SPOILER Opal is still loose!

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
Domovoi
Dwarf Miner

Re: SPOILER Opal is still loose!

Post by Domovoi » Sat 16th Aug 2008

So! The fact that TTP Opal is so psychotic makes her awesome!
ImageImageImage

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Sat 16th Aug 2008

Opals insanity is definitly one of her most dominiant personality traits. I think what happen in book six is that since Opal escaped, the timestream will be left open until the past Opal is returned or recaptured. This may result in a mass of 'past' being coming to the future and possibly destroying what we know as the present. Just a thought. :)
New to the Forum? Ask me for help. ;)

Member of the Book club.

Member of the Poet's alliance
I am a proud member of the FG Writers Club! :rockon:

Words are weapons, they can make or break a story

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Domovoi
Dwarf Miner

Post by Domovoi » Sat 16th Aug 2008

I didn't understand a word you just typed.
But yes. Being insane is her best personality trait and that's why she is so awesome!
ImageImageImage

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Mon 1st Sep 2008

What I typed is the theory of the time Paradox. How anything brought from the future to the past can drastically alter the futer with only small changes in the normal timestream. The theory can be a real headache. Plus with Opal returning to the future from the past could leave the timestrream open until she returns to her time. Resulting in a catastrophic turn of events changing forever the future we know now.

Member of the Book club.

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Tue 9th Sep 2008

But wait - How will Colfer tie Opal escaping from before the 1st book in to the 1st book? the Opal of the past has to:

a) Go back to her original time and:
b) Have no memory of the encounter and:
c) Have a norm level of magic.

Something freakishly clever has to happen, because I'm sick of 'catch and mindwipe'!

Fowl Fanatic said:

What I typed is the theory of the time Paradox. How anything brought from the future to the past can drastically alter the futer with only small changes in the normal timestream. The theory can be a real headache. Plus with Spoiler (Mouse Over to See): Opal returning to the future from the past could leave the timestrream open until she returns to her time. Resulting in a catastrophic turn of events changing forever the future we know now.

But another part of the time Paradox is that people are already experiencing the effects of what one went back to do in the past. (I dunno - from what I gathered from your lecture, you missed that out).
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!
COZ EVERYONE KNOWS TUCKER DID IT!
CABOOSE: SCORE: -1.

[insert zeeky boogy doog here]

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Wed 10th Sep 2008

Good catch. Really the Opal of the past is in the future and would, at the moment have no knowledge of the encounters e.g. the artic incident. Opal would deploy her plans as usual though perhaps the schemes she used in the first four books would have been rethought and altered from the original idea to iron out any flaws that could result in her knowing of Holly's and Artemis' survival. The original plans wouldn't have been needed. Remember how Artemis kept the timeline even thought he had to defeat the young Artemis. Technically it had already happened so in theory Opal could follow the same storyline, have norm magic and have memories of the time travel.

However what I was describing was that it would not be Opal herself that destroyed the time line I only said that it would be Opal that anchored the time stream open allowing other people potentially to ruin the future that we know today.

Member of the Book club.

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Thu 11th Sep 2008

So you're saying this Opal is one from an alternate timeline... That would be a good twist. So Artemis and Holly have saved an Angeline from an alternate timeline.

I think we just picked apart the plot for the 7th book. Oops!

And as for the other paragraph, NOT CUDGEON AGAIN!
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Thu 11th Sep 2008

Exactly. When Opal had followed the storyline throught the first five books it was the natural timeline. When she traveled to the future she saw things that would make her rethink the schemes that she exectuted. Technically this had already happened but Opal has to return to the past for this theory to take affect. Considering that Opal may be able to return to the past she can go back and try to recapture the lemurand become all powerful, already knowing what Artemis will do before he does. This could make Opal all powerful resulting in a 'final showdown' of Artemis and company verus Opal. However the alternative timeline theory is interesting.It is possibly that Opal could disrupt the natural timeline resulting in the first five books being what should have happened, knowing Opal she will go after the lemur and have some flaw in her perfect plan. A flaw known as Artemis Fowl. :)

Member of the Book club.

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Fri 12th Sep 2008

*nods*
I think you might be mixing the Grandfather Paradox with the Time Paradox. But just slightly.

The Grandfather Paradox, encase you do not know is:

Say if... let's call him Bill, went back in time to kill his grandfather, before Bill's father was conceived. (I don't know, maybe he's sadistic or crazy). He succeeds. But that means that Bill was never alive to kill his grandfather.

So either a) Time travel is impossible, or
b) There is alternate timelines of... well, time, one of which Bill never existed to kill his grandfather, but was killed by a Bill from an alternate timeline.
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Fri 12th Sep 2008

Maybe. This is my theory in smilie diagrams:
:D = normal events
8) =alternate

Here is the natural order:
:D :D :D :D :D

Here is my theory:
:D :D :D :D :D

... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Now something happened to change the timline, Opal's trip to the future. My theory is that the bottom timeline is what happened in the first five books. Knowing Artemis and co were alive would make Opal rethink her original schemes resulting in an alternate timeline. Since book 6 is based in the past this theory can check through, what I am implying is that we never have seen the natural order. In the natural order Artemis never would have gone back for the lemur. Opal could have become all powerful resulting in a final showdown. Opal only went came to the future to destroy Artemis Fowl, which only happened because she created the 'Spell Trophy' which could have been a re thought plan because she had already returned from the past. Your Grandfather Paradox does slightly mix into play, this is only my theory.

Member of the Book club.

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Sat 13th Sep 2008

You're saying we've already seen the alternate timeline, because Opal has already changed her plans?

Sorry, my brain's a bit fuzzed today. :?
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Sat 13th Sep 2008

Exactly, the part of the theory that is the confusing part :? is that Opal would have changed her plans from her visit from the future but she could only visit when she created the spell trophy. It is again like the Grandfather paradox but this leaves open the alternate timeline theory.

Member of the Book club.

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Sun 14th Sep 2008

Stop It! My Brain Hurts! XD but I think the past Opal will some how bring her future selfinto the past then they will somehow change the past to benefit themselves, Herself, what??!!! I Give Up!

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Sun 14th Sep 2008

:lol: Hey Captain Short 711! We (you, SAPnotLEP and myself) have got a theory and a possible storyline down. Maybe we should write the seventh AF. We have to just wait and see what the great Eion Colfer will deliver to us next.

Member of the Book club.

SAPnotLEP
Troll

Post by SAPnotLEP » Mon 15th Sep 2008

Sounds kewl.

Artemis Fowl: The Duo Deception (working title)
By Eoin Colfer, SAPnotLEP, Fowl Fanatic and Captain Short 711

Could any1 else imagine that? :woot:
JOIN THE CABOOSE ARMY!