VENT HERE!!!

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: VENT HERE!!!

Post by Cabaline » Fri 5th Dec 2008

I'm still pretty pissed about something that happened almost 2 months ago.

In october we had a 2 week holiday, we got given tonnes of homework! One of the weeks was already out for me because that was my bros wedding and I couldn't do homework what with all of the wedding preperation and rehersals. THis means that I had 7 days to do all of this:

A 4 page history essay
4 physics practice tests (all at credit level :shock: )
2 pages of maths
20 French verbs + english translations
A HE exam to revise for
A Chemistry exam to revise for
A 1 page English review

And I had to fit in eating, sleeping and relaxing!!

What is most amazing is I did all of it except the english. I thought that my teacher would be understanding once I explained the situation, but guess what- she wasn't!
She said this:
"Well that is your fault for not organizing your time better. You shouldn't prioritize other homework and you shouldn't priorutize things that aren't even school related (meaning my bros wedding!!) I don't believe that you didn't have enough time to do it, you had plenty of time. I can't stand people who don't bother themselves to do their homework"

I got really angry, I managed to keep my temper under control but I felt like shouting
"Excuse me??? You say that I shouldn't prioritize my homework, if I didn't I'd get nothing done!! I managed to cram 2 weeks of homework into about 5 days when you consider eating, sleeping and taking study breaks, yet that is still not good enough for you. You think that your subject is the best and most important in the school, well its not!! And don't you even dare say to me- you jumped up cow- that your ******* poxy english crap was more important than my own brothers wedding because I'll tell you something- if you think that writing a page about some book I hate is more important than welcoming someone to our family, letting my brother know that we approve of his decision and showing our support for the bride and groom, then you obviously have no life, and no-one to love you. So you can stick this ******* english **** up your ******* ***!!!"

Tht is how mad I was. Did you know that she has tried to commit suicide before? I don't think that they should let someone that mentally unstable teach and work with children. I hate her! It was pretty obvious that she hated me from day one!

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 5th Dec 2008

Now I'm ticked off at Cab's English teacher, too!!! I mean seriously, if MY bro was getting married and I wasn't homeschooled and my English teacher did that, then I would not be able to hold in that very long shout that she was ... grrrrr.....
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Cabaline

Yeah, I hate her!! Her head is so far up her own **** that I'm surprised she can't see her own lungs!!! She always looks down her nose at me, I hate it!!

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 5th Dec 2008

Why don't you tell your principal? If she does that, she shouldn't be allowed to teach at your school.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Cabaline

Our headmaster is temporarily off work due to stress/depression. I don't want to make a big deal of it, I'll just have to bide my time.

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Mon 8th Dec 2008

TELL SOMEONE! I HATE HER AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HER! I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT HER!! GRAWWR! now. time for angry words about my english teacher.

I HATE HER! SHE GIVES US TONS OF HOMEWORK AND PROJECTS DUE THE NEXT DAY! SHE SAYS THERE'LL BE BIG TROUBLE IF IT'S NOT IN! THEN I ALWAYS PANIC BECAUSE IT'S NOT DONE, AND I STAY UP UNTIL FRIGGIN TWO AM IF YOU DON'T MIND, WORKING ON IT! THEN NEXT MORNING, I ARRIVE AT SCHOOL AND GIVE IT TO HER! THEN SHES LIKE; "OH! DON'T GIVE IT TO ME NOW! I TOLD YOU ITS DUE TOMMOROW!" AND ITS NOT! MEANWHILE THE REST OF THE CLASS IS THINKING THE SAME THING BUT THEY'RE GRATEFULL COS THEIRS ISN'T DONE!!
GRAAAWWWR!

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Thu 11th Dec 2008

I'm very lucky then. My teacher was a good teacher. I say was because the school year has finished in Queensland for another year and I'm going to High School next year.

Which brings me to a venting topic. I am not annoyed. I am upset. Almost all of my friends are going to State High while I go to (with-held). But then again I can't vent that much on this topic because I'm kind of happy I am moving on, and I'm glad I'll 'keep in touch' with them.

GO CABOOSE!
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!
COZ EVERYONE KNOWS TUCKER DID IT!
CABOOSE: SCORE: -1.

