Your Other Fandoms

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Your Other Fandoms

Post by Cabaline » Wed 7th Jun 2017

MichaelM wrote:
Cabaline wrote:So I watched Buffy. All seasons. Omfg. Love it! I think I cried all of the way through the finale :lol: (Also I know that somewhere MM's ears are burning ;) )
Hahaha, as someone that is never here anymore, I love that this is the first message I've seen in ages! Excellent choice!! :lol:

I started re-watching it again recently too. I want to say that makes it "timeless," but I think it just means I'm never gonna change :buffy: :wub:
Omfg I also have not logged in, in a long time and seeing this post absolutely cracked me up :lol: Hahah Michael, it absolutely is timeless ;)

I've started watching Parks and Rec thanks to my bf. It's so funny and I appreciate Chris Pratt waaay more now ;)
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Fri 6th Mar 2020

I've managed to get my wife interested in the Disney Fairies franchise as well. We're in the process of collecting all the chapter books, and we read them to each other before going to bed. <3

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 8th Mar 2020

In the past few years I've gotten really into the A Song of Ice and Fire series, by GRR Martin. The books. I love all the complex plots, and the way he writes imagery.
I love thinking about all the subtle hints he is weaving and how they might be connected, I have lots of theories!
The tv show, not so much. I loved it at the start and then it went downhill very very quickly and I don't even want to talk about that last season :?
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 9th Mar 2020

^ Hard same. I dropped the show midway through season 4, it's so frustrating that so many people who make screen adaptations think they can do better than source material that's already so good! Fingers crossed that Winds will be out this year; I hear he's hinted that it will be (but he's done that before, so)

We should talk about book theories sometime though!!

Currently my main fan-related love is Critical Role :) It's a ton of material to get through, but it's so worth it. The storytelling is so good that you'd never be able to tell it's improvised.
ImageImage

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 9th Mar 2020

^Never read any of them, but I saw the author GRR Martin being interviewed with Stephen King and found him to be amusing and utterly respect him for how he takes his time and writes methodically.

....because that's how I am, hah.

Current shows: Supernatural (watching older ones and the final season), The Morning Show (a drama that basically parallels Matt Lauer and the Today show), Dexter (again, rewatching last two seasons...even though they're not the best).

Current book is Call of the Wild.

Current comics are all my Spidey mags. Still about a month behind....
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 9th Mar 2020

Battery wrote:
Mon 9th Mar 2020
^ Hard same. I dropped the show midway through season 4, it's so frustrating that so many people who make screen adaptations think they can do better than source material that's already so good! Fingers crossed that Winds will be out this year; I hear he's hinted that it will be (but he's done that before, so)

We should talk about book theories sometime though!!

Currently my main fan-related love is Critical Role :) It's a ton of material to get through, but it's so worth it. The storytelling is so good that you'd never be able to tell it's improvised.
I watch A LOT of Preston Jacob's videos and I feel like everything he puts forward is supported by the text (but maybe I'm just easily won over). I love his analysis of the Winds sample chapters too.

I've been thinking about getting into Critical Role, because I love Heroes and Halfwits, but I'm worried that the personalities won't be what I'm expecting.
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 10th Mar 2020

^ Wait, Cab, are you into Achievement Hunter? :D I got into CR because of H&H! What kinds of things are you expecting from their personalities? :) They're definitely more serious than AH, but the story and the characters are a lot stronger imo
ImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Tue 10th Mar 2020

I am very very into AH! I started out with Rage Quit back in 2012 and I've been watching most of their stuff ever since. H&H is one of my fav things, it was just so funny! :lol:
Yeah see that's the thing I liked about H&H, the fact that they didn't take it super seriously and could be goofy with it, and the way that Frank is so great about just rolling with it and letting them do the stupidest shit. The story and characters matter less than the dynamic and tone for me.
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Wed 11th Mar 2020

Okay, well that's cool :) CR definitely has its silly moments (Matt is also great about letting them do pretty much whatever they want, within reason), but also 100% makes you cry sometimes. I can definitely see not being super into that

Achievement Hunter though!! I got into them through Rage Quit too! I was actually going to go see their live show this month, before it got cancelled :( Their Gmod videos have been so great, I love that they made it a regular series :D
ImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Wed 11th Mar 2020

Hmmmm, I'll add it to the list of things I need to check out some time :D

Oh wow, I love it when they get Geoff or Alfredo to play a spooky game! But omg Play Pals regularly makes my day! I still go back and watch old ones sometimes hahah. They are so creative too, it's great. :awesome:
Image Image

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Fri 27th Mar 2020

Currently really into the tv show Humans, it's so good. Though I'm at the point where I'm getting tired of the drama and just want the characters to be happy.

I also re-watched Merlin after 6 years, which was a mistake, got right back into it again!

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Fri 3rd Apr 2020

The Magnus Archives

I am waist-deep in this fandom. I started following the podcast in the hiatus between season four and five, and listened to all 160 episodes twice before the fifth season started airing

Speaking of, season five started yesterday and I was losing my mind. Following a horror/drama podcast as episodes air is a very different experience to consuming years' worth of content in a matter of weeks.
just your not-so-local english major
and video game development minor