Artemis's Girl: Who?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
Sage
Dwarf Miner

Re: Artemis's Girl: Who?

Post by Sage » Mon 3rd Aug 2009

I think that the only reason Opal is running around in the future is because the seventh book is going to be a few hundred pages of a Holly/Minerva/Opal death match. Artemis sits on the sidelines eating caviar the whole time and uses this opportunity to teach the twins that girls are icky.

That's what should happen, anyway. :lol:
Evil Overlord Rule #102!
I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.
ImageImage

Harry Blue5
Troll

Post by Harry Blue5 » Thu 6th Aug 2009

I thought I was alone in the idea of Minerva/Artemis. Finally, some other people in this forum...

When I first read the first book, I also considered Juliet/Arty.
"I liked you better asleep, my head hurt less"
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

AcornNight
Troll
Location: In front of my desk, tearing my hair out over that huge pile of homework i have to do. *sigh*

Post by AcornNight » Fri 7th Aug 2009

Holly. Definitely Holly! :D

Dancing my heart out as a member of the Dance Club~!

Proud e-sis of iwuvarty, CodeBlackRose and Chocolate :D

Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:

IwishIwasafaerie
LEPrecon Officer

Post by IwishIwasafaerie » Mon 7th Sep 2009

Okay, Holly. Duh. No-brainer. :D :D :D :jump: JUMP MY MINIONS, JUMP!
Member of The Dream Club Image and The Loveless Fangirls :wub:.
Team Holly FTW!

cookieninja
LEP Commander

Post by cookieninja » Wed 16th Sep 2009

holly Holly HOLLY. It's just would make the oddest wierdest thing ever and that's awesome. Sure their COMPLETE opposites but it's so cute. Plus Holly's awesomeness towers over Minerva. Just people ignore the whole age thing.
:D :) :lol: 8) :razz: :D :) :lol: 8) :razz:
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature

iloveholly
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by iloveholly » Thu 24th Sep 2009

From this point on he doesnt have a choice, as he has made final his descent into goodness and cannot go back.

If he doesn't get together with Holly he will regret it for the rest of his life . . . .

Common Eoin you know it makes sence:

Arty + Hollys romance would demonstrate the following examples to your impressionable audience:

1) That it is possible to change from bad to good and forgive yourself.

2) That the good guys get the girl of their dreams!

3) That little differences (like age/race/species ect) dont really matter and you should always follow your heart!

It is a simple matter of progression from where Atremis started.
'D'AVRIT' - I think she has fallen in love . . .

Cant beat fate huh? Image

(unless you want to lived the rest of your life in pain and misery!)

dixieduffy
Troll

Post by dixieduffy » Mon 2nd Nov 2009

HOLLY duh ,minreva must DIE.

MuriUmbrielCordeliaN
Centaur Genius

Post by MuriUmbrielCordeliaN » Mon 2nd Nov 2009

^Well, I don't know about die...maybe she could just be in a coma or something....

Anyway, to quote FF#1:
HOLLY duh

^_^ This is Baby Georgie. He haz some leeves.

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Sat 7th Nov 2009

Holly will allways be his girl (Minerva can go die in a ditch)
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

secret-magic
Goblin

Post by secret-magic » Wed 25th Nov 2009

Ahhh, I have been reading this whole debate with GREAT interest!! All right, I have a looong argument FOR Holly/Artemis. It includes quotes (actual FACTS! not just, "ooh, they are perfect for each other") from TTP, so if you haven't read it, don't read on!

To start off...

the KISS!!
~"Of course I saved you," she said. "I couldn't do without you." And because she was happy and flushed with magic, Holly leaned down and kissed Artemis, magic sparking around the contact like tiny fireworks.

Some people say that it was just an "in the moment" thing, because she was young, etc etc. But there's more...

~Artemis's head pounded, and Holly's mismatched eyes seemed to hypnotize him. She still had a blue eye, even though her body had rejuvenated itself in the tunnel. Another paradox. But although Artemis felt hypnotized, even slightly dazed, he knew he was not mesmerized. There was no fairy magic here. Artemis looked into those elfin eyes, and he knew that this younger, somehow more vulnerable Holly felt the same way, at this particular tangle or time and space, as he did. After all we have been through. Or maybe because of it.
This is proof that that they BOTH feel something more than friendship for each other. Still not convinced? Read on...

