A Solution To Everyone's Casting Problems ...

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
cathrel
Troll

Re: A Solution To Everyone's Casting Problems ...

Post by cathrel » Wed 18th Jul 2007

AF as a cartoon???

NO WAY! I'll die!

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Tue 31st Jul 2007

cathrel wrote:AF as a cartoon???

NO WAY! I'll die!

i agree no way arty can be a computer animated or manga or whatevr. action movies are not ment to be compuetr animated!
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Wed 15th Aug 2007

Or-- A better solution than any of these.

I've never seen the movie in question, but the animation style from "A Scanner Darkly?"

The kind that's either super-cartoony live action, or hyperrealistic animation, you know?

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Wed 15th Aug 2007

P5YCHIC wrote:Or-- A better solution than any of these.

I've never seen the movie in question, but the animation style from "A Scanner Darkly?"

The kind that's either super-cartoony live action, or hyperrealistic animation, you know?

Yes, but what they did for A Scanner Darkly is that they filmed live-action footage using the actors--Keanu Reeves and company--and basically "traced" on the frames using a technique called interpolated rotoscoping.

...So they would still need an actor to act it all out. :( ...unless they ditch the actor requirements, and draw the whole thing realistically! :P

But I agree with you--I love that animation style as well! :D I do recall Eoin Colfer mention loving "A Scanner Darkly" [the book he is reading at that time] in one of his interviews, too! :D

I mean, Colfer did say that he was very fond of comics, and he himself would draw them. I bet he had a more mature animation style in mind. Hopefully.
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image