Twilight!!!!! bella/edward-bella/jacob?

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Twilight!!!!! bella/edward-bella/jacob?

Post by BlackOpal » Sun 26th Oct 2008

OMG Jake/Seth totally beats Eddie/Seth. I mean, come on...
And Emmet/Eddie beats Jake/Eddie any day. :P
Jake/Rosalie would be fun...
OMG Emmett/Jasper/Eddie/Carlisle.
*giggles insanely*

Crack ships are FTW too.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Tue 28th Oct 2008

No, not-really-werewolf/sparkly-vampire totally beats not-really-werewolf/not-really-werewolf.

Jake just deserves someone cooler than Eddie.
Jake/Carlisle? Me likey. :D
How about, ummm....hm.
zomg. Eddie/James! Yay!

Totally, Opal. :D
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 28th Oct 2008

carino wrote:No, not-really-werewolf/sparkly-vampire totally beats not-really-werewolf/not-really-werewolf.

Maybe in general, but for those ships... I just don't see Jake/Edward, because Jake has so much personality, and Edward...
Well, he sucks at life.
Seth/Jasper?
Carlisle/GrownNessie? (It's not like that is much different than Edward/Bella or Jake/Nessie).
Nessie/Loch Ness Monster? Ahaha. I'm going to start shipping that religiously.
Edward/James! Woot!
On that note, Aro/Edward? XD

We're scarring the regular fangirls for life!
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 28th Oct 2008

[quote="BlackOpal]Jake/Rosalie would be fun...[/quote]

Haha, I can totally see that in my head! XD
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Thu 30th Oct 2008

How 'bout Caius/Eddie? XD
I like Carlisle/Nessie. :D
And Nessie/LochNessMonster.

We are.
Oh well!

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Post by Soulcatcher » Sat 1st Nov 2008

How come I only just noticed this thread????

I love these books! I know that really they're total trash but I love them anyway, and I've got my friend and her mum hooked on them too which is quite funny. I've only read up to the end of Eclipse though, 'cos I'm waiting to buy Breaking Dawn in paperback so it matches the rest of the books. I'm geeky that way.

Anyway, all through the series I've been Bella/Edward (I <3 Edward) but by the end of Eclipse I have to say I quite love Jacob too, and Bella's starting to annoy me. I mean, in the first book she was very certain and determined, and I really liked her. I could relate to her and her quirkiness. But over the course of New Moon and Eclipse she has, in my opinion become more and more like a stereotypical, fluffy two-hot-guys-are-in-love-with-me-oh-woe-is-me-what-do-I-do? heroine. Which irritated me. Not to mention - who, in their right mind, would reject a marriage proposal from Edward freaking Cullen???

But that's just my opinion.

What do you guys think of the casting of Kristen Stewart as Bella in the movie? I have to say, I'll try and reserve judgement til I see her in the role, but I'm not predisposed to be happy. I was discussing this with my friend and we agreed that she's just not right somehow ... I mean, physically she's not at all how I pictured Bella, she's too pointy, if that makes sense, but from other things I've seen her in I just cannot see her acting Bella.

Oh, and have any of you see the trailer on Stephenie Meyer's website? I can tell already I'm going to be sat in the cinema hissing, "They have ruined the book!" For me anyway.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Mon 3rd Nov 2008

^I have to disagree with the comment about Kristen Stewart. She's exactly how I imagined Bella. But I DO agree on the comment; "- who in their right mind would reject a marriage proposal from Edward freaking Cullen?" I agree with that exactly. Just don't let my mom hear that.... Or my dad. Ooooooh, please don't let my dad hear that *anguished face*

Anyways, on a lighter note, I am glad Bella chose Edward over Jacob. If she went with Jacob, it'd be the Leah and Sam thing all over again- Jake imprints, Bella's heartbroken.
Plus, who in their right mind would choose Jake over Ed? No offense to Jake-- but from the description in the books, Edward is nice, doesn't want to be an "evil monster", and is beautiful and godlike... Who WOULDN'T refuse Jake to him? Once again, no offense Jake... but Ed's... well, you know. It'd be hard to win a girl over if it was Edward vs. Jacob for her. XD
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Meova

Post by Meova » Mon 3rd Nov 2008

Well, I definitely would've picked Jacob. But that's my personal favorite anyway. He's just not perfect. That's his biggest thing. Edward's too damn perfect.
ImageImageImageImage

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Mon 3rd Nov 2008

But since he IS too damn perfect, that's why I like him. XD
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Fri 7th Nov 2008

A comment on the imprinting thing.

