Eragon RP: In The Depths of Alagaësia

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!
Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Re: Eragon RP: In The Depths of Alagaësia

Post by Felina » Sun 30th Sep 2012

Hei was circling around them, keeping about 5km above and 2-3 km away from the group. He flied without making any sounds. While he was circling, Mia was looking down, checking if anyone noticed anything. If not, they'll just get back where they were before.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Sun 30th Sep 2012

^ I got it! No more controlling. :D

Stephan noticed that Arisha seemed rather tense, but dismissed it. The action was nothing more than a bit of nervousness.

He sat, watching the flames dance in front of him, as he waited for Lucan's response. It was half an hour before anyone spoke. By then, the stars had begun to come out.

Stephan glanced up at the stars, and then at Jessi. He sighed, wishing that the girl was still awake. It had been hundreds of years since they had last had a real conversation. They had lots to catch up on. The presence of a lost treasure in her saddlebag ssaid that much.
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!

Felina
LEP Commander

Post by Felina » Sun 30th Sep 2012

'I think it's safe to return...' Hei said. Mia nodded. They made another one circle and then landed back to the hill. Moon started coming out, so they were back just on time. Moon would make them pretty visible, and Mia didn't want that guy to notice her. She beat him last time, but that was a bit of a luck. She doubted the same tactic would work on him twice...
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

Image Image

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Sun 30th Sep 2012

Lucan pretended to be asleep, he quickly got up and looked around, it seemed everyone was asleep, but then he saw Stephan getting ready for bed. Sneaking away, Lucan started to walk towards a near-by hill. Making sure that his tracks were not followable and that he made no sound he walked through a forest and up a hill. Noticing something on a hill in the distance he ran towards the hill, making sure that no one could notice him. What he found was Mia, and Hei, not knowing if they were sleeping he stayed behind a tree a little ways off. 'Nexia, report!' He yelled through the mind-link. 'Nexia?' He turned around quickly, realizing he was quite a ways from camp. "Mia?" He asked, stepping out from behind the tree.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Sun 30th Sep 2012

Stephan laid back and relaxed. He looked up at the stars, studying any patterns he could find, and noticing all the constellations. It seemed to him that something was missing. He thought on it for a few moments, before realizing that Blackfyre had flown off without returning.

He whispered a few words in the ancient language, creating a ward around the camp. To an onlooker, it would look as if he was still sleeping. He jumped to his feet and opened his mind, searching for the black dragon. A few moments later, he found him. The massive dragon was flying above, only a mile away.

Stephan strengthened the natural mind-link between them, and asked him what was going on.

Blackfyre responded with a serious tone. "Lucan's sneaked away, and I think there's another Rider with him."

"This isn't good. Do you think maybe it's Mia?" He asked.

The dragon wasn't sure. "Perhaps. I can't be sure."

He moved over to Jessi and shook her awake.

When her eyes snapped open, he covered her mouth with a gloved hand, and gave her a meaningful look. She relaxed a moment later, realizing who had woken her. Stephan released her and stood up.

He pressed his mind against hers, and when she allowed him in, he told her. "Lucan's left camp. Blackfyre thinks he might be speaking to another Rider."

She nodded. "Ciel's awake now, let's go."

Jessi reached into a pouch and took her sword belt from inside. Strapping it on, she scaled Ciel's side and settled into the saddle. Stephan found his other sword in Blackfyre's bags, which had been left behind at camp. The blade was pure white, engraved with vines and various words from the ancient language carved in elven script. Vrael's old sword. He climbed on and sat directly behind her.

They took off in silence a moment later.

"Blackfyre, don't do anything drastic. Wait." He said through the mind-link.

Blackfyre responded immediately. "I won't."

They flew for a few moments before Stephan activated the spell imbued into his cloak. This time, however, he was invisible to Mia. His mind was on Blackfyre, so that the dragon could see them approaching.

A minute later, Blackfyre was circling around the hill from the back, and Ciel was just in front of it. Stephan leaped from Ciel's saddle, and flew through the air for a long moment. He landed on the top of the hill, and rolled forward, breaking the fall. Jessi continued circling above them, waiting for an opening.

