Help for fanfic?

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
Thomas Fair
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Help for fanfic?

Post by Thomas Fair » Tue 13th Apr 2010

Like I said in my intro topic, I'm working on a fanfic... but seeing as its mainly based on a dream I had LAST NIGHT (I get alot of ideas from dreams XD), a few things are too similar to the real story. This would be based around the current book but another officer, another setting with little connection to the real series. 'Course, gotta mention a few characters...

The main problem is... female LEP officer, preteen genius criminal, scary bodyguard. See it? If I can't get rid of this rip-off base then I have to make it more unique... I've done some of the kid already - imagine Artemis Fowl with no restrictions, more money and no morals, friends or family. Or information...

I need help. Anyone, someone to hear my ideas as I develop them towards unique to tell me if I'm going in the right direction (could you believe thats how I work XD I get an idea from a dream, find out what I was subconciously copying, then working on it unti its completely my own... and I'm quite good at that).

Don't worry, I'm not some nooby writer. I've been doing it for years. One more year and I may be doing it proffesionally XD

At least I hope. I talk to much.
Grimmlock RP (please join if you like Harry Potter/Narnia-ish fantasy):
https://forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8058

Julissa Holly Fowl
LEP Commander

Re: Help for fanfic?

Post by Julissa Holly Fowl » Tue 13th Apr 2010

(Hey, welcome! I haven't been here for a while. :( )

That sounds interesting! If the idea seems to similar to the AF books to you, here's my suggestion: switch things up a bit! Female genius, male LEP officer, and so on.
However, it's fanfiction! No rules apply to fanfiction, since it's not going to be published. ;)
Good luck with your fic!
AWARENESS+ACTION=IMPACT.

Réaltaí Rince na hÉireann
Irish Dance, always and forever!

http://realtairinceeireann.blogspot.com/