Captain Holly Short- Who?

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?
Foaly
Mud-Man

Post by Foaly » Sat 8th Apr 2006

Sienna Guillory, Winona Ryder, Natalie Portman, and Alyson Hannigan are all really good choices. I think they could with a bit of movie magic and a new haircut they could make perfect Hollys.

I heard that they were casting Americans for the fairies so that may rule out Emily Browning (she has done an American accent before though) but I think she kind of looks like Holly even though she may be a bit young. I wish I could play Holly, being an American with short/cropped red hair but if Emily Browning is too young then I'm definitely too young. It would be undeniably cool, though.
Icon from <a href='http://www.artemis-fowl.com' target='_blank'>AFC</a>

michelle_f33
Centaur Genius
Location: Somewhere in the middle of no where and anywhere-well actually Australia

Post by michelle_f33 » Sat 8th Apr 2006

I know how cool would it be to be in the Artemis Fowl movie?? :o I think I'd die (in a good way).

Evenni
Goblin

Post by Evenni » Sun 9th Apr 2006

My little sister wants Emmy Rossum to play her. But I can't think of anyone I want to play her (this is probably because I'm upset that I'm too young to act, but anyway :P).

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Sun 9th Apr 2006

Evenni wrote: My little sister wants Emmy Rossum to play her. But I can't think of anyone I want to play her (this is probably because I'm upset that I'm too young to act, but anyway :P).

She was pretty good in the day after tomorrow :)

Didnt seem all that actiony though? Im sure she could learn that though :unsure:

And lol - Aww XD

F.A.B
Centaur Genius

Post by F.A.B » Fri 14th Apr 2006

[offtopic]If Arty ever had a girlfriend in the books I would absolutely die in a very very VERY good way if I had her role in the movie :o I could take on the role of Eirlyes. Eirlyes and Artemis. Artemis and Eirlyes. Arty and me. ^_^ Sitting in a tree... but I won't push my luck :(
I am a Moon Child

Integrity ~ Lve ~ Unity

F.A.B
Centaur Genius

Post by F.A.B » Fri 14th Apr 2006

Oh i forgot! [/offtopic]

Otherwise everything else i typed would be off topic XD
I am a Moon Child

Integrity ~ Lve ~ Unity

hobboy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by hobboy » Sat 15th Apr 2006

KittyRainbow wrote:
Natalie Portman had her head shaved so she can get her hair ready for Capt. Holly Short's cropped hair.

LOL. It's a theory... And I would wholeheartedly approve of Natalie playing Holly. (She is an amazing actress. But I wasn't sure she was Holly-ish enough though, until I saw <a href='http://www.natalieportman.com/gallery/mags_2006_james-white' target='_blank'>these pictures</a>.) They're still working on the script though.

She ACTUALLY shaved her head for the movie????? :blink:

She didn't just shave her head FOR a movie, she shaved her head IN a movie. One-take scene, obviously. :/

KittyRainbow, yes. Seeing those pictures rang a bell in my head. :D Just a little bit tan-ner skin, a lot of lipstick, maybe red-der hair?, and *poof* Holly Short! Who wouldn't agree?! Anyway. I'm hoping they get unknown actors and actresses for the AF movie. :D
smaller signature = better

Jon_Spiro
Gnome

Post by Jon_Spiro » Sun 16th Apr 2006

no not natilie portman, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"Gareth Southgate, The Whole Of England Is With You"

Jon_Spiro
Gnome

Post by Jon_Spiro » Sun 16th Apr 2006

if you ever show that pic again ill kill myself
"Gareth Southgate, The Whole Of England Is With You"

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sun 16th Apr 2006

Oh, here's the pic again:

Kidding. :focl:

You hate Natalie Portman? I think she looks great, though. A pity, I didn't see her hard-core kick-ass video in Saturday Night Live. It was banned on YouTube, I was told [copyright reasons]. :( And I think she'd make a great Holly, too.
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

hobboy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by hobboy » Mon 17th Apr 2006

Jon_Spiro wrote: no not natilie portman, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

-off topic-
Why don't you like her?

Belinda Koboi
Goblin

Post by Belinda Koboi » Sat 22nd Apr 2006

Apparently, According to Wikipedia.org, Halle Barry may be considered. She already has the short hair, and I guess the lips, So its easy for me to pisture her as Holly.

Also, according to Wikipedia, Catheren Zeta Jones may be considered for the part of Opal Koboi.

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sat 22nd Apr 2006

Yes, and not to mention that Halle Berry already has "nut-brown skin". ^_^ And yeah, Catherine Zeta-Jones was mentioned in most websites too. ^_^

But oh, just a little warning to everyone: Don't trust Wikipedia that much... Since it's a public "wiki", almost anyone could add and edit the content featured there [hence its name]... :unsure:
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

michelle_f33
Centaur Genius
Location: Somewhere in the middle of no where and anywhere-well actually Australia

Post by michelle_f33 » Sat 22nd Apr 2006

Halle Berry and Catherine Zeta-Jones are all possible choices.... but, (please nobody shoot me...,) would they want to do a movie like Artemis Fowl??? It's generally not their area right??? I might be wrong but I just think they'd want more 'serious' roles.

hobboy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by hobboy » Sat 22nd Apr 2006

Catherine Zeta-Jones for Opal will be great. But isn't she, umm, too old?

And yes, Michelle, I don't think they would be too ecstastic to play roles in Artemis Fowl.

Back to our own "Holly Short Actress Search", I got to watch an old episode of Friends. There ws this guest actress that would do a great Holly. But, given that that episode was almost a decade ago, maybve she wouldn't do? I haven't gone around looking for pictures. Maybe someone has heard of her? Angela Featherstone is the name. :D