"Mia?" He heard Lucan say.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 1st Oct 2012

Lucan say blackfyre off in the distance, he was flying closer. "What are you doing here?" He said, slowly reaching for his throwing knives. '...on to you' Was the message he got in his head from Nexia as she flew into range. "Run now, or die." He said to Mia, before pointing out Jessi and Stephan running up the hill. Then he Threw the knives into the air.

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Mon 1st Oct 2012

^ Just so you know, I've landed on the hill already.

Stephan heard the whistle of knives flying through the air, and he reached out his mind to find the weapons. Having not known the complicated wards placed on the knives, he was unable to compensate. Desperate, he threw up a ward against the attack.

The magic was just enough to deflect the attack slightly, and it gave Stephan enough time to react and step around one knife. The other spun sideways, catching his arm and his side. The wound was minor, but painful.

Blackfyre had landed on the hill and was advancing on Mia and Hei quickly. He bathed the forest in jets of black flames, incinerating the place, and possibly forcing the elf girl out. Jessi, who was now beside Stephan had taken her time landing. Ciel was now flying above, circling, trying to keep Nexia from joining the fight.

He placed an enchantment on himself, dulling the pain. As he moved through the forest towards Lucan, he unsheathed his sword and staunched his bleeding wounds.

Jessi muttered under her breath and a blue light appeared above them, bathing the forest in an unnatural shade of blue.

So, I decided to make a new character based off of somebody close to me. I'm going to playing the character, but she's going to be against Stephan.

Character Sheet:
Name: Faena Alatariel
Species: Elf
Occupation Level: Advanced
Looks: Wavy black hair, light skin, chocolate brown eyes, 5'3", looks 19, average build, wears traditional elven clothing but wears chain mail in battle.
Personality: Caring, and loving, but fiery. Rather crazy. Both crazy ambitious and an oddball in general.
Weapon of Choice: Bow
Amount of Magic: High
Good or Bad: Good

Name: Eldarma
Color(s): Purple
Ferocity Level (1-10): 8
Personality: Playful, calm, trusting. Hard to anger, and not hateful.
Looks: Smaller than most his age. Dark purple scales
Friendly level (1-10): 9
Last edited by bentj96 on Mon 1st Oct 2012, edited 2 times in total.

ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Mon 1st Oct 2012

Jessi almost laughed when Stephan ACTUALLY got hit by the knifes. Jessi could have deflected those knifes no problem, all you had to do was say that particular spell backward and it'd have had no effect. the knifes would have dropped to the ground harmlessly. and Stephan was supposed to be the teacher. pfft.

"Nice job Stephan!" Jessi laughed. "Wait, it that Mia???" Jessi asked incredulously, spotting someone in the blue light.
THANK YOU SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out my AF video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLWGWizo4w

And also check out my AF Fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8468806/1/The-Sacrifice

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Stephan gave Jessi a withering look, but ignored her otherwise. He shouted at Lucan. "There's no going back now!"

The knives came slithering back at him through the darkness. This time, Stephan had enough warning, so he managed to step out of the way.

Meanwhile, Blackfyre had found Mia and Hei. He roared at them, flames spilling from his maw.

Ash, do something!

So... I can't double post. I'm going to have to put both characters in one post.

Faena:
It was sunset in Illirea, and Faena was settling into her favorite tree to watch the sunset. She had a palette of paint on her knees and a small, supported canvas in one hand. She hummed to herself, swinging her legs in the air as she painted. Ocassionally, she would make a mistake. Faena would gasp and redden, and then spend a few minutes fussing over the mark. When the sun was about to set, Eldarma returned from his hunt.

The purple dragon glittered in the fading sunlight as he approached from over top the city. It wasn't until the dragon was almost on the girl when she realized he had come. She strengthened the bond between them and shouted enthusiastically.

"I'm almost done, princess!" She said, almost teasingly.

Eldarma sighed. He was used to the nick name by now, but he found it rather insulting at times. Though, it was his fault for using it as a joke himself. "Oy, that's mean!"

Faena frowned, sending her apology, and touch of worry through the mind-link. "I'm sorry, Eldy, I didn't mean to insult you."

