VENT HERE!!!

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Re: VENT HERE!!!

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 7th May 2020

Despite my cheery facade, there's this dark anger that lurks. Generally, it's tucked away and forgotten, channeled into harmless outlets, like video games. Even then, I kind of feel like I try to be a nice guy there, not murdering innocent civilians in the droves.
Lately though, the anger has been flaring. And I don't like it.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Percy Jackson(sorry)
Gnome

Post by Percy Jackson(sorry) » Thu 14th May 2020

I really do have depression. I mean, if everything, everything went anyway, it would be exactly the same. I don't care about anything. Nothing matters. There's a voice, telling mew to isolate myself, never talk to anyone, or ask fof help. And slowly, it's working. I'm losing feeling. I an't feel truley happy anymore. More like a sad glimpse of what happy should be. Just angry and sad.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Thu 14th May 2020

Percy Jackson(sorry) wrote:
Thu 14th May 2020
I really do have depression. I mean, if everything, everything went anyway, it would be exactly the same. I don't care about anything. Nothing matters. There's a voice, telling mew to isolate myself, never talk to anyone, or ask fof help. And slowly, it's working. I'm losing feeling. I an't feel truley happy anymore. More like a sad glimpse of what happy should be. Just angry and sad.
Reach out and tell someone! I was feeling like you described for ages and wouldn't get help. It was awful. But it wasn't until I went to the doctor and cried my eyes out trying to describe how I felt that things changed. She was able to help me, and get me other help. And I look back on it as it being one of the best things that I have ever done, and I will never ever stop encouraging people to do it for themselves. It's hard but it's worth it, really <3
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Post by Duck With No Name » Fri 22nd May 2020

I really need to get my motivation back somehow.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Sat 23rd May 2020

Today is being difficult.
Yesterday I managed to go out and do what I needed to, which was kind of a bunch of stuff, but it absolutely exhausted me to my core. Like I wanted to have a nice long relaxing bath, but I was so tired at 7pm that my head was starting to hurt and I ended up falling asleep on the sofa.
I did not sleep very well last night at all and I am so lethargic today. I forced myself to go on my bike and I managed 20km but it was such a struggle to get there mentally. I wanted to do my hair, double wash it, deep condition it and everything, but I ended up just having a quick shower to get rid of my workout sweat and try to feel refreshed. I ended up just putting my hair in a shower cap so I didn't have to deal with it. I've got food in the oven and I already feel myself yawning and getting tired and it's only 5pm. I don't know why I'm so exhausted.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 26th May 2020

This isn't necessarily an angry rant, but it does constitute as a rant of sorts that needs to be vented.

So. Stories. Mine.

I'm kind of trying to find a place to post them, a place where maaaybe I could net a some sort of ad revenue. Hey, why not, right? Just....seems like no one wants stories. And if they do, they have to follow a strict guideline of having this and not having that.

What happened to the "creative" in creative writing? Has writing what makes you happy gone out of style that much? I quote Kurt Vonnegut a lot, particularly his line, "Write to please one person" Try to write/please too many and your story is going to get sick and die. It'll be twisted into something you never wanted.

For example, I'm reading the restriction guidelines on one of these submission sites (Clarkesworld or something) and it says "No talking cats, no puns" Like my dude, I live for my puns and alliterations. I'm not saying my Joey and Quacksalot stories are the greatest thing, but I will say the people I've shared them with have enjoyed them.

Another restriction was, "stories about young kids playing in some field and discovering ANYTHING. (a body, an alien craft, Excalibur, ANYTHING)."

First off, Goosebumps, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Animorphs, Michigan/American Chillers and literally any children's book series can argue this.

Oh, the target audience you say?

May I present Stephen King's Stand By Me? A story where a group of kids find a dead body. Book and a movie.

Honestly, how narrow minded can you be? This list smacks of some dude that hates any shred of creativity and instead would prefer a stack of cookie cutter stories that copy paste the same boring plot of an over the top technical thesis about watching paint dry.

Alright, I've wasted enough time on this balivernes, I have an episode of Vikings to finish. Adios.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 26th May 2020

^ Have you ever thought about Patreon? It might be a little harder to get a following there, but you can certainly post what you want. And you can always build up a little following on a blog somewhere and link people to where they can subscribe/donate. Good luck, regardless. It's a tough environment
ImageImage

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 27th May 2020

^I've considered it, still sort of am. Actually, I had an idea for a Youtube thing, where I'd post the story with an oral rendition and possibly a drawing...but I'm a terrible artist :lol:

~~

I don't get me sometimes. I said I shouldn't, that I didn't want to...yet somehow I wound up doing it none the less. Need I remind you the last time you had this exact thought process?
And it's even worse as now everyone will bring it up and possibly foul things further.
Do I admit to wrongdoing? Did I technically even do wrong? I feel like I did. Yet....how can I have done wrong when we're not...
I'm disappointed in myself.
I'll be even more disappointed if it means I've lost any chance.
Or what if I'm repeating myself? So focused about the other that maybe I should just stick with what I have...or could have.
I wouldn't be happy though. Not if I thought there was a chance left. Aphrodite knows.
I guess just play it by ear for now.
If or when it comes down to it, I will openly admit to my moment of weakness and...and you know? If the price is that, then perhaps it wasn't worth the worry in the first place.

~~

Okay, so I swear this is a good squee, but

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSOFREAKINGEXCITEDHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*scoops Roxanne up and carousels around*

Fill-In: You do realize there's a happy vent thread? This is the angry vent thread.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트