what do you think will happen in the next book & why?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

what do you think will happen in the next book & why?

Post by Captain Short 711 » Thu 28th Aug 2008

hey i thought it would be interesting to see what yous think! and also what do you think it will be called!

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: what do you think will happen in the next book & why?

Post by Meova » Tue 11th Nov 2008

RSTU, change your name to STFU. Seriously.
I think they will get Opal, and that there will be more A/H. Maybe Butler will die for good this time? Or maybe Colfer read Broken/Daisies/Any other of my stories and decides he likes it so much that he'll get in the next book XD
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

artymon

Post by artymon » Sun 16th Nov 2008

Meova, I would be disturbed if Eoin actually wrote something like "Broken" in one of his future books. (Not that it's bad story; it quite excellent!)
We know there has to be at least ONE line of dialogue on Opal returning to the Past.
Maybe Artemis and Holly start a relationship, Minerva gets jealous, and devises a plan to ruin Holly's life, than gets emotionally destroyed by Artemis.
OR,
Eoin Colfer invents a new guy and we get some trouble with him.
OR,
It will have a fairy monster/mutant that has lain dormant ever since the atomic bombs were launched in Japan, the date of its creation. And it will wake up on 12/21/12 and cause all kinds of Hell for our protagonists.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Sun 16th Nov 2008

Eoin Colfer invents a new guy and we get some trouble with him.

I'm voting for that one. Opal was my favorite villain, but she's just so overused. And we've had time paradoxes for the last two books... I'd sort of like to see a straightforward adventure again, something like TEC.

I think they will get Opal, and that there will be more A/H.

Yeah, I think you're right. But I think Minerva will be back... and I hope she creates some fierce competition. And then I want Artemis to give up romance until after the books are over. But that won't happen.

artymon

Post by artymon » Mon 17th Nov 2008

Yeah, he already got a romance started. We know there's probably going to be a little more to it than what he left it in TTP.
I think if he doesn't in vent a new character, he will reuse either Abbot or Sool. Eoin said Abbot would still be in his old body for three more years, and I wouldn't bet two months have passed since TLC.

Moonlite Knight
Dwarf Miner

Post by Moonlite Knight » Thu 8th Jan 2009

I think the twins will play a bigger role in the next book, and so will No.1, since he barely had any screen time in TTP. I also think that Holly and Artemis's parents will finally meet (they haven't meet face to face yet right?), and there'll be a little conflict between them. Minerva will most likely make a reappearance as well, and, along with Holly, confuse poor Artemis's teenage hormones ^^

Something that I really hope will happen, but I'm pretty sure won't, is Artemis discovering that he still has magic left. I really hated how he immediately lost his magic in the beginning of TTP. Perhaps, that amount of magic that he stole awakened some dormant part of his brain and gifts him with his own supply of magic? Maybe, could happen :D
"Life is like a film, it always has a happy ending and if there is no happy ending, it means that the film is not over yet." ~SRK
"From failing, you learn! From success... not so much." ~Aunt Billie, Meet the Robinsons

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 9th Jan 2009

Something that I really hope will happen, but I'm pretty sure won't, is Artemis discovering that he still has magic left. I really hated how he immediately lost his magic in the beginning of TTP. Perhaps, that amount of magic that he stole awakened some dormant part of his brain and gifts him with his own supply of magic? Maybe, could happen :D

That is exactly what I'm hoping too! That was one of the biggest disappointments of TTP for me, Artemis losing his magic right away. I feel like it had so much potential... and it was wasted.

I think Minerva will come back, and while I don't want romance, this is what I think WILL happen, and not what I want to happen. So I think there will be a slight Minerva-Holly rivalry, and that Minerva, what with her temper and all, will probably be pretty jealous. I think Holly will try to deny there's anything going on at all, and it will hopefully create an interesting dynamic.

artymon

Post by artymon » Wed 14th Jan 2009

That's what I had been thinking.
I wonder if it's possible that Minerva is insanely in love with Artemis because of his three year disappearance? I mean like crazy. As in, "Oh you don't love me? Must be because of the elf. Must kill it."

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Tue 10th Feb 2009

Ur scaring me a lot lately, Artymon!!!! anyways, yes, all that, but Holly should win... :)
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 10th Feb 2009

artymon wrote:I wonder if it's possible that Minerva is insanely in love with Artemis because of his three year disappearance? I mean like crazy. As in, "Oh you don't love me? Must be because of the elf. Must kill it."

Well, I think it'd be more likely that she made him some sort of God in her mind. She basically worshipped him before, remember? If he disappeared 3 years, that would give her enough time to create an image of him in her mind that is too high for him to live up to. I wonder what would happen then...
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

artymon

Post by artymon » Wed 11th Feb 2009

Perhaps she would go back to being evil and try to kill him? Or begin some other little scheme?

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Thu 12th Feb 2009

Kill him?! (Pretend its all in caps) No!!! (Pretend there are more exclaimation points) Shes nice, or at least, thats how Butler made her seem! She might like him, and she might be dissapointed with him, but shes not that crazy!!!

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."

artymon

Post by artymon » Thu 12th Feb 2009

Well, if MMK is on the right track and ol' Minerva HAS built Artemis up into something he's not, I would definitely say it's possible for her to go back to being evil. (Murder cannot be ruled out though...)

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Fri 13th Feb 2009

I think that Colfer will turn the next book into a horror and it will feature artymon.

artymon

Post by artymon » Fri 13th Feb 2009

Yez.......he'll make his stories become dark....Artemis goes back to being evil (heard a rumor somewhere that he DID want to do that...)