What is the FACT of the movie we know now?

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit
Location: For me to know, and you not to know *comically intesne look*

Re: What is the FACT of the movie we know now?

Post by The Weird Shipper » Thu 10th Sep 2009

You mis read me. I didn't mean make the movie for the fans, I mean keep it similar so fans don't ***** about it and draw away people who would become fans. I meant keep it the same, not only for our enjoyment, but also because it was a good book, with awesome potential, and shouldn't be killed by greed; like a favored character would.
Proud Member of The (Mary)Sue Slayers.
<3 Member of the LOVEless FANGIRLS <3Image

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Thu 10th Sep 2009

The Weird Shipper wrote:You mis read me. I didn't mean make the movie for the fans, I mean keep it similar so fans don't ***** about it and draw away people who would become fans. I meant keep it the same, not only for our enjoyment, but also because it was a good book, with awesome potential, and shouldn't be killed by greed; like a favored character would.

Okay, so Artemis Fowl and TAI, the original two books, are really the only two necessary plotlines, since they set up the Characters for the rest of the books. However, the rest of the books don't have an underlying story arc, they're more like the James Bond books or serialized comics.

You know how they make James Bond or Sherlock Holmes movies that aren't directly based on any story from the books? They could totally do that with Artemis Fowl. Which is why I think they are squishing the movies, because AF and TAI are really the only books that provide exposition, the rest are new plots based on that exposition. I think I'd rather see that from AF, because I personally think that I'm not that invested in the plots that already exist to get all excited about seeing them come to life, except for the first two books.

I would much rather see them adapt the CHARACTERS than the story. So I really don't care how close it is to the books as long as it's good.

hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Post by hiholly123 » Sun 29th Nov 2009

Let's face it...the movie might never come out...ever. It's been years since they came up with the idea, it's a bit out-of-date in the movie world. I wish it would come out...but it might be forever until they come through with their plans.
I hate to be a Negative Nelly...but it's true...
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Sun 15th Aug 2010

I wrote this little article for my website, what do you guys think. I'm just telling everyone our position regarding the movie. It doesn't guarantee anything...it's just a collection of the FowlHards speculation.
I have to say, the idea is rather far fetched, but possible. I got a whiff of a rumor on Wikipedia, and I say rumor because Wikipedia is not exactly a reliable source...and I investigated further. My search lead me to conclude that there is little possibility of a movie, because negotiations have been on since 2004. If they plan to make a movie, however, production would possibly begin well into 2011 or 2012. I advise you fans not to get hooked on the concept of a movie. Though watching dream casts on Youtube is very amusing. Also, it would require an extreme budget, no doubt due to some of our CGI characters and intense, ever-changing surroundings, not to mention creating a fake underground fairy world. Any news you have on this subject, please share as soon as possible. Secretly, I will be rooting for the movie, but I know the facts, and that has put me in such a Fowl mood. Oh dear, it's gone now...;)
~ AFO,
June 25th, 2010

Well, what do you guys think?
i write because you exist.

E.N.HA
Gnome

Post by E.N.HA » Sun 9th Jan 2011

This whole movie thing is so INCREDIBLY DEPRESSING (imagine font size five thousand). Come on, AF would be the most amazing movie ever - lots of action, one-liners, awesome characters, sci-fi/fantasy stuff. No expense or effort should be spared, yet they twiddle their thumbs.
I agree, it doesn't seem likely in the near future. Yet it MUST HAPPEN. I'll watch the movie even if I'm ninety and can't see anymore. :D If I die before it comes out (and that may well happen) I will have to be reincarnated as an AF-crazed diehard.
Thanks FS for the article, it's very helpful. But depressing. :D
I have nothing to declare but my genius. -Oscar Wilde
Which, being a genius, I shall not declare. I shall instead declare my paranoia.

In large friendly letters: DON'T PANIC. -Hitchhiker's Guide

warewolves
Goblin

Post by warewolves » Thu 13th Jan 2011

My opinion; A movie is a movie, you could say you hate it because they did such and such, or you could love it for such and such. Eion has the right idea, and a new ending would be cool. Imagine all the small funny things he could fit into a new ending. He may even include the actual ending in special features. I like the series, and when it comes out I will watch it, then I will make my judgement.

But I hope it is better then Eragon. They cut so much out, it wasn't Eragon anymore.