You Learn Something New Everyday

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Re: You Learn Something New Everyday

Post by artymon I\/ » Fri 9th Dec 2016

I learned my main story is at 77,776 words. Now technically, probably at least a thousand words of that is story notes I've tacked on, though I'm still not quite done with it.

Dunno if the plot qualifies as 'complex' enough to technically be considered a novel.

EDIT:/

According to our favorite online encyclopedia, anything over 40k can qualify as a novel. 17-40 can fall under as a novel, 7,500-17k is a novelette - didn't even know that was a thing, and anything under 7,500 is typically considered just a short story. (You don't say!)

I feel rather proud then that most of the stories I'm working on can at least fall under the novella category.
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Fri 9th Dec 2016

I learned that the card game a group of us played an early version of in line at the midnight showing of the second Hobbit movie is an actual released game now! That's so cool :)

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Wed 14th Dec 2016

fowlie herself arises from the grave...

i learned that my fiancée is way better at tearing through books than I am. I went through the entire AF series in like a year and she managed it in a bloody week!

also, surprise... i'm engaged!
i write because you exist.

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 19th Dec 2016

^Congrats!

I learned I've got Clancy for groundschool. Should be fun. So I'll tell myself as much until proven wrong.

I've also learned progressively since starting this whole groundschool business that everyone is really supportive, even before then, who knows, maybe I could make a career from it.
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Sun 25th Dec 2016

^^ thanks mate.

today i learned how to transfer pictures from my phone to a hard drive
i write because you exist.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Tue 27th Dec 2016

I learned that I'm already being discussed about among BAA (Broadway Artist Alliance) even though I'm not even registered with the program yet. Gotta love my vocal coach. Oh, and my rabbit is slowly dying every day.
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 14th Jan 2017

FowlStar wrote:fowlie herself arises from the grave...

i learned that my fiancée is way better at tearing through books than I am. I went through the entire AF series in like a year and she managed it in a bloody week!

also, surprise... i'm engaged!
!!!! I happened to see both this and the tumblr messages just when I was about to go to bed, but congrats!! And in the morning I will have Questions :P

I learned that I'm going to see Green Day with my best friend :)

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Tue 17th Jan 2017

I learned my dad started radiation treatment today for cancer.

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 19th Jan 2017

^Best of wishes!

I learned I don't have to cut my hair. Hah! I'm actually surprised corporate apparently didn't go their way on the matter...but then it's all for the best as I had a bunch of schemes concocted for as to why I couldn't cut my hair, ranging from locks of love, religion, gender identity, general equality, etc.

I also learned I passed my test. Phew. Second time's the charm apparently.

*cough* technically it was the third but the second one was so full of bilge water even an Eskimo in Africa wouldn't drink it. *cough*
Image Image
네이트

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Fri 20th Jan 2017

I learn that I give up.

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Fri 27th Jan 2017

I learned my new phone doesn't want to play my music or display my pictures...pictures I've transferred for YEARS mind you. And my PS4 doesn't want to play Overwatch, or it plays it, but the net lag makes it unplayable.

Fill-In: Eh, you're probably just a sucky player.

Oi! I had two semi-consecutive matches as Widow where I made nearly twenty kills.

Still disturbed and saddened by the phone issue. Okay. Okay. A winner would shrug it off as not being the end of the world, you still have the receipt, so if you haven't figured it out by Friday or Saturday, take it back and try a different one or keep squeeking it with the pottery phone. Dunno what to tell you about Overwatch mate, other than it's probably Joey sabotaging it in attempt to force you to write more.
Image Image
네이트

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Fri 17th Feb 2017

Moving house is hard as f**, especially with narrow stairs and you have a big desk ;n;

But we're in, we're settling, and we have a pool! Woohoo!

I have a tan! After getting quite burnt!

Now to wait for internet and to unbox everything. *Sigh*
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 22nd Feb 2017

I learned my book came in! Now to see how shady a character Professor Harrison is...

Phew.

I'm exhausted. Been up since 4am and going nearly nonstop til now (8:45pm).

Good lord painting is messy.

Okay. Time to update, then fetch my stuff from the car. *crosses fingers* Hopefully tomorrow.
Image Image
네이트

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sun 5th Mar 2017

I've learned that my chronic bronchitis is taking a toll on me. I even had to reschedule my auditions because of it.

Oh, and I learned I'm immune to antibiotics now.

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Fri 10th Mar 2017

^Now you just need to train your body to become immune to bronchitis.

I learned the stars came out pretty good! Gemini might need a little work, but I'll give it a rest for now. Time to turn my attentions onto my next project, namely rebuilding the Tower at long last. Roxy'll be pleased.
Image Image
네이트