Artemis Aging: What will happen next?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Re: Artemis Aging: What will happen next?

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Mon 2nd Feb 2009

mabey he can replenish his magic...
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

Aurora333
Gnome

Post by Aurora333 » Wed 4th Feb 2009

I think he will get some magic back or at least he will try to. Besides he's going to age normally. Time just moved slower for him, but he will live like he would before then. Maybe it will just be like the past couple of years never happened.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Sun 8th Feb 2009

I still think the same thing I though before book six, and I'm even more confident about it now that Artemis lost his magic: I think he'll age like a normal human, and die like a normal human.

Gaining magic did not make him a fairy. It made him a human with magic. Longevity is a fairy trait. Mulch doesn't seem to be dying any sooner just because he has no magic. Foaly has a normal fairy lifespan, despite being a centaur (also has no magic). Magic is not what gives fairies their slower aging... so why would Artemis age any differently?

Now that he doesn't even have magic, I'm even surer.

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Tue 10th Feb 2009

I never said anything about him aging slower, but it would be cool, right? Then he could....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Tue 10th Feb 2009

Even though Artemis lost his magic, he did not lose his brain. If there's anyone, anyone on this earth who should be able to slow, or even completely stop aging, it'd probably be Artemis.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Wed 11th Feb 2009

That's absolutely true, Meo. If anyone could slow or stop aging, it would be Artemis. However, there's an "if" at the beginning of that statement for a reason. Even in the realm of AF, I don't think it's possible that anyone will invent something to slow down aging.

More likely, if A/H happens, which I still doubt, despite TTP (I think it's more of a display of "what could have been") the two of them will just have to deal with the differences in aging speed. Colfer mentioned in an interview that it had been done before...

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Wed 11th Feb 2009

DONE. BEFORE? WHAT DOES HE MEAN?!!!!!! *tries to breath*

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 11th Feb 2009

AFF96, it's considered rude to just post in caps. It's the equalivent of shouting. Please watch it next time, okay?

MMK, you're right. But, I have one thing to add - if there is one couple that is unlikely, while still having chances of happening, it has to be A/H. Rules never stopped Holly or Artemis, and they both care a lot about each other already, if it isn't love by now. If Artemis really is as smart as Colfer wants us to think, he will find a way.
ImageImageImageImage

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Thu 12th Feb 2009

sorry. to me all caps just means someones trying to get their point across and that theyre excited. but seriously, when did he say that?!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 13th Feb 2009

Well, I just spent far too long searching for it... and can't find it. I could have sworn that I read it... and I'm still pretty sure. I thought it had been in one of the AFC interviews, but it's not.

I still definitely remember reading it, but I can't find it. So I guess you should treat it as a rumor until I find it (if I can...)

But my memory is of Colfer saying something along the lines of fairies and humans have married before, but it was beyond rare.

Meova

Post by Meova » Fri 13th Feb 2009

I have a memory of that as well... Wasn't it in one of the books? Or am I now really confused with Inheritance Cycle?
I think I have to read AF again. I'll do my best to find it in the holiday. If I find something along those lines, I'll post it here.
ImageImageImageImage

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Fri 13th Feb 2009

*snickers at the last 2 comments* I might have heard that before...

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Fri 27th Feb 2009

I'm kinda panicking. Artemis is aging waaay too fast. I dunno, I think Colfer's gonna end the series soon. *Helen, don't cry*
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

Aurora333
Gnome

Post by Aurora333 » Tue 31st Mar 2009

I think I have heard that before too, but it might have been from the rumor starter herself :guh: ! Did you find anything in the books Meo?? I still don't think A/H will happen though and if that's true then there is no point searching. I think he will find more fairy magic or if not just grow normally. He is becoming more satisfied with his life now so it may be possible he will try to stop meddling even though something is bound to happen.

Sage
Dwarf Miner

Post by Sage » Mon 3rd Aug 2009

MMK wrote:That's absolutely true, Meo. If anyone could slow or stop aging, it would be Artemis. However, there's an "if" at the beginning of that statement for a reason. Even in the realm of AF, I don't think it's possible that anyone will invent something to slow down aging.

Ah, I must disagree. Scientists are working on extending life spans with good results right now. If boring old normal people can start figuring that stuff out, heck, Arty should have immortality by the time he's 20. xD Probably have Butler outfitted as a cyborg too.
Evil Overlord Rule #102!
I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.
ImageImage