What Do You Want To Do When (Or If!) You Grow Up?

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
Julissa Holly Fowl
LEP Commander

What Do You Want To Do When (Or If!) You Grow Up?

Post by Julissa Holly Fowl » Thu 25th Feb 2010

I've recently changed my mind about what I want to do when I grow up (well, really, the Haiti earthquake changed it for me!): I want to get a degree in nonprofit management and start my own disaster response organization that fills in the gaps that the Red Cross leaves. Don't get me started on the plans, trust me.

What about you?
AWARENESS+ACTION=IMPACT.

Réaltaí Rince na hÉireann
Irish Dance, always and forever!

http://realtairinceeireann.blogspot.com/

cookieninja
LEP Commander

Re: What Do You Want To Do When (Or If!) You Grow Up?

Post by cookieninja » Thu 25th Feb 2010

I am going to first graduate from high School. Then I'm hopefully going to go graduate from a University in Alberta or Western USA, probably Brown. Then, when I'm about 26 (so long away) I'll go to Egypt to study Archeological ruins.

Long story short: Egyptologist/Archeologist
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Thu 25th Feb 2010

Librarian Technician.... Haha, three guesses why.
Ok...
1) Quiet!
2) Books, lots of books!
3) Computers ^_^

Oh, and it won't take me 6 years of study like being a full librarian will. AND its close to the Tafe Uni, so I can take corses in IT :D
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Thu 25th Feb 2010

Well after I graduate highschool I'm going to try to get into MSU were thy have a great vetrenarian program. Then after I have my degree and alli want to open my own animal clinic! (But I sorta want to be an editor too)
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 25th Feb 2010

I want to be...
wait for it, wait for it..
a famous, millionaire dancer like Michael Flatley! XD
Okay, yes, I'm planning on trying to be in Juilliard if I go to college. If not, I'm planning to try to get into Feet of Flames. And if all else fails, I am going to attempt to be an archeologist.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Thu 25th Feb 2010

I wanna do all sorts of stuff on the comp. My main job would prolly be graphic design. My aunt is a graphic designer pro, her own buisness (Maybe I could get her to hire me? Haha ) But I'd also like to do other things like character design (dat be SO kewl) and work on little animations (as if) but I guess in my free time I'd wanna make graphic novels :mrgreen:

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 25th Feb 2010

I want to do the next two years of high school to get as many in school qualifications as I can.
Then go to Uni and get a degree in physics. Then I want to do a degree in teaching.
Then I want to become a secondary school teacher of physics :D

faerimagic
Centaur Genius
Location: Drawing away the whole day...and missing dinner... *stomach growls*

Post by faerimagic » Fri 26th Feb 2010

Ah, there's so much to choose from!
Number 1: Author, and maybe do a little animation. (But that second part will definitley fail. But hey, you never know! XD )
Number 2: Linguist. New languages are so awesome and you can say "Meh ang boun bo" and nobody knows what you are saying! XD
Number 2.5: While I'm a linguist, I'll also try for an English major! Woah, that sounded ironic. o.o
Number 3: Computer/software engineer. Because, come on, COMPUTERS? VIDEO GAMES? They're awesome, and it would be great if you contributed to an awesome game. But that's as a last resort.

Number *: Violinist. I can be THAT any day. But I'd like to try piano too...
ImageImageImageImageImage

In order of appearence is Dreads, Belle, Phalaka, Tamakiko, and Harmonia.
I was bored, so I wrote descriptions for all of them. Just scroll down each of their pages to see their random histories.
Team Holly.

Sig made by the awesome FowlStar. :D

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Fri 26th Feb 2010

Okay nevermind the other post. I've always dreamed of becoming a professional and famous singer, but since those chances are slim, I have two things I mainly want to do.
1. I've seriously started considering being a thearapist. I would like to help people with there problems, and stuff, so that sounds like an ideal job for me. (and I already have clients...when I told my friends they asked when they could make an appointment!)
2. A helicopter pilot. Yes, that is a big leap, from thearapist to helicopter pilot. But, I want to be one in the Armed Services, and defend our country from the air!
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Fri 26th Feb 2010

Well,

For my all-time job, I want to be a libarian but most likely I will be thrown into a medical school and I shall become a vet.

For my secondary job WHICH I WILL NEVER leave, author, and poet, soo.. that's about 10 years in college XD 1-2 years for author (If i'm permitted to go!) and like, 6-8 years for vet >.< Busy aren't i? xD
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

<3PEXnCHIPS
LEPrecon Officer

Post by <3PEXnCHIPS » Fri 26th Feb 2010

1: Author- Yay! Writing!
2: Voice-over preformer- Those are the people who do the voices for cartoon characters
3: Scriptwriter- ... Pretty self-explanatory

As annoying as it is, Bridges helped me find the last two

MuriUmbrielCordeliaN
Centaur Genius

Post by MuriUmbrielCordeliaN » Fri 26th Feb 2010

The list of things I want to be when I grow up has gotten very long over the years, so I'll just name a few:
1.Lawyer
2.Surgeon
3.Forensic Investigator

(Also included on the list are things like Chef and Astronomer and Author, which I think are cool but are probably never going to be...)

^_^ This is Baby Georgie. He haz some leeves.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sun 28th Feb 2010

I want to work in the movies, I'd like to direct, produce, write, design, everything except acting XD I also would want to work in television as well. I got top marks in or school's film class and I'm taking the next level up next year. I also have toyed so to speak with designing stuff animals and dolls, luckily my school also has classes in industrial design things like CADD (that program which you design things on the computer then print them out in 3D!!!) So I could make something in there. I also want to be a writer, but mostly I want to write movies/direct/make movies and/or TV shows.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Meova

Post by Meova » Fri 5th Mar 2010

First, I really want to finish high school and finish my university course of English. I'm aiming to graduate cum laude, just like my IB-teacher xD
Then, I hope I'll have secured a contract at a publisher so I'll be an author. If that fails, I'll either want to be a literary agent, an IB-teacher or an editor for books.
Either way, something with English because I love this language :awesome:
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Fri 5th Mar 2010

Hey K12, how would you like to join me with web design then? :D Everybody I show my image manips (manipulations, sorry about the shorthand) to, or my computer skills think I have a gift... In reality I started off as spooked of computers as I was illiterate for two years before I started to learn. *sleepish giggle*

I wanna be a coder as much as a librarian, or maybie work with soundtracks. My music teacher thought I was rather good with that stuff... But my drawing isn't good enough for designing for charies (characters); but then again I did say I was good with manips, meaning I could work with the colour codes possibly. But everybody looks at me odd when I start babbling about glitches... Sorry, can't help but spot 'em.

Gee I sound like a freekish geek sometimes.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.