You Learn Something New Everyday

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Re: You Learn Something New Everyday

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Mon 13th Mar 2017

I learned that IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!

EMMA AND KILLIAN ARE GETTING MARRIED IN THE MUSICAL EPISODE OF ONCE UPON A TIME!

I HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR WHAT FEELS LIKE A MONTH :awesome:
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 13th Mar 2017

I learned Once is back from break. And that the net at work is still down. And that the Tower wasn't nearly as badly damaged as I'd feared, Roxy'll be pleased to see it.
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Wed 15th Mar 2017

I learned the realestate who managed the property we left are as useless as tits on a bull.

I also learned that some people are absolutely insane. We had a tenant go off his rocker at our agent and then slander us ona Vent page on the local Facebook community vent page. Oh boy, it's been a doozy for the last two weeks.
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.

Join me:

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 16th Mar 2017

I learned it is not standard for Koreans to have middle names....which is kinda sad that it's taken me this long to learn. Suppose I haven't really been interested enough to ask previously.

Hm....I don't think I learned any new words, yang at chee is the last one I learned. I got to use bob-o today :D

Man I've got that bad feeling again at work.
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Sun 19th Mar 2017

I learned Chuck Berry died.... :(
Image Image
네이트

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Mon 27th Mar 2017

I learnt that going from Tokyo to Sendai is considerable more expensive than going from Sendai to Tokyo. Had the prices been the same, I would easily be able to afford it, but since it is not, I can't. Guess I'll have to wait until my next payday until I can buy the tickets.
You and me, let's marry in the space station

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 27th Mar 2017

I learned a new trick I must rant about in Uncharted 4.

I discovered on this playthrough (I know, for shame of it having taken me so long to realize!) that when you're in stealth mode and creeping up on the enemies, you can use the grenades and not get your cover blown.

....that's not a pun btw.

Well. Maybe. Anyway.

There were these three guys all grouped together around the corner of this ruin by a draw bridge, so I whip-swung over, tossed a grenade, BOOM. Break times over, boys! Then I picked off a sniper up top, take out the second sniper across the map, ending 'stealth mode', but then it gets better, I pick off the first round of guys, reinforcements come by and I hide in some ferns....while Sully and Sam flail around literally running right in front of the Shoreliners who have the reactions of a dead cow and sense not a thing wrong.

I wait for the Shoreliners to filter in and see where they're going to place themselves, try and see if I can pick any off without totally giving myself away.
Then about five or six guys all crowd together and compare their guns and talk about how much fun they had sniffing paint as young children. Since they're talking munitions, I decide to show them one of my grenades, "Hey, there's this blinking red light, is that normal?"

BOOM.

Bodies flying everywhere. I got a trophy. There was one survivor who's just "Wtf just happened? Brendan? Joseph? Marshall?!" To ease his discomfort I offer him my chiropractor services and snap his neck.

Stealth grenades are the meta. I adore them. :wub:
Image Image
네이트

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Tue 28th Mar 2017

Playing Kahoot with a bunch of strangers is absolutely hilarious. I have no idea who these people are but I'm losing and also having a blast.

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 28th Mar 2017

I learned I forgot to turn my alarm clock back on.
Image Image
네이트

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Wed 29th Mar 2017

^ Me, every Monday

I learned that apparently I'm really good at pretending to know Japanese when all I actually do is listen for keywords that I know and then appropriately responding with answers that are at most 3 words. And apparently people think my Japanese is good. It's not. I'm just good at pretending I know what I'm doing.

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 29th Mar 2017

^Sounds exactly like how an old co-worker of mine was. Knew every student, spoke a little bit of everything, sharp woman.

I learned Boris is still alive!!!!! Holy crap, I thought that Swiss guy had butchered him! But he's back, baby!!!! Well, a descendant of his anyway. But we have a new mascot for Dispatch! Go Boris go!!!! :awesome:
Image Image
네이트

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Thu 30th Mar 2017

I learned Ford are useless idiots and my car has been in service for two weeks.

Incompetent Pendejos.

Join me:

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 30th Mar 2017

I learned I haven't been fired....yet. And they're apparently starting work to correct the Network Nuisance...though it'll probably still be at least two weeks before we're up and running, my bet.

I learned the Gorilla glue seems to be doing a slightly better job of holding the planes together than the hot glue, but we'll see. Alas, my poor Black Swan is now marred and looks like she's been sprayed with yoke lube from an overexcited Korean.
Image Image
네이트

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Thu 6th Apr 2017

I learned that I'm getting blood work done tomorrow
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 6th Apr 2017

I learned in addition to Boris, we have another spider on the ground. I've named him the Enforcer because he's a big arachnid...and frankly kinda terrifying. I went to get a picture of him for posterity, then went back to the desk to do some work, came back to check on him, saw he had apparently vanished and went scouring the area for him...finding not a trace. Disheartened at the apparent loss of Mr. Enforcer, I hang my head and jump about one foot and nine inches off the floor upon discovering the Enforcer right between my feet.
I get the impression he miiiight not be keen on being mates.
I left him an offering in form of a mosquito that had been buzzing around and swiftly departed back to the safety of my desk.

I also learned the hundred dollar ship sold a few weeks back apparently. But that's okay, there's plenty more to be had, there's actually a pretty nice looking gal for about 1,700, red hull, 25 feet, not as big as some yachts, but she'd be big enough. Maybe if I get my car payments lowered. Dunno why, tis a fun thought that's been occupying me lately, live aboard a ship.
Image Image
네이트