Live action or CGI?

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
LEP
Troll

Live action or CGI?

Post by LEP » Sat 14th Jul 2007

of course i want CGI
but , how to make people to one meter tall, all fairies are short!!!!!!!!!
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Gravitational Singularity
Dwarf Thief

Re: Live action or CGI?

Post by Gravitational Singularity » Sat 14th Jul 2007

Why not do both? Fairies can be done CGI while still having a live action movie.
Just call me Grav
Northern Carina Nebula

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 16th Jul 2007

Special effects will almost certainly be done in CGI. Maybe the fairies will be too. But it sounds as if they're arguing total CGI versus mostly live action, and I'd much prefer the movie to be primarily live action.

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Mon 16th Jul 2007

MMK wrote:... it sounds as if they're arguing total CGI versus mostly live action, and I'd much prefer the movie to be primarily live action.

Yes, I believe that's what Colfer said. It seems like he isn't pleased with the way things are going. :?

I wonder what the problem is?
Lack of actors/talent? Cost-cutting? A redesigned business model/marketing plan?

I also wish that they would do it in live action, with computer-generated SFX. :(
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

PhoenixStarr
Gnome

Post by PhoenixStarr » Thu 26th Jul 2007

I think the fairies should be live action on the green screen, and they can resize them and then add them into the footage. Then the tech guys would add details such as the fairies' shadows, grass/leves bending and crinkling underfoot, etc.
Dave, stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid...

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Fri 27th Jul 2007

PhoenixStarr wrote:I think the fairies should be live action on the green screen, and they can resize them and then add them into the footage. Then the tech guys would add details such as the fairies' shadows, grass/leves bending and crinkling underfoot, etc.

thats just what ibet their gonna do!!!
i personaly hope its not all CGI, i mean i hope the trolls are like, gaint puppets and the explosions (excluding the boi bomb) will be real, i have a thing for pratical special effects
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Tue 31st Jul 2007

well, there will be some computer animaytion one way or the other. but they can still use live action for the fairies. think of hobbits in lord of the rings. i mean, they were real actors, right? i hope the movie will have good special effects and isnt cheesy. sometimes thats too much to ask for.
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

_Lenore_
Dwarf Thief
Location: Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Post by _Lenore_ » Tue 31st Jul 2007

What's CGI? Is that the computer-animation thing that they use for Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and stuff?
If it is, then yes, I hope that they use computer animation if necessary, but I want most of it to be live action, if they can manage that. ^_^
And if they do use computer animation, I really hope they don't make it too fake-looking. People do that sometimes.
ImageImageImage
"I have CDO... It's like OCD, only I put the letters in alphabetical order." - my mom

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Wed 1st Aug 2007

i agree. thats the brob with low budget movies. the storyline may be good but the bad animation ruins it.
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

Artylover41697
Mud-Man

Post by Artylover41697 » Mon 16th Feb 2009

Eventually, they're gonna end up using some CGI... but i agree. They shouldn't over-do it. Some scenes, will take more than others. Liike fighting sequences, and the bio-bomb especially. I'm just glad they're not doing completly animation! :horse: