The Movie

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Re: The Movie

Post by Miasaki-chan » Mon 27th Jul 2009

artymon wrote:Sadly, however, ALL books into movies suck. I'll watch the movie, but I am 100% sure it will be bad.

i know, right? I'm expecting percy Jackson the movie to be HORRIBLE as well....
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

artymon
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by artymon » Mon 27th Jul 2009

The originals are always better. Whether it was originally a movie or a book. the original is always best.

My only exception so far is "Who Goes There?" (John W. Campbell) and the 1982 remake "The Thing" (John Carpenter). However, in 51, they made WGT into a moive that was not faithful to the book at all so...meh.

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Sat 29th Aug 2009

I agree that the originals are almost always better, but the Spiderwick Chronicles movie had a much better ending than the books did. I still have my hopes. I think that the Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe was great.
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Re:

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Sun 7th Aug 2011

_i_dont_get_it wrote:If Stuart Beattie writes the script then he will most likely stick some extra action in the movie...or at least thats what i think.
i love his Pirates of the Carribean! its awesome!! :lol:
I love Pirates too! Robert Downey Jr. should be Root... And even tho he's too old, Tom Felton would make an awesome Artemis Fowl! :D
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Wed 10th Aug 2011

Artymon was completely right. The originals are almost always the best. Still, it'll be interesting to see what they do with the AF movie. I just desperately hope that it won't be anything like what they did with the Percy Jackson movie! And have you heard that they plan on continuing the movies that way???!!!
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

hollyluv22
Goblin

Post by hollyluv22 » Fri 19th Aug 2011

I heard that they're trying to keep it as smilar to the book as possible, but they have a brand new ending! 0.0 I wanna know what it is!!! :?
Miasaki-chan wrote:
artymon wrote:Sadly, however, ALL books into movies suck. I'll watch the movie, but I am 100% sure it will be bad.

i know, right? I'm expecting percy Jackson the movie to be HORRIBLE as well....
Yup, they totally messed it up. And wheres Clarrise :( ?!?! But theres gonna be a movie for the sea of monsters, and I heard Clarisse is coming in then :D (well she kinda has to cuz theres a lot of her in the second book!)

Please only post one message at a time :)
~*AA
Take an Irish criminal mastermind...
A spunky recon elf...
A devoted butler...
An ingenious centuar...
A fart-astic dwarf...
And an underground world of hiden fairies...
And you've got the awesomest series ever-Artemis Fowl!

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Mon 5th Sep 2011

Im excited for the movie but Im worried that the realavence will be poor or the movie as a whole will be bad. Also the characters may not match the actors. That especially sucks.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 5th Sep 2011

I'm really not caring about the movie and all. I thing that because I like being the only one at school who reads it. So if the movie does come out, more people will read it and all of that stuff. Then people who watched the movie would be all like:

"I know the most about Artemis Fowl!"

Then we would be like:

"You only know the first two books, we know the most...."

So see there's a bright side to the movie being made and a darkside to it as well..
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Thu 15th Sep 2011

Little question:
Who's going to play the troll?
Or is it going to be completely computer generated, like in the movie the fairies made about the Artic Incident? Remember? Holly was to be played by award winning actress Skylar Peat, while Artemis was to be completely computer generated?
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 15th Sep 2011

I think the troll will most likely be computer generated... depending on the size they want to spring for, they could possibly go for a motion capture type of thing, but I would think something like that would be better left to CG. If you've seen Lord of the Rings, the troll in the first movie (while it is very different in size and appearance) was computer generated. I think that's probably along the lines of how they'll do it. I don't think it's very likely that they would be able to find anyone big enough to play a troll otherwise XP And as good as movie makeup has gotten to be these days, I still think CG would be the best choice, personally.
ImageImageImage

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Fri 25th Nov 2011

Inioch wrote:I almost can't wait for this :wub: I hope it will be very good :D
What do you mean, almost? :party:

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Tue 20th Dec 2011

The sad thing is that the chance of Artemis Fowl becoming a movie is now maybe one in a hundred. Now that Eoin Colfer has announced that the coming of the last book will be next year, any movie plans now would mean that the movie of the first book would come out a year or two after the last book was published, which is highly unlikely. It's a real shame, but at least we don't have to worry about them messing it up... :(
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World