If Bella and Edward had never gotten married, there would have been no Renesmee and Jake wouldn't have imprinted. Ergo, he and Bella could have been happy together.

Meova

Post by Meova » Fri 7th Nov 2008

But, SMeyer gave the perfect answer to why Jacob couldn't stop loving Bella. Renesmee was always a part of her. (us girls are born with thousands of egg cells, if I'm correct) So yeah, they would've been happy, and Jacob would never have imprinted probably.

Oh yeah, I made a story (songstory, actually) about Jacob. It's kind of a sequel to BD. I'll get it up once Opal beta'd it, ok?
ImageImageImageImage

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sat 3rd Jul 2010

I've given the Twilight series chance after chance to impress me. I read half of the first book, and it wasn't for me. So I tried to watch the first movie, and had to stop about halfway through. It didn't impress me enough to warrant a finishing. I tried to watch the second movie tonight, and when the DVD stopped working half an hour before the end, I decided that this had to be divine intervention, God trying to save me from what has to be the most boring movie I've ever seen.

Don't think I'm trolling. A dissenting opinion is not trolling. Quite contrary, a free expression of dissenting opinions is what makes a forum a forum.

I sort of understand the appeal for ladies and homosexual men. Not because Twilight isn't "manly" enough for straight men, but the whole series seems to be a vehicle for a fantasy of a perfect man. A man who cares maybe a little too much, who doesn't want to hurt his girlfriend, and who won't have sex with her for fear he'll hurt her (hooray for metaphors). The problem with this is that heterosexual men do not fantasize about the perfect man, and so such a fantasy would hold no appeal for them. People who don't one day hope to find the perfect man for a romantic relationship have no reason for such a book.

As for the writing, I understand that Stephanie Meyer has a degree in English, which is more than I can say about myself, but you need more than training to write a book. A writer also needs some natural talent, which she is clearly lacking. I could understand if "twilight" and all related content were stacked in the romance section of Barnes and Noble where they belong (with the other pedestrian pulp romance novels), but to have them share a shelf with Bram Stoker and Anne Rice is absolutely disgraceful.

They have no literary significance, they are merely an escapist fantasy.

Silversong
LEPretrieval Team Member
Location: Sneaking behind my prey, teeth sharp, ready for the kill.

Post by Silversong » Sat 3rd Jul 2010

How dare you shame the name of the Whiskers family with your Twilight hating,P5YCHICH!

Alright, ranting's over. Well, not all of it...

TEAMJACOBTEAMJACOBTEAMJACOBTEAMJACOBTEAMJACOBTEAMJACOB!!!!!!!

You know I had to choose Jacob. Vampires are werewolves' natural enemy. And (admit it, B/E fans,) HE'S FREAKING HOT! Who wants a man who sparkles? Anyway, When Edward left her to, 'find a new life', who was there? Not Edward, not Mike, but Jacob. Jacob made her a dreamcatcher, Jacob made her a bracelet. And what does he get? Zip. Notta. Nothing. When Edward comes back, Bella's affection for Jacob vanishes into thin air. That's not fair, is it? On a different note, my mind is now scared for life at the idea of Carlisle/Jacob. The worse part is that would be a good slash fic.
But Older Nessie/Jacob could be cute. I have to get on that...
An Upside-Down Reverse RA INBOW
While you are still SINGING
A MELODY, only for you.
Makes the WORLD go swinging...

Team Holly!

Thank you to FS for the lovely avvie!
Thank you to CC for the avvie that became a siggie :3.
And thanks for Bobo's and FS's siggies that I didn't use but are saved in my hardrive for future use :3
The song in the beginning is Reverse Rainbow, by Kagamine Rin and Hatsune Miku.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sun 4th Jul 2010

Silversong wrote:How dare you shame the name of the Whiskers family with your Twilight hating,P5YCHICH!

Vampires are werewolves' natural enemy.
I have every right to hate twilight. The writing is mediocre at best, the story tries too hard, and it takes everything good about vampires and gets rid of it for the sake of creating a romantic teen fantasy.

