Who will holly pick?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

who will Holly go for?

Artemis
56%
Trouble
34%
No one
11%

Total votes: 113

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Who will holly pick?

Post by Meova » Wed 12th Aug 2009

But when did Colfer write the Artemis Fowl Files? The biggest hints to A/H were given in TOD, TLC and TTP, and I believe Colfer wrote TAFF after TEC. So it could be that he changed his mind, or that he just wasn't sure which way he wanted to go with them, or whether he would give Artemis his memory back... Writers make weird choices ;)
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit
Location: For me to know, and you not to know *comically intesne look*

Post by The Weird Shipper » Wed 12th Aug 2009

Meova wrote:... Writers make weird choices ;)

Don't we know it. But, I still think that they just wouldn't be able to make it for long . . . Holly'd have to give up her job, and she loves being in LEPrecon to much for any guy, especially a pasty-faced mud weasel, to take it away from her.
Proud Member of The (Mary)Sue Slayers.
<3 Member of the LOVEless FANGIRLS <3Image

Ohansahyosheli
Dwarf Thief

Post by Ohansahyosheli » Mon 17th Aug 2009

Wait...when was this decided?? That Holly and Trouble would be together that is.
Cause if Eoin needs some... persuasion to make the next book A/H... :snowballelf: :poke:
[✯♫♪Prepare yourself to meet] [The girl who cannot sleep] [Dividing every question till the questions are complete] [Every twisted tongue] [She studies everyone] [She won't leave any stone unturned] [The night is oh so young♪♫✯]

Meova

Post by Meova » Mon 17th Aug 2009

It was never decided. I think it's just a bit wishful thinking by people who don't like cross-species shipping. However, saying that Holly ends up with Trouble is a bit like saying Light ends up with Misa (yes, Death Note reference), because Holly and Trouble have shown no signs of affection at all in the books and they don't even seem to talk that much. (The similarity with Light/Misa is that Light never cared for Misa, only for her eyes, so that's the only reason they stayed in contact. Only reason for Holly and Trouble is work, as well.)
ImageImageImageImage

The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit

Post by The Weird Shipper » Mon 17th Aug 2009

Meova wrote:It was never decided. I think it's just a bit wishful thinking by people who don't like cross-species shipping. However, saying that Holly ends up with Trouble is a bit like saying Light ends up with Misa (yes, Death Note reference), because Holly and Trouble have shown no signs of affection at all in the books and they don't even seem to talk that much. (The similarity with Light/Misa is that Light never cared for Misa, only for her eyes, so that's the only reason they stayed in contact. Only reason for Holly and Trouble is work, as well.)

Actually, there are a few signs of the two liking each other. Most of that one story whos name I forget in the AF Files, for example. And, there was one mention of TAI that Holly was glad to have Trouble as back-up, but I don't remember the exact wording (Yes, I'm an H/T fangirl).

But, also, I love cross-species (Koboaly, yay, yay, yay, yay!), I just don't like A/H. However true that is, it's the same with Artemis. He'd never have even knew she existed if she was doing her job, and doing the Ritual.

Meova

Yeah, but that's liking, and not loving. From A/H there are some signs that point to love... The main one being the kiss in TTP, of course.
ImageImageImageImage

The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit

Post by The Weird Shipper » Mon 17th Aug 2009

Yes, but how attached can they get before it turns into a romance novel?

If it's human/fairy, the whole thing turns into a romance novel, but if everyone stays in their species, it stays action-y, and slightly romance-y.

Meova

It doesn't have to become a romance novel if Artemis and Holly end up together. Sweep was not a series of romance novels and yet the two people meant to be ended up together. It might take a good writer to avoid it becoming a soppy romance novel, true, but I'm fairly confident that Colfer can pull it off.
And if that doesn't work, well, there's always unresolved sexual tension to drive us fans crazy, like there is all the time between Bones and Booth in the TV-serie Bones.
ImageImageImageImage

The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit

Post by The Weird Shipper » Tue 18th Aug 2009

W00t for sexual tension. That I'm all for, but I wouldn't be able to stand it if Artemis and Holly got together, then fluffed their way through a novel, asking "Who's Opal?". Honestly, I'm afraid it'll happen. Actually, I'm afraid EC'll use Opal again, but that's not the point. I'm afraid that it'll change the entire aura of the novel from funny action, to fluffy action, which, I think, would ruin it a bit.

Sage
Dwarf Miner

Post by Sage » Tue 18th Aug 2009

The Weird Shipper wrote:W00t for sexual tension. That I'm all for, but I wouldn't be able to stand it if Artemis and Holly got together, then fluffed their way through a novel, asking "Who's Opal?". Honestly, I'm afraid it'll happen. Actually, I'm afraid EC'll use Opal again, but that's not the point. I'm afraid that it'll change the entire aura of the novel from funny action, to fluffy action, which, I think, would ruin it a bit.

I think it's already started going in that direction, honestly. TP seemed almost an excuse to create romantic problems for Holly and Artemis, imo. Hopefully any relationships in future books can be handled in a way that doesn't overshadow the rest of the plot.
Evil Overlord Rule #102!
I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.
ImageImage

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 18th Aug 2009

It would be interesting if Artemis kidnapped Holly again for some reason (maybe to keep her safe from Opal? That is just begging for a fic) and then has to deal with his feelings for her and what he did. You don't kidnap someone you love generally, but what if it's necessary? That would have a bit of romance but also make it nearly impossible for A/H to happen in canon, while fanfiction authors will go crazy with AU (Alternate Universe).
Wouldn't that be a nice plot for book 7?
ImageImageImageImage

The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit

Post by The Weird Shipper » Tue 18th Aug 2009

It'd be absolute genius! *gives you genius sticker* Wear it with pride.

But, we know she'll pick Artemis, but I think that's just the wrong decision for her, over all. If she throws away everything for him, it'll be completely OOC, but if she doesn't, the Angst FF authors will have a field day, and neither of the two would get any where, and anyone who doesn't write angst, will be angsting, and the nerver-ending irony will continue forever.

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Wed 19th Aug 2009

We don't know who she'll pick, but I hope she picks our dear Arty.
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 19th Aug 2009

*wears genius sticker with pride* Lol, thanks :P

The Weird Shipper wrote:But, we know she'll pick Artemis, but I think that's just the wrong decision for her, over all. If she throws away everything for him, it'll be completely OOC, but if she doesn't, the Angst FF authors will have a field day, and neither of the two would get any where, and anyone who doesn't write angst, will be angsting, and the nerver-ending irony will continue forever.

Well, the way that it's going right now, she is definitely not going to pick Artemis because he lied majorly to her. And Fanfiction is just for that, to write stories which can't or won't happen in canon. So I think she just shouldn't throw everything away for him. Or they could try, but that it just doesn't work.
And never-ending irony is awesome. :P
ImageImageImageImage

The Weird Shipper
LEP Recruit

Post by The Weird Shipper » Fri 21st Aug 2009

Yes, but she forgave him, despite her better judgement, I'm sure. And fanfiction is riddled with A/H because it has so many fangirls, which, for some reason, worries me.