A Solution To Everyone's Casting Problems ...

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
Aphrodite
LEP Recruit

Post by Aphrodite » Tue 6th Mar 2007

All I can say is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't have anything against cartoons, (in fact I love them!!!) But Artemis? As a cartoon? The animators would muck it up so much and ruin Artemis Fowl!!!!!!
Fairy Creatures heed this warning,
On earth the human era is dawning.

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Post by Soulcatcher » Tue 6th Mar 2007

Pointing out once again that animation does not necessarily equal cartoons. And I think a real life movie has more chance of being disappointing than animation myself, cos the actors will never be how I imagine the characters.

Oh, and again - I was half joking about this.

artysgirl
LEP Recruit

Post by artysgirl » Sun 11th Mar 2007

yep i agree with aphro!! i also like cartoons but artemis can't be one!!!AT ALL!!!!!
that's all i m going to say!!
Captain HollyShort

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Post by Soulcatcher » Mon 12th Mar 2007

Okay for one final time:

Animation does not necessarily mean cartoons.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 12th Mar 2007

Yes, it does. Animation means cartoons. There's no way to animate it without making a cartoon.

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Post by Soulcatcher » Mon 12th Mar 2007

Animation can mean computer graphics and animation, e.g. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Not necessarily 2D cartoons.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 12th Mar 2007

Yes, they'd be 3D cartoons. Still cartoons, though.

artysgirl
LEP Recruit

Post by artysgirl » Sat 17th Mar 2007

i have to say MMK is completly right!!! animation r some kind of cartoons and no doubt about it!!!
so the point is cartoons(animation) can't be in the artemis's movie OKKK!!
Captain HollyShort

liamasarty
Gnome

Post by liamasarty » Thu 22nd Mar 2007

okei, ??m sure that artemis should be more tyahn just an animation. And i?m sure taht a lot of people wont take seriously the movie nor the books if they see an animated movieE!
conclusion: It CAN?T be that way!

artysgirl
LEP Recruit

Post by artysgirl » Sat 24th Mar 2007

yep!!!!aha liamasarty is correct, just little kids will take seriously a cartoon of artemis...so.......do u want that???!!!!!!
Captain HollyShort

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Post by Soulcatcher » Wed 4th Apr 2007

<!--QuoteBegin-liamasarty+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (liamasarty)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> a lot of people wont take seriously the movie nor the books if they see an animated movie[/quote] Sorry, but .... are people meant to take the books seriously? Last time I checked they were fiction. And lots of people have pointed out the fact that an animated film would mean lots of kids, but live action won't mean no kids. I mean, it's still gonna be a kid's film, whether it's live action or animation. And, personally, kids in the cinema wouldn't put me off. I'm gonna go see it no matter what, cos, well, it's Artemis Fowl.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Re: A Solution To Everyone's Casting Problems ...

Post by MMK » Sun 8th Jul 2007

You have a point, but I don't think that a CGI movie could be properly... Artemis Fowl. It's hard to explain. I'd see it anyway, of course.

It's weird that now they are actually considering CGI- I'd always assumed it would be live action. I really hope it will be live action, because if it were CGI- a cartoon, in effect- it would ruin all the seriousness. I don't want them to ruin it by trying to make it a fairy story or anything.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic- I know that there are plenty of unchildlike animated movies- but it seems like CGI would be a bad sign to me.

Arty's lil girl
Dwarf Miner
Location: Waiting 4 the vampires, child prodigies, winged creatures, people cursed 2 becum animals,and wizards

Post by Arty's lil girl » Sun 8th Jul 2007

no thats not how the movie is suppose to be

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Post by Soulcatcher » Mon 9th Jul 2007

It's weird that now they are actually considering CGI- I'd always assumed it would be live action. I really hope it will be live action, because if it were CGI- a cartoon, in effect- it would ruin all the seriousness. I don't want them to ruin it by trying to make it a fairy story or anything.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic- I know that there are plenty of unchildlike animated movies- but it seems like CGI would be a bad sign to me.
Are they? LOL, I must be psychic ... I was mostly joking too.

I still disagree with you that CGI equals cartoons - there's realistic CGI as well as cartoon CGI; Final Fantasy Advent Children vs. The Incredibles, for example. Just like there's realistic portrait painting and caricatures. There are lots of distinctions, so don't assume that because they're considering CGI it's going to be kiddy, exaggerated and generally spoiled - although it's always a possibility, I'll admit.

Similarly, I don't think that if they do live action it won't be made into a fairy story, exaggerated or spoiled - just look at Ella Enchanted. Not to mention a lot of the book is tongue-in-cheek anyway, so while it's not meant to be a run of the mill kiddy's fairytale it's not meant to be taken very seriously either.

Personally I think a CGI Artemis Fowl, if done well, could be spectacular. I'm not saying I'd prefer it to the live action, but there's going to be a certain amount of CGI no matter what they do, let's face it. Not to mention there's less chance of there being disappointment at the character's appearances with CGI.

However, I'm not particularly bother either way - I think both, if done well, could be fantastic, but both have equal chance of severely disappointing.

A.F.Fan
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by A.F.Fan » Tue 17th Jul 2007

I would kill myself if the movie was in cartoon! very bad idea, except if u want me dead... :(