He accepted the apology, and said. "Remember that group of exiles? They've been defeated."

Faena was shocked by the news. "The exiles... They were a powerful group."

Eldarma agreed. The two had examined the memories if the group when they has come to the city and knew their power well. "Who is powerful enough to have wiped them out?"

The elf girl thought on it for a moment. "Possibly the Queen had decided to hunt them down after all, though I find that very unlike her."

She dropped her palette and canvas down to the ground. Reaching over to her bag, she pulled out a recently burnished bronze tube. Faena undid the lid and pulled out a scroll. She dropped it into her lap, setting the tube aside. With her hands, she smoothed it out. The writing was in rather tough to read but beautiful elvish script.

It was a list of all the senior Riders in the Order. Arya, Queen of Elves, Lucan Exaphias the Lone Prince, Murtagh Morzanson of the Spine, Jessi Setasdaughter of Ellesmera, Lord Stephan Nenharma of Dark Stars, Faena Alatariel, Mistress of Ravens and Vekmarr Moonguard, Lord Commander of the Queensguard and Bane of Feinster.

She thought about it for a while. "I would say Stephan or Jessi has something
to do with this. Vekmarr is too honorable to fight the exiles, and Lucan is the son of the Queen."

Eldarma agreed, sending his approval through the link.

Faena grimaced. "Stephan, I won't be able to forget him." She was silent for a moment.

"But that doesn't matter now." She finished. Faena slipped to the ground, pulling her bag with her. She collected her palette and canvas and climbed onto Eldarma's back. The dragon leaped into the air and flew back towards Illirea.
Last edited by bentj96 on Mon 1st Oct 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Felina
LEP Commander

Post by Felina » Mon 1st Oct 2012

'Let's get out of here' Mia said, quickly hopping on Hei when Lucan told her to run. 'If you ask me, they can kill each other, I don't care.'

When Blackfyre found them, Hei snarled at him. 'I won you once already, do you really want to test your luck?' he snarled.
'Hei, get away!'
Hei avoided the flames in the last moment and then quickly and very easily flew around the other dragon, obviously running away. Mia didn't care about others, she just hoped that the kid won't join those guys. She was new, and if Stephan would start thinking of her as of his enemy, she will pretty much die. She didn't want to admit it, but she kind of liked the girl. She reminded her of herself, in her younger days...
'I'm starting to feel like an old hag' she said to Hei.
'No kidding...' he replied.
He continued flying away fast, without looking back to see if Lucan was in danger, or if Blackfyre was following them. He didn't care for Lucan, and if the dragon really was following him, he would just waste his time if the looks back. He started flying the fastest he could.

Image Image

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Blackfyre leaped into the air and began to follow Mia, when Stephan shouted through the mind-link. "Don't follow them! You won't be able to catch her."

The black dragon ignored his Rider for a few moments, but when Stephan began to yell at him again, he stopped following Hei. Blackfyre looped around in a wide half circle, and joined Ciel. Nexia was still around somewhere, and he couldn't afford to let her join the fight on the ground.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 1st Oct 2012

Nexia saw Lucan fighting both Jessi and Stephan. Nexia quickly grew mad. When Nexia grew mad, she grew to almost two times her height, and her rage sent her into a fighting trance. Soon she dived at both of the dragons at full speed, being careful to twist so they couldn't hit her well.

"Nexia, Wait!" Lucan shouted, but it was too late, Nexia had already gone after two dragons, two well trained dragons. Two on one was hardly fair, but Lucan was an expert fighter. "To make this fight fair, there should be no magic." He said.

Felina
LEP Commander

Mia looked back. Seems that they stopped following them. 'Hei, slow down, I don't want you to be exhausted...' she said to him.
He started slowing down and soon stopped, flapping with his wings to keep them in one place, looking back. 'Tis gonna be interesting, huh?' Mia said. She couldn't quite well see the fight for this far away, but she could see that Nexia attacked the dragons.
'She's crazy, she can't beat them...' he said.
Mia agreed in her mind. But she won't go help them. No way. If Lucan was stupid enough to let her run away while he fights so powerful enemies, why would she go back? Hei agreed with that. There was no reason to return.
'Shall we continue getting away from there?' he asked.
'Yes. Continue flying away, but stay close enough for us to know when the fight is over. When they finish it, we'll continue following them, if there will still be something to follow.'
'Alright' he said and continued flying away, not so fast anymore. The dragon's fighting was still visible behind them.