[insert zeeky boogy doog here]

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sat 13th Dec 2008

For some reason, I get the feeling no one is listening to me, ever. It seems like every time I try to explain something to my friends, they jump straight to disagreeing with me, mid-sentence, without letting me talk. It's getting kind of annoying. I was trying to make the point that Star Wars (Sci-fi/Fantasy) was too different from Doctor Who (Straight Sci-fi) to compare the two, too different to say one is better than the other.

So I start out that Star Wars is closer to fantasy than Doctor Who, because while Star Wars has all the technology and aliens, the story isn't about them and how they work, it's about the people and the force and the conflict, the technology is just an added bonus. Before I could even get this out, one of them says "Star Wars isn't about technology?! There are lightsabers and--" and I interrupt him, saying "Is the movie about the lightsabers, or is it about the people using them?" He says "The movie is about the lightsabers." He knows this isn't true, but he says it is because for some reason everyone is obsessed with never admitting that I'm right. No one can ever go along with something for the sake of argument to listen to my reasoning. People have their little preconceived notions about things and won't listen to anyone's opposing ideas, no matter what. The problem isn't even entirely that, it's that they wouldn't even let my idea get out before they decided I was wrong. The point I was trying to make was "Star Wars and Doctor who are too different of things to compare," but they had already decided I was wrong before I got the idea out.

And this happens all the time. I try to make a point and people get mad that in my reasoning, I'm challenging opinions they didn't have until I came up with an opposing one. It's like people only choose their opinions based on what I don't want. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of trying to explain my point and other people interrupting me to tell me it's wrong, assuming they know what it is, usually getting that assumption wrong. My friends, and even casual acquaintances do this constantly. Things that they didn't care about before they're suddenly vehemently against the second I say I'm for it.

And if I find something that's racist and point it out, I'm "Turning the issue racist." Like saying two characters are the same because they're black? Racist, but the fact that no one else seems to think so means that I'm making it racist.

And I hate when people are moody. I hate when someone lets the littlest thing someone says or does get them super upset, going, sitting down, being emo, and saying things very softly and quietly, not because they're really upset, but because they want to make sure you know they're upset. And I hate that these same people who are so touchy about every little thing you say are the same people who have no consideration whatsoever for the feelings of others. Let's give a hypothetical situation. Let's say one guy (let's call him Tony) supported Obama. Tony's friend (let's call him Mickey) supported McCain. Mickey wasn't hesitant to make fun of Obama, he was never hesitant to use racial slurs to describe him, generally being a jerk to anyone who supported Obama, and got a huge sense of superiority over any such person. Imagine that Mickey never considered that while the Black people around him might not take him seriously about the racial slurs, that Tony was still offended about them. Imagine that Mickey never took Tony's opinions into consideration. Imagine that when Tony got into a political debate about Obama and McCain, he listened to both sides, took other people's talking points into consideration, and was generally gracious about it to people who were gracious about it to him. Imagine that Mickey didn't grant anyone any such luxury. Mickey would just say that they were wrong, and spout out the same lies about Obama for shock value (He's a muslim/communist/terrorist who'll raise your taxes and kill your babies.) Mickey wouldn't listen to anyone with evidence contradicting those points, but would just rephrase the lie and still claim everyone else is wrong.

Now imagine the election happened. Tony is happy, elated even. Mickey is understandably upset. Keeping in mind that Tony and Mickey are good friends, all their friends tell Tony not to mention the election around Mickey because he's upset about it. Everyone says that they don't want Tony hurting Mickey's feelings.

Tony, of course, tries to be gracious at first, but then he realizes how God-Awful Mickey was about it, not taking anyone else's feelings into consideration before calling Obama awful names, or claiming that he killed babies in his free time.

Now, the polite thing to do is for Tony to be gracious about the election, wearing his Obama hoodie quietly and knowing in his heart that he picked the winner.

Then he remembered that Mickey never did the polite thing before the election. Screw Mickey's feelings. Screw Mickey. Tony is allowed to be just as bad as Mickey was. Tony, however, found a happy compromise. He talked about the election all he wanted in front of Mickey, and when Mickey said "Can we please not talk about this?" Tony kept going, without being boastful, but knowing that he could talk about it all he wanted.

