Movie changes?

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Movie changes?

Post by nutrino » Sun 14th Dec 2008

Even the most die-hard book fans will have to admit that there will be some changes from the books to the movies. Colfer may writing the script, but Horowitz wrote the script to Stormbreaker and we all know how different that was. So what do you think will be different? Personally, I think they'll show us how artemis found out that the sprite was in ho-minh (I think thats it,I haven't read AF in a while). Theres nothing like a good pre-title action sequence to start a movie off!
Hello again.

artymon
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Movie changes?

Post by artymon » Fri 19th Dec 2008

Well, I think the Graphic Novel was very illuminating, considering its author.

Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Post by Miasaki-chan » Sun 1st Feb 2009

ummmm yeah, I liked the graphic novels dialogue, but not the art. It will probably be the same for the movie. I probably won't like the characters.
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

artymon

Post by artymon » Mon 2nd Feb 2009

I swear I will be seriously PO'ed if they screw it up. There is NO NEED TO CHANGE THE SCRIPT!!! We like it as it is obviously, Mr. Hollywood-Director-Idiot-Who-Is-Not-Reading-This!!!

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Mon 2nd Feb 2009

Act out the story line by line according to the book I say!
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Tue 3rd Feb 2009

I SECOND IT!

*Loads shot gun and grabs a Hummer Limo for FG people*

If they mis any scenes, action or Dialogue, there'll be HELL.
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Fri 6th Feb 2009

Oh, but you know they will. They always do. *sigh*

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 7th Feb 2009

Yeah, they definitely will. We can only hope that they'll make the movie not too different from the book, like they did with the Twilight movie. That was not too different in my opinion. (Movie was better anyway than the book, but that's not hard, IH)
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

LollipopHolly
LEPretrieval Team Member
Location: In the 8th Dimension, where I rule. Where else SHOULD I be?

Post by LollipopHolly » Thu 12th Feb 2009

Yes my friend raised hell because they left out the blood typing scene in Twilight. But, I REALLY REALLY hope that the character don't ruin my image of them. Like when I saw the graphic novel, my original imagination of Artemis fluttered away in the wind.......... Just like it did when i saw Robert Pattinson playing Edward, he fluttered away too.......

artymon

Post by artymon » Thu 12th Feb 2009

You know what kills me anytime a book is made into a movie?

These Hollywood bigshot insist on creating an entirely new script that only partially resembles the original work. I mean, they're given a perfect script on a sliver platter! They get the author's permission, use his books as the script! Maybe one or two scenes are the most that would have to be altered, but I doubt that...

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Fri 13th Feb 2009

Yet again... Here, Hear!
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 13th Feb 2009

Yes, there will be changes, and I've got to admit that I have an extremely pessimistic view about the outcome of the movie, if it happens, but there's still a small chance that it will be faithful to the book, or have changes that actually make it better.

There are several movies that I like better than the books their based on... If we go with the category of Children's/YA books, I thought the movie Holes was as good as the book, Mathilda was better, and Twilight was about the same (which is not saying much).

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Fri 13th Feb 2009

Sometimes the reason they change it so much is cuz they don't want the people who have read the book to know whats gonna happen. If they do, there won't be too much fun in it.

For the movie 'Narnia' , there were complaints that it was "Too much like the book"

so for the sequal, they changed it around. (A TON)

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Fri 13th Feb 2009

wow... and some people complain about how its so different... wow... we are so weird compared to the people who think movies are too much like the book... note the sarcasm in my typing...
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World