to time =D
Oh yeah, my brother was ok, he just broke his leg, but that was well over 3 years ago now so he's fine! :L
Ha ha ha, actually, my Gran is coming to stay for a while so I might ask her if she has any superstitions. Coz they say that the most superstitious people are old people, don't they?

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Mon 11th Jun 2012

Hi
Me too, but not if I have to say --------. Yeah, I've heard that before, but I'm pretty sure I'm under around 65, and I'm superstitious.
Old people are probably more superstitious beacause they have lived longer lives, more ladders to be walked under, more tables to have shoes on etc :D
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Tue 12th Jun 2012

Have you seen The Simpsons episode where they go to England and they're at a theatre, and they keep on saying it and loads of bad stuff keeps on happening? :L
Ha ha ha, that's a good point! :lol;

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Wed 13th Jun 2012

Nope, but it sounds hilarious! Then again, the simpsons always are :lol:
Which is better? The Simpsons or futureama?
(NEW SUPERSTITION: On the first day of the month, you are ment to say:white rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 14th Jun 2012

I can't pick, they're both good =)
Apparently when you see a magpie you're meant to say "Hello Mr Magpie, how is Mrs Magpie?" and that's meant to counteract any bad luck brought by the magpie.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 14th Jun 2012

About the first day of the month thing: so far as I know, you're supposed to say 'rabbit' last thing at night on the last day of the month, and you're meant to say 'hare' in the morning.
The only white rabbit I know about (outside of wonderland) is if there's smoke blowing in your eyes, saying white rabbit is meant to change it's direction.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 18th Jun 2012

My mum goes mental if you open an umbrella indoors, she will literally just scream until you put it away.
Oh aren't footballers really superstitious? I've heard about some who put their shoes and socks on in a certain order, and some who have to listen to a certain song before they play. Have any of you heard of this?

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Fri 22nd Jun 2012

Really??? I know musicians do that as well. And some actors. Maybe its a fame thing?

New superstition of the day: In China, having two brooms in the same house is seen as REALLY bad luck. Riots have been started over it!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Fri 22nd Jun 2012

I never leave house/flat (live in both, too lazy to explain HOW) without my necklace. I bought it in Zadar for 25kn (20kn=$3.33 you calculate how much dollars would 25kn be) and I dunno what's so special about it but I just can't leave it ^^ It has a small metal key with a moon and a star on it.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 22nd Jun 2012

I was asking my Mam about this and this is what she said:
"I don't believe in superstions because I see them as when it was early days in the world and people were more vunerable and couldn't keep/make themselves safe. So they made these to make 'em feel good."
I'm scared of the number 4 (I won't say it again now I say this__) for obvious reasons.
Kitty wrote:I never leave house/flat (live in both, too lazy to explain HOW) without my necklace. I bought it in Zadar for 25kn (20kn=$3.33 you calculate how much dollars would 25kn be) and I dunno what's so special about it but I just can't leave it ^^ It has a small metal key with a moon and a star on it.
I got a bracelet which I never leave the house without too. ^_^

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Sat 30th Jun 2012

I don't exactly do it to make myself feel safe, its more of a habit or an obbsession with me. I have saluted to almostevry magpie I have ever seen for about three years now!!!!
Superstition of the day:A loaf of bread shold never be turned upside down after a silce has been cut from it( :?: :?: :?: )
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 30th Jun 2012

My mum would be confused by that one. She makes the bread for our family because my mum, my sister and I all have allergies. But because there's always a delay between beginning the bread and getting it into a bag, we have to turn it upside down!
I quite like the number four, because it's the first number that is definitely not a prime.
More superstitions:
Killing a spider is unlucky (russian)
Don't open an umbrella in the house.
It's lucky to have a ladybird land on you and fly away.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.