tHe artemis Fowl Movie:what if it tanks?

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
artymon
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: tHe artemis Fowl Movie:what if it tanks?

Post by artymon » Wed 10th Dec 2008

Yeah...if Eoin is still in charge of writing the script, it can't be too bad....

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 11th Dec 2008

I agree with artymon and Meova. I mean really, Eoin wouldn't want to mess up his own books, right? And plus, even though the Harry Potter movies and Twilight movie weren't very true to the books, they were still awesome if you look at it from the "Let's not compare it to the book, let's just look at how good the acting and special effects and things were" perspective.

We'll just have to wait it out and see.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Thu 11th Dec 2008

I disagree. An author writing the screenplay from their own book is not necessarily a good sign. Sometimes their attachment to particular things in the book, or their biased perspective from having written it, can negatively affect the movie. The movie Stormbreaker was written by the author of the book, for example, and the movie was pretty bad, in my opinion, and made barely any money.

To be honest, I expect them to mess it up, and I expect the movie to do badly. I'm still looking forward to it, and I want very badly to be wrong, but the signs aren't good.

artymon

Post by artymon » Fri 12th Dec 2008

Considering how long it's been in Bright? Yeah...
Especially considering how the graphic novel went....it was okay...but I let stuff slide just for the sake of it...

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Sat 20th Dec 2008

Hrmm. Acting and special effects. You can make a movie as good looking and get the greatest actorss of all time in it, but without a good plot (and if its based on a book, FTTB (Faithful To The Book) plot,) no-one will like it.

It's going to suck. Look what happened with Eragon.

*vomits* When I saw Eragon for myself, it was immediately an increment to the 'pile of half 4rsed motion pictures of popular novels.' Two hours of my life wasted.

Unless they make the movie five hours long, it can't be a FTTBP movie. Because Eoin made every small detail count.
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!
COZ EVERYONE KNOWS TUCKER DID IT!
CABOOSE: SCORE: -1.

[insert zeeky boogy doog here]

Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Post by Miasaki-chan » Sun 1st Feb 2009

Hey, I don't think it will be THAT bad..... will it?
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

dixieduffy
Troll

Post by dixieduffy » Tue 27th Oct 2009

it can tank its artemis fowl so it would be a sighn of armegedin if it tanked wick ittl neverdo :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ShortRebel
LEP Recruit
Location: New England. Just like Olde England, but without the charm or chips

Post by ShortRebel » Sat 9th Jan 2010

Honestly, if a film tanks, it's generally because it's not well made. If that's the case, then you just gotta have a sense of humor and laugh at how bad they messed it up. No matter how good a movie does, there will always be at least a few unhappy fans because it didn't fit the image in their heads, but that's ok. For example, the graphic novel was kind of like having my soul punched in the face given how badly everything matched up to my own expectations, but that's me.

As far as building up a fanbase, I'd say we're doing pretty well for ourselves. We have a group that isn't as large as others, but is much more loyal and indeed, witty. :awesome: and anyway, do we really this to turn into another group of raving fans like twilight, no offense intended. But I would say that if they're gonna do this, it better be done well, I'd hope.
◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

Tennis.Running. Friends. Science.: Love

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

I absolutely swear It Gets Better

"High school is one of the most difficult times you'll ever live through. At that age, you're expected to act like an adult while gaining none of the benefits of adulthood. You are criticized for virtually everything you do by just about every adult in your social and family circle. You're expected to start holding up responsibilities, but under their rules. It is terrifyingly hard. Some people don't make it through. You will.

-John Cheese, cracked.com

◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Mon 15th Feb 2010

I wouldn't mind if they messed up a bit - movies that start out as books aren't as good as movies that start out as movies, in terms of the plot. The plot always gets messed up.

But, god forbid, if they mutilate it, I am going to get seriously angry. Messing up is one thing Mutilating it is another.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

IwishIwasafaerie
LEPrecon Officer

Post by IwishIwasafaerie » Tue 25th Jan 2011

THEN WE SHALL ALL DIE!!! :cry: :guh: Kidding, only the producer shall die. :twisted:
Member of The Dream Club Image and The Loveless Fangirls :wub:.
Team Holly FTW!