How much magic do you think Artemis stole?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Re: How much magic do you think Artemis stole?

Post by nutrino » Sun 18th May 2008

I think he'll get nearly as much as a faerie. not as much, but close.
Hello again.

Thanatos
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Thanatos » Sat 2nd Aug 2008

Not enough.
"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat.
"We're all mad here"

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Sun 3rd Aug 2008

You know? I hated it that Artemis lost it immediately. It did serve a purpose, but come on... TTP barely started and he lost it! And he didn't even try to replenish it with the Ritual...! Why that? The Artemis I know would do anything to keep his magic, what happened?
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Tue 5th Aug 2008

I don't think we need spoiler tags in the Fowl of the Future section... but I'm not positive, so I'll put them just in case:

I really didn't like Artemis losing his magic so quickly either, and it wasn't just that I felt let down after the buildup in TLC about him having magic. It seemed OOC for Artemis to do it. Wouldn't he first call Holly, or someone else who knows what they're doing? He knows how risky major healings are. On top of that, he felt "resistance, as though his mother's body did not wish to be healed and was rejecting the power." It doesn't seem to me like Artemis would just keep shoving in every drop of magic after that.

So the whole thing didn't make much sense to me. I get the feeling that Colfer chose plot over characters/continuity here.

Thanatos
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Thanatos » Wed 6th Aug 2008

Well we have to think of it like this:

Artemis is changing, and for the "good".

Many times in TTP he was like, "Oh my God, look at how far I've come.
At the end of TLC I think was when the last bit of his super selfishness left him, and now he's moving on.

However, I do have to say I think that he's about to do some soul searching that will return to us a less nice, more evil, but still good Artemis.

As for his magic, they did make a HUGE deal about it, and now that it's gone, I'm sad. I'm sure that it won't be for long though.
"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat.
"We're all mad here"

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 6th Aug 2008

MMK is right about the resistance part. Artemis, of all people, should know that that means something's not going right. He shouldn't continue, because when you feel resistance, it mostly just gets worse. A genius should know that if even we normal people know it...
ImageImageImageImage

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Wed 6th Aug 2008

I feel sad that he use up the magic just when the story start, I thought that he will do the ritual, but he didn't. And i thought he will have some other type of magic, but no. Well, thought he use his magic up, the scene of he use his magic was beautiful, blue sparks wraped up his mother, the body hovered from the bed. When I imagine the scene, I found it beautiful.
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Arty the 7th
Troll

Post by Arty the 7th » Thu 7th Aug 2008

Even though Artemis used up all of his magic trying to save his mother, I wonder what would happen if he tried to do the Ritual :shock: . I mean Holly has many a time used up all of her magic and its not like she had lost it forever. Of course, it could be that just because Artemis isn't a fairy, he can't replenish his magic like fairies do :( . I'm getting all confused. What do you think, guys?
ImageA member of C.I.A. - The Chosen One. All Hail Cyborgs, The True Masters Of The World!Image
Make the Edit button your best friend... OR ELSE
Any Questions about the Site? Ask me!
Proud Member of the Newbie Assistance Club

I am a proud member of the Hyperactive club *Twitch*
I'm a proud member of the Insane peoples club! "Say Yes to Insanity"
Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:

http://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewt ... =20&t=4266

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Fri 8th Aug 2008

I have a feeling the ritual won't work with Arty. Sure, it was cool when he had magic, but...unless Holly or No.1 could find some way to give him some, I think his magic is gone.
That's sort of sad, I'm sure Arty could do so many cool things with magic.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

Meova

Post by Meova » Fri 8th Aug 2008

What is true, however, is that magic is something in your brain, so it could be that Artemis can replenish his magic now he knows how to use it.
ImageImageImageImage

Fowl Fanatic
Troll

Post by Fowl Fanatic » Thu 14th Aug 2008

Well actually Artemis stole quite a bit of magic shown by the mention of Artemis using a mesmer on his parents and a serious healing on his mother. Unfortunatly it doesn't matter because Artemis used the last of his magic to try to heal his Mother
New to the Forum? Ask me for help. ;)

Member of the Book club.

Member of the Poet's alliance
I am a proud member of the FG Writers Club! :rockon:

Words are weapons, they can make or break a story

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Tue 16th Sep 2008

Meova wrote:You know? I hated it that Artemis lost it immediately. It did serve a purpose, but come on... TTP barely started and he lost it! And he didn't even try to replenish it with the Ritual...! Why that? The Artemis I know would do anything to keep his magic, what happened?

for me Its also a real disappointment that he lost it so quicklybecause i reckon if he kept the magic he could be half fairy and marry holly! and I dont know its just not very arty-like.

Aurora333
Gnome

Post by Aurora333 » Thu 18th Dec 2008

I do NOT think Artemis should marry Holly even if he did have magic! They are so wrong for each, but it's good that Holly is making him a better person. Anyway, I think Artemis is going to get his magic back or find a way to get more because in books no topic stays dead for long like when Artemis lost his memory and then got it back. Besides, if not, he definitely should have used it more. I think it was very like him to use all of his magic on his mother because even at the end of the first book he gave have of the gold back to her so she would heal his mother. He seemed desperate enough to save her that he would try it.

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Fri 13th Feb 2009

yeah, he had values, and now he has even more! so i say its pretty like him, and he was desperate, so he tried and did all he could, and even though he felt the resistance, he needed it to work, so he continued. though, he should at least try the ritual.
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Post by Artemis Lore » Thu 7th May 2009

Maybe No1 could give Artemis his 'signature magic' to replenish his supply, like he did to Holly. Then it would be demon magic and not normal fairy. Slightly off topic but in TTP it says 'crimson sparks' or something like that. But in all the other books the sparks were blue. Is that warlock magic? If it is than why was Artemis's magic blue and not red if he stole it from a demon?
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons