what do you think will happen in the next book & why?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Re: what do you think will happen in the next book & why?

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Fri 13th Feb 2009

No!!! He can't do that!!! He could have done that in the 4th, but he didnt (and im glad he didnt) and now he has lost his chance!!! It's too late for that now!!!
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

artymon
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by artymon » Fri 13th Feb 2009

Hold on...gotta get ze interview...

M: In your show you said you were planning the next Artemis Fowl book already... any news you want to give on that?

EC: Well, the basic plan is that Opal Koboi is in prison in Atlantis and somehow Artemis ends up in there with her. I kind of want to bring Artemis back to being a villain...

Yep....I lie not....

http://www.artemis-fowl.com/author_interviews/afc_5.php

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

NOOOO!!! He cannot do that!!! If he does, that'll make this book as twisted and depressing as Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events!!! The last one was so sad and depressing!!! He cannot do that to Artemis!!!

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 13th Feb 2009

I love it. Well, not the Opal again part, but the rest. Artemis somehow getting arrested by the fairies, and then clearly something big would have to happen to make him a villain again- I'm sort of hoping for the mesmer although I'm not sure how much freedom of personality he'd have were that the case... it would be difficult to manage.

Still, it sounds better to me than TTP did when I first read the summary for it.

Meova

Post by Meova » Fri 13th Feb 2009

Now, wouldn't it be nice if it ended the way it began? I mean, not the whole kidnapping again, but Artemis the villain and Holly his prisoner or something like that. Woah, does that remind anyone of Broken? I'm so sorry.
I must read that interview. Once I get back from doing the dishes, I promise.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Why does everyone want Artemis to go back to evil?!

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 14th Feb 2009

Because we've had a good Artemis for about 4 books now. To be honest, I'm getting a bit tired of it. Having Evil Artemis back, would also open up new plots.
ImageImageImageImage

artymon

Post by artymon » Sun 15th Feb 2009

There was this one line from TTP that was funny, something like "Here I am trying to do something good, and Fate conspires against me! Life was indefinitely easier as a criminal!"
I think a major point to all of the books is (not only to entertain us and make EC rich) Artemis's moral transformation. Maybe he (like an alcoholic in AA) snaps back to crime for a bit, or forever, whichever...

LollipopHolly
LEPretrieval Team Member
Location: In the 8th Dimension, where I rule. Where else SHOULD I be?

Post by LollipopHolly » Mon 16th Feb 2009

I read that interview too..... The thing I want to know, is..... What could Artemis do that is so bad that not only does he get sent to prison, but he gets sent to Fairy prison in the maximum security in Atlantis??? I mean that's where Opal is....

Meova

Post by Meova » Mon 16th Feb 2009

Kill Holly? I once read an excellent fic about that... Or he could reveal the existence of the People to the mud people...
ImageImageImageImage

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Mon 16th Feb 2009

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, i think im ok now... no- AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, now im fine. U guys r scaring me!

Aurora333
Gnome

Post by Aurora333 » Tue 31st Mar 2009

of course he would not kill Holly! Anyway he could end up prison on a defect or because of some plan of opals. I think that's a good book idea even though I am kinda sick of Opal. Artemis should have to decide between something in this book. Like between magic and his family- or anything like that.

artymon

Post by artymon » Fri 15th May 2009

I think one of the Opals blackmails him into doing something that either, she can't do or wants Artemis to do to get him out of the way. Most likely the latter because Opal would NEVER want to rely on outside help, especially from a tricky one like Artemis.

Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Post by Artemis Lore » Fri 15th May 2009

I hope that Artemis goes back to being the villain he was in the first book. I need to read that interview, maybe he could decide that he wants to be a criminal again like he said, and then do something big and bad (what a lame way to describe Artemis's plots) involving the fairies that would get him in jail where he meets both Opals (If they ever find the one from eight years ago) and then while trying to breakout become friends (Artemis makes friends in such weird ways.) and team-up to get revenge....
I don't know. Thats a little far-fetched, but I hope something like that will happen. As a strange thought I hope they bring young Artemis back, maybe it could be where he starts to alter time because something jogs his memory and than things happen like a ripple effect. Then when Artemis and Holly go to investigate Artemis could team up with his younger self and....
I really need to stop talking, and go read that interview. Maybe should write a fan-fiction if I have time.
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons

artymon

Post by artymon » Sat 16th May 2009

maybe he could decide that he wants to be a criminal again like he said, and then do something big and bad

Hahahahah!!! I like that description, that's how he is, big and bad.

That would be interesting to see him as the enemy again. I could so see Holly using Artemis's lust for her against him (even if she is a lesbian, P5).