Is this normal???

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
CCG
Dwarf Miner

Re: Is this normal???

Post by CCG » Sat 19th Dec 2009

In England, it's sadly very common for teens and younger to get drunk. I'm 14, and many of the people in my year do. But it's a stupid idea, really- being drunk means losing your inhibitions, awareness and you may get into dangerous situations. And it doesn't matter if it's 'normal,' it's just a bad idea all round.

I agree with ShortRebel- drinking very small amounts when you're under the legal age is ok, but being drunk is definately not.

Sorry if I came across as preachy, but it's really not a good idea.

Wednesday
Gnome

Post by Wednesday » Thu 11th Mar 2010

i don't know if its normal. i drink off and on, never too much. the good thing is the most at one time,that i remember(not cuz i got drunk) was i shared a little over half a wine cooler with my mom. usually, i drink only to taste and i don't keep it a secret.
Proud geek. And outcast.

dumdiddlydum
Dwarf Thief

Post by dumdiddlydum » Wed 14th Apr 2010

how you do it, no but a little is ok and perfectly normal, i do it all the time

drunk= bad

drinking= good in moderation
got it?
GothicLollipop made my siggie. Jealous much?
Don't worry Elmo! I haven't deserted you!
Barney's my friend too!
TEAM HOLLY

artemisfowlexpert1
Dwarf Thief

Post by artemisfowlexpert1 » Fri 23rd Apr 2010

technically, no. its not normal. and if you were my friend i'd slap you. just saying.
<3 Psalm 23 <3Image
DANCER SWAG
My weapon is my BODY, my element is WATER, my world is SWIMMING.
"Real revenge, is making something of yourself."- Gerard Way
Long live the ROMANCE

Alias
Dwarf Miner

Post by Alias » Sun 23rd May 2010

Consider this, a little something called integrity. If you are asking us, why don't you ask your parents. I know nothing about you, but i do know one thing, that you have brought yourself into this situation. Now, consider this, would you do this in front of your parents? Would you do this in front of anybody without getting embarassed. Are you doing this without fear of getting in trouble. Consider this, and decide whether in your mind if this normal or not
"Interesting....so it is true. Dragunuvs are killers.Good ones to."
I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
I see a line of cars and theyre all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens evry day
I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then Ill fade away and not have to face the facts
Its not easy facin up when your whole world is black
No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you.....
Really, I can't

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Sun 21st Nov 2010

I think, living in England, and a town where at the end of my road there are two pubs at either end of the road facing eachother, and that my grandma OWNS a pub, I will probably drink at some point in my life, however I have been told that it is not good to drink until you are 'mortal' drunk, it's not good, dulls your sences and gives you a massive hang over.

I think that you should definitly abide by the law there, because your body is not physically able to take vast amouts of chemicals such as alcohol and if you persist, depending on how much you can take, but I can tell you, the variation is not that large, your body will give up.

It will probably be impossible for you to just STOP but you can try to tone it down a little *coughlotcough*
Fairies. Something about... Fairies...

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Mon 22nd Nov 2010

I think a little bit is fine. My dad let me taste beer when I was ten or something. He dipped a chopstick in it and I licked the chopstick. (Bubbly, but not nice)

I've tasted some alcohol before, like beer and wine and such, but never more than a really tiny cup - let's say, maybe about as much (little?) as a spoonful each time.

Two times? It's probably okay. But, just saying, don't drink so much anymore. It's seriously not good, okay? Being drunk is not fun. It doesn't look good and after the initial rush, neither does it feel good.

But I assume you know that.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

Otto
Mud-Man

Post by Otto » Sat 14th May 2011

Depends on where you live. In Europe I think it's normal. In my country (USA) it gets you labeled as a delinquent and sent to rehab. It will probably kill whoever takes care of you. So I suggest stopping. It also gets you involved with the wrong crowd. So bottom line...

STOP DRINKING!

Hold of on the smilies and exclaim points, please
GL
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/qfhBG]

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 25th Jul 2011

Sorry if this sounds mean, but man if you do that you have alot of problems in you life man. I'm just saying.
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Wed 27th Jul 2011

It's normal where I live. I think it's ridiculous because we just had an underage drinking related car accident, two teens died, the driver went to prison. I probably would never drink underage, and I'll probably stay away from it for a while after that because my dad and my grandpa were (were, my grandpa is dead and my dad is sober) alchoulaics, and my great grandpa was before them so, i'd be likely to easily become one too, and I don't want to go down that road. So yeah, it's normal, but it's a bad idea.
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

evilgenius
Dwarf Thief

Post by evilgenius » Sat 30th Jul 2011

it's normal alright i'm 14 and i know some kids in my class who do drugs (idiots)
and mostly everyone drinks,heavily (again idiots) it's normal but it's not healthy i know this kid who almost died from alchohol poisoning. my advice is to stop before you get addicted unless of course you want to die at age 40.you may say it's fun but there are other ways to have fun without risking your health . it would be okay if you drink responsibly but as your aim is to get drunk i don't think it's okay . and yeah stop drinking right now or there will be consequences

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Sun 31st Jul 2011

The people above me have all made excellent points. All points you should listen to. I suggest you educate yourself on the influences of excessive alcohol usage... among teens, and adults.

Here are some helpful websites you might want to visit:

Alcoholics Anonymous
Alcoholism
Above the Influence
Alcoholism: Symptoms

I suggest you analyze your life, find things worth staying sober for, draw up a list of pros and cons, and imagine your life ahead, with and without alcohol, and then choose to stay sober, or not.

I really hope you choose to become sober, and stop getting drunk.
i write because you exist.