Colfer's New AF Spin-Off Series!

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?
Amber Root
Council Member

Colfer's New AF Spin-Off Series!

Post by Amber Root » Fri 13th Apr 2018

Guys, I'm happy to announce the next installment to the Artemis Fowl universe!! We're officially getting a series about Myles and Beckett Fowl! :awesome:

Bestselling Irish children’s author Eoin Colfer has signed a major two-book deal for a spinoff from his popular Artemis Fowl series.

Colfer’s new novels, The Fowl Twins and an as yet untitled sequel, will focus on Artemis’s younger brothers, Myles and Beckett, who, after being left alone for just one night, end up having to save a troll from a nefarious nobleman and an interrogating nun – each of whom need the magical creature for their own gain. Readers will get to know the Fowl twins, revisit favourite characters, and enjoy all the action and wit that Artemis Fowl fans have come to expect.

“I am delighted to be back in the world of fairies, magic, and criminal masterminds, and I could not be more pleased that Disney and HarperCollins, two wonderful publishers with whom I share a long and fruitful history, are going to unleash the Fowl twins on the world,” said Colfer. “I cannot wait for a whole new generation of readers to immerse themselves in the magical adventures of Myles and Beckett. The future is bright. The future is Fowl.”

Stephanie Lurie, editor-at-large at Disney-Hyperion, said, “The Fowl Twins books will transport readers right back to the world of Artemis Fowl with their trademark humour, high-tech gadgetry, and unforgettable human and fairy characters. The contrast between Myles and Beckett is hilarious in itself!”

The first book is set to publish in February 2020.
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot

Solinium Pulse
Troll

Re: Colfer's New AF Spin-Off Series!

Post by Solinium Pulse » Sat 14th Apr 2018

YES!
Sol²√\√\√\√\_______

lackingimagination
Gnome

Re: Colfer's New AF Spin-Off Series!

Post by lackingimagination » Wed 16th May 2018

I hope they have their own unique personalities. What originally made Myles funny was that he was a mini-Artemis, and I hope that changes - I don't want to read a book about mini-Artemis.

But that's enough pessimism. This sounds great! Maybe if the movie is successful enough, they can adapt this into a movie too!