Holly and Trouble

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Holly and Trouble

Post by MMK » Mon 2nd Jul 2007

I've heard many people allude to some unspecified time when Colfer said that Holly and Trouble would be romantically involved in book 6. But however many searches I do, I haven't seen any interview or webpage with evidence.

Does anyone know where/when he said it?

If no one can find it, then I'll consider it a false rumor. It doesn't seem like something he'd say, anyway.

Oh, and while you're posting, are any of you H/T shippers? If so, why, and if not why not? I personally am 100% apathetic.

Soulcatcher
LEP Recruit

Re: Holly and Trouble

Post by Soulcatcher » Sat 7th Jul 2007

Yeah, I heard that too but I've not officially seen it anywhere either. So I don't know. I think it would be good though - I am an H/T shipper myself :P Why? Well, because they're both awesome characters for a start that would go well together.

In his 'interview' in the AF Files Root says that "Trouble is more reliable, but Holly is more instinctive. If I was stuck in a diabolical trap, I would want Trouble to find the trap and Holly to get me out of it." That, to me, shows that they complement each other as LEP officers, and from the sort of friendly banter we occasionally see between them I think their personalities complement each other.

Also, it helps that they're both elves and similar ages - it gets rid of the inter species problem presented by the A/H ship.

Arty's lil girl
Dwarf Miner
Location: Waiting 4 the vampires, child prodigies, winged creatures, people cursed 2 becum animals,and wizards

Post by Arty's lil girl » Sun 8th Jul 2007

I dont know but they will/would be a cute cupple

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Mon 16th Jul 2007

heh heh it will be funny...wonder wat grub will think...
hello. my name is veelagirl.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 21st Jul 2007

poor grub... having holly as a sis in law... she hates him. lol. but yer right, they would b cute couple. :lol:
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Sat 21st Jul 2007

that would be funny to see..... :D

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 21st Jul 2007

i agree with myself. im funny :lol:
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Sun 22nd Jul 2007

thats random

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sun 22nd Jul 2007

random. that describes me. haha :lol:
I'm Normally Paranormal.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 23rd Jul 2007

Please don't have random discussions here- this is supposed to be solely about what is going to happen in the next Arte,mis Fowl book(s). If there are too many off-topic conversations here, I'm going to start deleting them. I'm sorry, but it can completely destroy a topic if you hijack it for your own conversations.

Anyway, if any of you can find where Colfer said there'd be a Holly/Trouble relationship, I'd still like to know.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Mon 23rd Jul 2007

i have no idea where people are getting all these interveiw and stuff. id like to read them
I'm Normally Paranormal.

pinkfairy11097
Troll

Post by pinkfairy11097 » Wed 25th Jul 2007

never gonna happen. Colfer NEVER said that. He practically dissappeared as of book4. just like juliet whose been gone since book 3. He might have well have died, Id be a lot happier. ANYWAYS, I doubt, like the other six people I asked, who can provide a link.Yea, I didnt think so
George the banana eating giraffe

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Thu 26th Jul 2007

I've finally got it! I PMed Matt from Artemis Fowl Confidential (http://www.artemis-fowl.com), and he gave me a quote from Colfer- something he said on AFC's forums-
Hello again,
More answers- I think Holly and Trouble would be a good couple for a short time- but they are so alike that they would wind each other up- so we will have to see what happens.
I have planned six books- after that I don't know. Maybe some of the characters will have their own spin off books. I think Mulch Diggums would be a great PI.

So, he hasn't really said anything confirming or denying. What I find interesting is that he said that they were too similar and would annoy each other- I wonder if that's what he thinks about A/M?

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sun 29th Jul 2007

r we still talking about grub here??? it would make for a good story line if grub died then trubs would b all depressed and thats when he turnned to holly...
I'm Normally Paranormal.

_Lenore_
Dwarf Thief
Location: Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Post by _Lenore_ » Tue 31st Jul 2007

Yeah, they would be cute together, I guess... but I think we only think it's cute because Trouble's the only person we know who looks good with Holly... maybe if there were other people like that, then maybe there wouldn't be so many H/T shippers....
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the ship... I just don't ship it. :D
ImageImageImage
"I have CDO... It's like OCD, only I put the letters in alphabetical order." - my mom