~Holly glanced at him sitting next to her."Sorry about earlier. You know, the thing." "The kiss?" Holly closed her eyes. "Yes. I don't know what's happening to me. We're not even the same species. And when we go back, we will be ourselves again." Holly covered her face with her free hand. "Listen to me. Babbling. The LEP's first female captain. That time stream has turned me into what you would call a teenager again." It was true. Holly was different: the time stream had brought them closer together. "What if I'm stuck like this? That wouldn't be so bad, would it?" The question hung in the air between them. A question heavy with insecurity and hope.
They have feelings for each other. Of course, from here, Artemis reveals the truth, and Holly is extremely hurt. Over the course of TTP, she talks about "end of your elf-kissing days", etc, and it seems like us A/H shippers are out of luck. BUT, there are two quotes form the end of the book that give goooood evidence that they still have feelings for each other, despite the age/species fandango.

~(This is Foaly speaking at the beginning) "Okay, you win. I'll ask. What happened back then-- eight years ago? My gods, it must have been mayhem." Holly felt a phantom tingle on her lips where she had kissed Artemis.
Out of EVERYTHING that happened, this is the detail that comes to her mind first. VEEERY interesting... ; )

And lastly....
~The exterior lights cast a soft glow on the gravel, setting the stones shimmering like gems. Lofty evergreen trees swayed in the gentle breeze, rustling with life. Like Tolkien's creatures. Artemis watched Holly stride towards the main doors. If only, he thought. If only.
You can believe whatever you want, but I am quite confident in what this references to. For those of you unfamiliar with "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, (by J.R.R. Tolkien)
I'll put it briefly...Aragorn (a man) and Arwen (and elf) have a romance throughout the series, and end up together. Sound familiar? My guess is that's what Colfer was hinting at (Artemis still has feelings for Holly). And now...I'm done! Even though it seems like there's little chance that they will end up together (because of obvious reasons), they DO like each other as more than friends, and I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they do end up together!!!!

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Sun 29th Nov 2009

Ugh, they have to end up together or else I will end up completely repelling Artemis Fowl. I will never speek of them again. Oh, and if Colfer goes far enough to pair A/M...God, u don't want to know what'll happen.

“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sun 6th Dec 2009

Hey guys, this is a really interesting thread that's always gotten quite a bit of attention.
However, in the interests of keeping the thread a good one (and general internet etiquette), please don't just character-bash.
I understand not liking characters. I've read quite a few that I disliked myself. And yes, you can say that you don't like them, but please give reasons so others can discuss your ideas.

Thanks. :)
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Sun 27th Dec 2009

Sorry.

Well, let's see let me put this in what I think now. I like A/H. But Holly, is older than Artemis in human years, even though she looks young and stuff. And Artemis and Minerva have a lot of simalaraties (sp?). Their both Genii, and Minerva knows about The People. Holly and Artemis, they're different species for one, and it just seems a little weird that they would be together. But as I said, I ship A/H.

~Gerard Way

crazychick
LEPrecon Officer

Post by crazychick » Sat 1st May 2010

Holly, definetly. Minerva is just a little flea. I'm not kidding either. FlEa!!!
IwishIwasafaerie wrote:Okay, Holly. Duh. No-brainer. :D :D :D :jump: JUMP MY MINIONS, JUMP!

XD

~CC
Official FanGathering Ranger

SERVANT MORTAL

BRAVE <3

LET IT FADE

wingedwolf
LEP Recruit
Location: Traveling the world with my wolf and trying to uncover secrets that have been hidden for centuries

Post by wingedwolf » Sat 22nd May 2010

Hmmm well as I've searched wikipedia and other sites, Minerva was made to be Artemis' equal, I mean c'mon,the name for instance Minerva=the godess of wisdom,Artemis=godess of the hunt,but then again it would be a twist if our mastermind did end up with Holly, A/H this shipping is more likely since these two have been together since the first book while Minerva suddenly arrived at book five, so Holly has an advantage :D
TEAM ARTEMIS
PROUD MEMBER OF THE LOVELESS FANGIRLS
"In the mist of wartime, truth is so precious that it must be hidden behind a bodyguard of lies ~Winston Churchill