Airman

All about the author himself, and discussion on any of the other books he has written.
no. 1
Dwarf Thief

Airman

Post by no. 1 » Tue 12th Jun 2007

Well, heres to his next book! I havn't watched the video blog yet, but thought I'd open up discussion anyway... so, do we think it's a continuation of another series, or a brand new one! (keep in mind, trying to hide i'm on the forum from parents and therefore have not seen the blog yet!)

So, anyway, now we have a thread. :P Discuss at your leisure.
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Cr4b5t3r
Troll
Location: Under Foaly's Cam-Foil [But he's still tracking me!]

Post by Cr4b5t3r » Wed 13th Jun 2007

I couldn't load the video =P And why aren't you allowed on anyway? Em, not to encourage sneaking around but if they are monitoring your history just open it and delete FG related stuff. What browser are you using?
I want YOU to post!
"A cloak of invisibility?
This is a highly sensitive piece of field equipment. What does he think? Some warlock pulled it out of his armpit?"
The Lost Colony

LEP
Troll

Re: Airman

Post by LEP » Thu 14th Jun 2007

Colfer was babbling in the video,i can't hear a word. sorry if Colfer is reading this.
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

no. 1
Dwarf Thief

Re:

Post by no. 1 » Thu 14th Jun 2007

Cr4b5t3r wrote:I couldn't load the video =P And why aren't you allowed on anyway? Em, not to encourage sneaking around but if they are monitoring your history just open it and delete FG related stuff. What browser are you using?

hehe because I have exams soon. But they respect my net privacy... normally.
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Cr4b5t3r
Troll
Location: Under Foaly's Cam-Foil [But he's still tracking me!]

Post by Cr4b5t3r » Thu 14th Jun 2007

Normally eh. You'd better be careful ;D
I want YOU to post!
"A cloak of invisibility?
This is a highly sensitive piece of field equipment. What does he think? Some warlock pulled it out of his armpit?"
The Lost Colony

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Sun 15th Jul 2007

wat is airman anyway????
hello. my name is veelagirl.

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sun 15th Jul 2007

Airman is Colfer's latest novel, a "historic sci fi actioner (with comedy)".

Take a look at the main Artemis Fowl site for more information.
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Mon 16th Jul 2007

ok
hello. my name is veelagirl.

Matt
Troll

Post by Matt » Sat 28th Jul 2007

Plot:

"In the 1890s, Conor Broekhart is a boy living on the Saltee Islands off the Irish coast, where his father works as the king's bodyguard. But his happy, carefree life is changed forever when he finds out that the power-hungry Marshall Hugo Bonvilian is organizing a military coup to overthrow the king. When Conor is unable to stop Bonvilian, the king is murdered, and Conor is falesly accused of the crime and thrown into prison. In prison, the boy passes the solitary months by scratching designs for flying machines onto the walls. After two years, Conor is finally able to build a glider, and executes a daring escape to the mainland."

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Thu 2nd Aug 2007

Sounds like a fun story without magic and what not a refreshing change of pace, and something else colfer has over Rowling he has come up with more than one type of story.
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Post by MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Thu 2nd Aug 2007

It looks very nice and different but Colfer loves bodyguards. :lol:
Sounds interesting.And it looks awsome as well.Story is new and I realy think it's a good book!
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name

artemis_fowl
Goblin

Post by artemis_fowl » Wed 28th Nov 2007

Click on the Airman banner on the homepage for more info plus news of a competition to give away 12 advance copies.

http://www.eoincolfer.com/

EarthGoddess
LEP Recruit

Post by EarthGoddess » Sun 6th Jan 2008

i saw it in a book shop yesterday. no offence, but it looks strange. its about a guy who flies planes. fun.
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls!!
:D

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 7th Jan 2008

I sort of thought that too. But you can't judge a book by the description they put on the inside jacket. They're always horrible.

Still, Airman hasn't really appealed to me. I decided to get the fourth Faerie Wars book instead. Maybe I'll buy Airman when it comes out in paperback. Actually, unless I hear that it's really good, I don't plan to buy it at all. My library will get it eventually.

Has anybody read it? How was it?

Pampered.Pixie
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Pampered.Pixie » Mon 7th Jan 2008

I can't wait to read Airman! Colfer is doing a book signing and reading in Seattle, thats around 300 miles from where I live! I want to go so bad, but my parents don't want to drive there because it might snow. *sniff* There goes my signed copy of Airman.