Should I Write 2 Eoin Colfer?

All about the author himself, and discussion on any of the other books he has written.
Amber Root
Council Member

Re: Should I Write 2 Eoin Colfer?

Post by Amber Root » Mon 13th Aug 2012

Hey Mr. Colfer!

We’re sending this message on behalf of Artemis Fowl FanGathering, “Where the Fowl Fans Gather”. If you’re wondering who is sending this on behalf for fan site.

It’s Wicky(His full username name is world is quiet here)and Amber Root from FG(FanGathering). To make things clear. We’ve been wanting to write this for almost forever. But we’ve finally decided to do it.

You’ve been on the site and met some of the members on the ShoutBox. Well, like we’ve already told you. We are Fowl addicts.

Have you heard about fangirling/fanboying? Well, on FG we are the biggest Fanboy-ers/fangirl-ers the internet world has ever seen. To be honest, we haven't seen a lot of people fanning over Butler. The Foaly fanning rate today is, ehh... You would say at a normal low same with Mulch, obviously! Artemis fanning is on top. Same with Holly and Trouble. Amber Root is the only fangirl on FG who is fanning Butler. So you see, he is a big favorite character in the Artemis Fowl life style.

Everybody on the site is around 9 to 25 years old on the site. And we have left an outstanding number of posts about the books and other topics. There are seven Administrators, but really four of them are active. For Global moderators there is only one that is active. So, as you see, we are spam free and run by very friendly mods.

There’s been problems in the past. Being; friend issues in real life. Writing issues, such as teaching others the way of proper grammar usage. As well as family ones(We’ve had some parents come one and we spoke with them and it helped their relationship with their children. It worked!) and homework help. We have a special thread for that

We have a Artemis Fowl Fanfiction part of the site, where you write your amazing AF crossovers, or story with AF in them. Amber Root, FowlStar, and wrr0rzxpurrt are all editors over there. Led by our own AA. Artificial Asian. She is also one of the Administrators on the Forum.

There is also a Fan Art section of the site, where people post their wonderful art of AF.

You may think that for us readers, we would be mad at you for ending the series, we love and care for. But we’re not. We agree with your idea to end it. But there is a topic about you keeping the world of Fowl. But use other characters. Like a mini series for them. Here is a link:

http://forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9008

Wicky has read your article about the ending of AF in the Irish Independent (He thinks it was that newspaper.) and you said you are currently working on a child’s book and an adult book. He wishes you the best of luck with these books, he will read them.

To wrap this up, we all wish you luck on your future books. The FG-ers will like for you to visit FanGathering once again, and become a normal user. Could you post a few topics or reply to other topics? We would be thankful to know that someone like you have read our opinions and ideas.

With love for your series,
world is quiet here and Amber Root,
Sending this letter on behalf of Artemis Fowl FanGathering.
That's what we sent. :] It's about FanGathering/the site.
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Mon 13th Aug 2012

Wow, that's great.
You were really descriptive about the site which is brilliant. :) He'll probably take it as quite the compliment :D
I loved that you included the ages thing coz it shows how wide a range he has truly touched with his books :)
Well done guys! :awesome:
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 13th Aug 2012

Amber Root wrote:

Hey Mr. Colfer!

We’re sending this message on behalf of Artemis Fowl FanGathering, “Where the Fowl Fans Gather”. If you’re wondering who is sending this on behalf for fan site.

It’s Wicky(His full username name is world is quiet here)and Amber Root from FG(FanGathering). To make things clear. We’ve been wanting to write this for almost forever. But we’ve finally decided to do it.

You’ve been on the site and met some of the members on the ShoutBox. Well, like we’ve already told you. We are Fowl addicts.

Have you heard about fangirling/fanboying? Well, on FG we are the biggest Fanboy-ers/fangirl-ers the internet world has ever seen. To be honest, we haven't seen a lot of people fanning over Butler. The Foaly fanning rate today is, ehh... You would say at a normal low same with Mulch, obviously! Artemis fanning is on top. Same with Holly and Trouble. Amber Root is the only fangirl on FG who is fanning Butler. So you see, he is a big favorite character in the Artemis Fowl life style.

Everybody on the site is around 9 to 25 years old on the site. And we have left an outstanding number of posts about the books and other topics. There are seven Administrators, but really four of them are active. For Global moderators there is only one that is active. So, as you see, we are spam free and run by very friendly mods.

There’s been problems in the past. Being; friend issues in real life. Writing issues, such as teaching others the way of proper grammar usage. As well as family ones(We’ve had some parents come one and we spoke with them and it helped their relationship with their children. It worked!) and homework help. We have a special thread for that

We have a Artemis Fowl Fanfiction part of the site, where you write your amazing AF crossovers, or story with AF in them. Amber Root, FowlStar, and wrr0rzxpurrt are all editors over there. Led by our own AA. Artificial Asian. She is also one of the Administrators on the Forum.

There is also a Fan Art section of the site, where people post their wonderful art of AF.

You may think that for us readers, we would be mad at you for ending the series, we love and care for. But we’re not. We agree with your idea to end it. But there is a topic about you keeping the world of Fowl. But use other characters. Like a mini series for them. Here is a link:

http://forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9008

Wicky has read your article about the ending of AF in the Irish Independent (He thinks it was that newspaper.) and you said you are currently working on a child’s book and an adult book. He wishes you the best of luck with these books, he will read them.

To wrap this up, we all wish you luck on your future books. The FG-ers will like for you to visit FanGathering once again, and become a normal user. Could you post a few topics or reply to other topics? We would be thankful to know that someone like you have read our opinions and ideas.

With love for your series,
world is quiet here and Amber Root,
Sending this letter on behalf of Artemis Fowl FanGathering.
That's what we sent. :] It's about FanGathering/the site.

Thanks, Amy, for e-mailing it and doing most of it. I only did the beginning really.
cabaline wrote:Wow, that's great.
You were really descriptive about the site which is brilliant. :) He'll probably take it as quite the compliment :D
I loved that you included the ages thing coz it shows how wide a range he has truly touched with his books :)
Well done guys! :awesome:
Thanks, Cabby! :D I hope he replies.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Mon 13th Aug 2012

It'd be great if he does reply :D
You will let us know as soon as he does, right? ;)
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 13th Aug 2012

Sure- though Amy sent it so she'll get the reply. ;)

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 16th Aug 2012

Awesome letter!!!
*Fumes*
I can't believe I missed that :'(
I was on holiday.
Tell us when (If!) there's a reply... I hope he comes on again soon!!!
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Thu 16th Aug 2012

Skyswallow wrote:Awesome letter!!!
*Fumes*
I can't believe I missed that :'(
I was on holiday.
Tell us when (If!) there's a reply... I hope he comes on again soon!!!
I'm sorry Sky. Did you get my PM saying it'd be good if ya got a Google Docs account?
Thanks, though.
I will tell you, or Amy will. There isn't a reply yet, however.