The Official Life Update Thread

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

The Official Life Update Thread

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 3rd Feb 2019

I decided to make this so we can post big things that occur in our lives when we stop back in, because I'm curious about what everyone's up to.

I'm a junior in college now. Wild.

My dad died very recently.

I'm working on the sixth draft of a novel - maybe one day, you will be able to read it!

What's going on in your lives?
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Re: The Official Life Update Thread

Post by BLoemetje » Tue 5th Feb 2019

Good idea, Holly!

I graduated college about a week ago. I get to stay at my internship place for a little longer to get some experience and collect data for a short extra post-master course.

And in the meantime, I have to figure out fast where I want to go next with my life. Before I end up in the boring world of adults and work. I'm not ready for that.

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Wed 6th Feb 2019

This seems like a really nice idea! Especially since a lot of people only stop in once every year or so.

I spent 6 months in Japan as an au pair - essentially a maid and nanny combo - which was absolutely amazing. I really wish it could've been longer but alas.

I started university this summer, after failing to get in back in 2017. I'm majoring in English, surprising absolutely no one who knows me in real life. I've passed all exams so far except one, which I will be retaking next week, so fingers crossed for that one.

This also meant that I had to move cross country, not a lot by international standards - only two hours - but a lot by Danish standards. It's a really nice place and I've made a lot of new friends here, but I really do miss my family sometimes.
just your not-so-local english major

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Fri 8th Feb 2019

I'm currently a full time (seven classes) second semester freshman in college right now, majoring in music under vocal performance. But when I transfer into my bachelors I'm more than likely going to be switching to Music Education. Oh, I have an almost full scholarship to this school too. My choral group is literally the best and I think this is what I really want to spend my life doing.

Besides school, I'm working for my vocal coach as her secretary and I teach the younger students music fundamentals and piano. Kinda started to learn how to play the flute too!

Over the summer my bird passed away, so for Christmas I had gotten my father two finches - who in return have laid three hatched eggs. Bo-Jingles is doing well too, he became a certified service dog for my father.

Still going on about Artemis Fowl over @d-butler on Tumblr!
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.