OMG! PERFECT JULIET!

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: OMG! PERFECT JULIET!

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 1st Feb 2009

FOR THE LAST TIME, WHO CARES IF HER HAIR IS CURLY? They can straighten it or make it wavy! They do use hairstylists for movies, you know that, right?
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sun 1st Feb 2009

I could care less about hairstyle. Race, on the other hand, is a key factor. Her family is described as at least part asian.

I'm just saying why cast a white girl in the part of an asian girl when there are thousands of asian actresses who would jump at the chance to be in the movie? Experienced actresses, mind you. Taylor Swift might be a great actress, but she has no experience. Whereas it would be much easier to cast an experienced actress who actually fits more of the physical description than "Blonde" and be sure they'd get a good performance rather than take a huge chance on an American Country Singer with no experience whatsoever. It would be so much easier on everyone to cast an Asian or half asian, or even asian-looking actress, with experience, who they don't have to fly all the way from the american south.

Artylover41697
Mud-Man

Post by Artylover41697 » Mon 16th Feb 2009

No offense, but I cant see taylor as Juliet because she just doesnt have that roughness that Juliet does. U get what Im sayin? But I agree, that if she got some acting classes that maybe she could pull it off. ^_^

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Fri 27th Feb 2009

Yes, she does look like Juliet a lot, but really, Juliet is much more girly, and taylor.. you know that she sings country, don't you? that rather clashes with Juliet's manner. Personally, I couldn't care less about race. It's a movie, right? Why should anything else outside the books matter? So long as she looks asian...

/EDIT/: She's in the hannah montana movie
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit
Location: For me to know, and you not to know *comically intesne look*

Post by The Weird Shipper » Sun 16th Aug 2009

I simply cannot see it. She isn't asian enough. I really wouldn't go with a completely-asain chick (likely she would look weird with blonde hair). I understand that she has to look innocent, but she spent, at least, 5 years in a training camp god-knows-where, she should look a little tougher, or at least not seem like a whiny witch who'd break a nail throwing a punch. Which, let's admit, TS looks like a bit.

I think, if she were younger, she'd be an AWESOME Minerva.
Proud Member of The (Mary)Sue Slayers.
<3 Member of the LOVEless FANGIRLS <3Image

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Wed 10th Aug 2011

Artylover41697 wrote: But I agree, that if she got some acting classes that maybe she could pull it off. ^_^
i don't think she needs acting classes, doesn't she do some acting for her music videos and other stuff though?

Cappuchino!
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Cappuchino! » Sun 28th Aug 2011

Whoa... yeah, she would make a good Juliet! But is she a good actress?? If she is, then she could probably pull it off. :D
I am...
Obsessed with Lord of the Rings
In love with Pirates of the Caribbean
Crazy about Harry Potter
And, of course...
Mad about Artemis Fowl!

FowlsGirl1234
Troll

Post by FowlsGirl1234 » Tue 11th Oct 2011

Eh, I'm not big on T. Swift. Actually, I made a thing on who I think the characters should be, and I considered Taylor for Juliet, but then I decided she just wasn't the same image of Juliet that I had in my mind. Let's see... uhm.... *thinks hard* *harder* :duh: Okay, I can't remember who I put down on that, but I'll go check. I don't think Taylor Swift would be very good as Juliet, though.

Kay, I went back and found out who I put for Juliet. It was Scarlett Johansson. Here's link to a pic.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cw25To2X5I0/T ... 0b3f17.jpg If you can just imagine her with her hair braided with a jade ring at the end... and smiling more dangerously... Oh yeah.

But yeah, if I were the director, Taylor wouldn't make the cut.
┏━━━━┓╋╋╋┏┓╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┏┓┏┓┃╋╋╋┃┃╋╋╋╋┃┃
┗┛┃┃┣┻┳┓┏┫┗━┳━━┫┃
╋╋┃┃┃┏┫┃┃┃┏┓┃━━╋┛
╋╋┃┃┃┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣┓
╋╋┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻┛

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Tue 11th Oct 2011

^yeah, she does sorta remind me of Juliet, but she looks a bit old for her

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Who Should Play Juliet?

Post by Cabaline » Fri 8th May 2020

Hello all! :D

Just a quick note to say that this topic is the biggest topic on who should play Juliet Bulter, but there were a few little side-suggestions and mini topics. In an effort to keep everything in one place for the movie's release, I have merged a bunch of these topics into this one.

This thread will be our official, Juliet Butler - Dream Cast thread, where we can discuss who would play Juliet in our ideal worlds. Have fun! :D
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 26th Jul 2020

Just dropping in to say that while I was reading through this weekend's portion of The Eternity Code, I kept picturing Juliet as a slightly younger Chloe Bennet

ImageImageImage