That's what I can't stand. When people invent hypocritical double standards that apply to others but not to them. "I'm allowed to say whatever I want to offend you and you can't even react to it, but if you even imply there's something wrong with me, I'm allowed to be moody."

Oh, and when people aren't helpful. When one person is so insistent upon their own problems that everyone has to drop everything when they have an issue, but when someone else asks them for help, they make a tasteless joke (Still Mickey) about the problem. "I can't get a girlfriend" yields "Maybe you're gay" when it should yield "I'm sorry, maybe if you tried (technique)."

It's funny how much during this post that I realized how I wasn't really talking about a large group of people, or even people in the plural.

Meova

Post by Meova » Sun 14th Dec 2008

I'm pretty pissed at myself, but since I don't want to bother (or alarm) anyone with it, this is all you'll get from me. I usually vent to myself, or I write something, or I... Yeah... Not telling you. Sorry.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

artymon

Post by artymon » Sun 14th Dec 2008

I happen to not posses such trivial things, like emotions, so I don't really need to vent. Except on occasion. DIE HITLER! Stalin? I love that quote, "Death is the solution to all problems. No man, no problem." But I still think you should GO TO BRIGHT!
DIE VERIZON WIRELESS FOR MAKING JUNKY PHONES!
Okay, I'm done, back to ranting in my head.

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Sun 14th Dec 2008

NONE OF MY FRIENDS LISTEN TO ME! WHEN IM TALKING THEY ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO INTERRUPT OR TALK OVER ME! IT ANGERS ME!

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Sun 14th Dec 2008

I HATE PEOPLE THAT USE TANKS!!! THEY KILL YOU TEN THOUSAND TIME AND TEN WHEN YOU KILL THEM WITH A PISTOL AND SKILLAGE, THEY'RE LIKE, "YOU FR!CK!N' NOOB!

TO NOOBS: SO YOU LOST! DEAL WITH IT, TANKERS!

I'm done. *runs happily through corn field*
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!
COZ EVERYONE KNOWS TUCKER DID IT!
CABOOSE: SCORE: -1.

[insert zeeky boogy doog here]

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Mon 15th Dec 2008

Robyn is a stupid idiot! shes so selfish! And she can't take a joke, but then she can't understand why we're angry when she paints our school shirts green in art! (true story!)

GRAAAWR! IM SO ANGRY!

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Wed 24th Dec 2008

Ok, so... VENT TIME!

Alright, I have to do ALL the Christmas cooking! (and with a Christmas party with 36 People coming to our house!!)

I am feeling confused 'bout my religion! Grrr... :?

We are currently living with a family that HATES all eletronics! Their kids arent allowed to watch ANYTHING! AHHHH!!! Their 12 yr old Follows me around and wants to "play" with me! Which would be ok if she didnt act like a 7 yr old!

My mom is threatening to ban me from this site if I dont "play" with her!

OK, its dinner time, I will continue later!

artymon

Post by artymon » Wed 24th Dec 2008

The Doctor is in....
Alright, I have to do ALL the Christmas cooking!

POISON IT!!!
K12's mom: Kierisa, why aren't you eating?
K12: Uh...no reason? *does puppy eyes*
K12's mom: Okay.
We are currently living with a family that HATES all eletronics!

Are these those Amish people who spent a week with you before?
K12: Hey, [insert name of person here] wanna play on this? *points at computer*
Unknown person K12 is conversing with: Uh...isn't that an electronic device? *gets hammer out of no where*
K12: Ha! Uh...no, you're crazy! It's uh...a...uh...magic box...yeah...
(I heard a joke about Amish people...)
Their 12 yr old Follows me around and wants to "play" with me!

Invite them into a game of hide and seek, have them hide, but don't go looking for them.
Okay, who else does Dr. Von Beck have to deal with?
Note: ALBRECHT VON BECK III IS NOT A LICENSED PSYCHIATRIST AND IS NOT QUALIFIED TO GIVE ADIVCE, NOR IS IT ADVISABLE TO TAKE ANY HE MAY GIVE YOU
----the lawyers of Artymon