SPOILER Opal is still loose!

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Re: SPOILER Opal is still loose!

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Sun 21st Sep 2008

TO SAPnotLEP, Captain Short 711, let see if we can finish our version before Eion does. it's a race now. On your marks get set GOOOOO!!!!!
New to the Forum? Ask me for help. ;)

Member of the Book club.

Member of the Poet's alliance
I am a proud member of the FG Writers Club! :rockon:

Words are weapons, they can make or break a story

:jump: :jump: :jump:

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Mon 22nd Sep 2008

Wait, hang on...

where do we start? We need a plan before we write. If we just started writing, we'd be on death row of failure. We need a plot, and we need to make every detail matter.
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!
COZ EVERYONE KNOWS TUCKER DID IT!
CABOOSE: SCORE: -1.

[insert zeeky boogy doog here]

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Tue 23rd Sep 2008

Alright you have a point, I heard from a friend that the new AF comes out in about six months, something about the dwarfs and not from the AF files. Lets use SAPnotLEP's fan fic account, we can start with a brain storm and throw out ideas for the first chapter. :) P.S. any truth on a new AF? :?

Member of the Book club.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Tue 23rd Sep 2008

Fowl Fanatic wrote:Alright you have a point, I heard from a friend that the new AF comes out in about six months, something about the dwarfs and not from the AF files. Lets use SAPnotLEP's fan fic account, we can start with a brain storm and throw out ideas for the first chapter. :) P.S. any truth on a new AF? :?

No, none at all. If there even is a next book, Colfer's stated he won't be making one for at least 3 years.

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Tue 23rd Sep 2008

P5YCHIC wrote:
Fowl Fanatic wrote:Alright you have a point, I heard from a friend that the new AF comes out in about six months, something about the dwarfs and not from the AF files. Lets use SAPnotLEP's fan fic account, we can start with a brain storm and throw out ideas for the first chapter. :) P.S. any truth on a new AF? :?

No, none at all. If there even is a next book, Colfer's stated he won't be making one for at least 3 years.

He stated recently in an interview that the next Artemis Fowl could be published as early as next year. (It's in Eoin Colfer and his other books). So I wouldn't bet on 3 years, but I'd sooner guess about... 1.5 years?
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Tue 23rd Sep 2008

I heard from my friend that someone else, other the Eion wrote a new AF! Lets get our copy rolling before the REAL seventh book comes out

Member of the Book club.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Wed 24th Sep 2008

Meova wrote:
P5YCHIC wrote:

He stated recently in an interview that the next Artemis Fowl could be published as early as next year. (It's in Eoin Colfer and his other books). So I wouldn't bet on 3 years, but I'd sooner guess about... 1.5 years?

I don't know if I'll be able to continue the series, I'm not sure I'll still be young enough to enjoy the books, even in 1.5 years. I mean, I'll be 18, that may be too old for me to keep reading AF. I already felt weird reading TTP. I may not know what happens with the Opal situation.

Wow, I'm older than I thought.

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Wed 24th Sep 2008

Age shouldn't be a barrier. I'm 12 and planning on writing my own series of books.

Ideas- Foaly should be nagging at Holly for her to tell him about going back in time and what happened.

Haven't got much other than that - I have very little time on my handsbecause of assignments amongst many things.
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Sat 27th Sep 2008

I think if were in a race we better start now, SAPnotLEP I think we should use your account to throw out some ideas, I might just make my own. Anyway I realize your on holidays so after a (week long maybe longer, depends on how you liked your trip) discussion about your trip we should start the brain storm, ooh, got one. Mega Opal final showdown. :D

Member of the Book club.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sat 27th Sep 2008

SAPnotLEP wrote:Age shouldn't be a barrier. I'm 12 and planning on writing my own series of books.

I meant I'd probably be too old to continue reading the series.

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Post by Soulcatcher » Tue 28th Oct 2008

Hey, I'm 18 and I'm still reading them! I'll probably be at least 19 by the time another book comes out, if one does. It doesn't matter how old you are as long as you enjoy them.

The way Colfer left TTP he was definitely setting things up for a 7th book. I do kind of agree that he's used Opal a lot, but then everyone needs to have a nemesis. But, considering how everything tied in in TTP - Artemis going back and involving his younger self, who was then mind wiped but was set off on his search for fairies, etc - I have to assume Colfer's got a neat little plot line worked out for sending Opal back. They do face off with her in TAI after all, so she has to get back to her own time somehow, without her ultimate powers and presumably with no memory of TTP.

That's what I got from the ending, anyway.

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 29th Oct 2008

P5YCHIC wrote:
SAPnotLEP wrote:Age shouldn't be a barrier. I'm 12 and planning on writing my own series of books.

Like SAP said, age shouldn't be a barrier. I still read some books that people already thought were too childish for me when I was 5! If you like them, read them. F*** the rest, I always say.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Fri 14th Nov 2008

Meova wrote:
P5YCHIC wrote:

Like SAP said, age shouldn't be a barrier. I still read some books that people already thought were too childish for me when I was 5! If you like them, read them. F*** the rest, I always say.

This 'age' debate is off topic. Isn't there already a debate about 'how old is too old to read the books' or something?

Still, it doesn't depend on how old you are. It depends on how old at heart you are.
(There's plenty more soapy phrases where that came from. Jeezum.)
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 14th Nov 2008

Yes, everyone is off topic.
And going like "OMG LET'S WRITE OUR OWN SEVENTH BOOK BEFORE EOIN CAN AND GET IT ROLLING BEFORE HE PUBLISHES HIS!!!" is starting to go off-topic, too.

Anyway, I think he might use Opal just a teeny bit more. Or maybe he'll make a new nemesis?
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

artymon

Post by artymon » Sun 16th Nov 2008

You know, I noticed something for about the past two books: Eoin has been inserting three main enemies.
In TLC, There was Minerva, then Kong, then Abbot.
In TTP, We got Young Artemis, Kronski, and Young Opal.
Perhaps in AF7, it will start with Opal, and somehow will cause a chain reaction to motivate another villain into action.