And vampires are NOT werewolves' natural enemy. That's just silly. Werewolves and vampires rarely appeared together in literature or folklore. In fact, in most (real) vampire literature, vampires have the ability to turn into and command wolves. There's no precedent to speak of where vampires have had any animosity towards werewolves before twilight. It's absolutely ludicrous to say the two are natural enemies.

I've made a point of saying that if I HAD TO CHOOSE, I would be on Team Edward, and here's why: Vampires are cooler than werewolves. No matter how sissy and milquetoast a vampire is, no matter how far away from actual vampire they are, they are inherently cooler than werewolves. Take Remus Lupin for example. Lupin was awesome, but it wasn't because he was a werewolf. He was an awesome person IN SPITE of the fact that he was a werewolf. True werewolves don't have any control over their condition. A werewolf has a normal life most of the time, but one night every month, they turn into a wolf (against their will), kill a lot of things (against their will), and wake up in their beds covered in blood. THAT IS WHAT A WEREWOLF IS. WEREWOLVES CANNOT CHOOSE WHEN THEY TURN INTO WOLVES.

Stephanie Meyer just ruins everything. If she starts writing a book about Frankenstein monsters, I will take it upon myself to stop that book from ever being published.

Silversong
LEPretrieval Team Member
Location: Sneaking behind my prey, teeth sharp, ready for the kill.

Post by Silversong » Sun 4th Jul 2010

I have every right to hate twilight. The writing is mediocre at best, the story tries too hard, and it takes everything good about vampires and gets rid of it for the sake of creating a romantic teen fantasy.
I agree. You have every right to complain, but this is a Twilight FANS thread. Perhaps if there was a discussion, you could complain there. But, again, this is a fan thread. If you don't like Twilight, I would suggest you not post.
And vampires are NOT werewolves' natural enemy. That's just silly.
How is it silly? It seems perfectly fine. Foaly and Root never kissed, but that didn't stop people from writing slash fics about them. Vampires and werewolves didn't fight too much in literature, but Stephanie Meyer wrote it like that. Not my fault.
In fact, in most (real) vampire literature, vampires have the ability to turn into and command wolves
Hmm, does that sound like a *coughwerewolfcough*? And controlling wolves? If you could provide a link, or book, that would be cool. Infact, I would love to read about that.
've made a point of saying that if I HAD TO CHOOSE, I would be on Team Edward, and here's why: Vampires are cooler than werewolves
I'm sorry, but that's not a valid reason. Just because you personally like Vampires better then Werewolves, thats not a reason to say they're better. I personally think the adnormal transformation of man to wolf is intresting, and I like to study that subject. So, when you say they are 'cooler then werewolves', thats your opinion. And mine is werewolves are cooler then vampires, because I believe Werewolves are amazing.
Take Remus Lupin for example. Lupin was awesome, but it wasn't because he was a werewolf
Yes. Remus Lupin rocks. He was the best D.A.D.A teacher in the history of Hogwarts. He's lucky, he got the girl, he got the kid, he (had) the job. And I agree, I thought he was awesome even before you knew he was a werewolf. He is a sort of lycanthropic role model for (real) werewolves everywhere.
A werewolf has a normal life most of the time, but one night every month, they turn into a wolf (against their will), kill a lot of things (against their will), and wake up in their beds covered in blood. THAT IS WHAT A WEREWOLF IS. WEREWOLVES CANNOT CHOOSE WHEN THEY TURN INTO WOLVES.
Question: You do understand it is fictonal, and none of this will actually affect your life, except make you enemies and friends.
Anyway, I agree that a werewolf changes without its will. But, the idea of switching AUTOMATICALLY and CHOSEN TIMES is intriuging. Think about it; everyone wins. You keep your old fashioned ways, I keep my new fashioned ways.
Stephanie Meyer just ruins everything. If she starts writing a book about Frankenstein monsters, I will take it upon myself to stop that book from ever being published.
Still, your opinion.

(off topic) And may I ask why you are here, anyway?
An Upside-Down Reverse RA INBOW
While you are still SINGING
A MELODY, only for you.
Makes the WORLD go swinging...

Team Holly!

Thank you to FS for the lovely avvie!
Thank you to CC for the avvie that became a siggie :3.
And thanks for Bobo's and FS's siggies that I didn't use but are saved in my hardrive for future use :3
The song in the beginning is Reverse Rainbow, by Kagamine Rin and Hatsune Miku.