Image Image

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Blackfyre laughed at Nexia's attempts to fight both him and Ciel. Little did Lucan know, he and Ciel had been the best of friends for a century. The way they engaged an enemy was nothing short of a miracle. However large, Blackfyre and Ciel's manouvers were somewhat of an art form.

Blackfyre continued flying above, making arcs and turns in the air as he engaged Nexia in combat. His flames lit the sky as the black breath ignited the air. Ciel was making lazy circles, rising and dipping as he did. The purple dragon would rise twenty feet into the air, and then dive, and come up at Nexia's belly. It was a dangerous position, but Ciel knew that Blackfyre would be on Nexia the moment she tried an attack. Occasionally, when he closed in, it would be angled to maximize the force of impact.

The two dragons revealed almost no weakness and their positioning was meant only to protect the other's weak spots. With their minds joined, it was impossible for miscommunication. However, the dragons refused to injure or harm Nexia until she responded with a full on attack.

Below, Stephan was laughing. "No magic, Lucan? This is a battle! Honor is still worth something, but rules are not."

He cast a spell and black tendrils of energy rippled from his sword. In his other hand, he held a weapon made of flames. Jessi had used a simple spell to set her blade alight.

Just describing their habits. :D Attack me now!

Faena:
Faena woke early the next morning to prepare for her trip. On her desk, she had a map of Alagaesia laid out and weighed down. Red pins marked the places where the attack might have taken place and blue pins marked out nearby places where the attacker might be hiding.

She stepped out onto the ledge, overlooking the city. Though she was a Rider, she still had a slight fear of heights. When she was a child, just looking over the side of a two story building would scare her half to death. Her bond with Eldama had greatly reduced the fear, but it was still there.

Faena looked down at the 100 feet of distance that separated her and the ground.

Below, Eldarma was still sleeping in the huge hollow area below her chambers. The place was huge compared to the purple dragon, but she knew he would grow into the abode within a few decades.

She sat down a few feet from the ledge and placed the bowl of fruit she had been holding in her lap. Faena watched the sunrise as she munched on sliced mango and cherries with honeyed oats and sweet cream. She considered the possible enemies she might face. If Lucan had caught whispers of the exiles, he might have investigated himself. In that case, he would have been defeated.

Faena had known Stephan very well, and knew of his power and of Jessi's. Decades ago, he had left Faena, in search of power and artifacts. It had been long enough that she couldn't be sure if he had doubled, tripled or even quadrupled his power. It was terrifying to think about, but she knew that he wasn't one to plan ahead very far. She knew she could use it to her advantage,

She sat there, thinking for another half hour. By then, Eldarma had awoken and was flying up to her. He landed softly on the ledge and settled down next to her. He poked her a few times with his snout before she realized he was there.

Faena jumped up in surprise and wrapped her arms around his head. "Morning, Eldy!"

After she had released him, she noticed that she had knocked her bowl into the air when she jumped up. Now, the small wooden object was on the edge of the ledge. Faena watched in horror as it rolled off the side and fell towards the city. She gasped, and clapped her hands over her mouth.

"Oh no!" She said after a long while.

Eldarma gave her an odd look, and glanced over the side to see if the bowl had hurt anyone. When no one was to be found, he growled grumpily.

"Morning, Fae."

She turned to look over the city. "We might see Stephan soon... You ready for that?"

Eldarma nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be. And you?"

Fae smiled, despite tears welling in her eyes. "I'll be fine. You can see that, right?" It's been over fifty years since he left, after all."

The purple dragon sighed, or at least he tried. "No, I can't quite see that."

She wiped the tears away with her sleeve and hugged Eldarma's head again. "Well, I'll show you, then. We're leaving soon. Be ready!"
Last edited by bentj96 on Tue 2nd Oct 2012, edited 3 times in total.

Felina
LEP Commander

Mia's eyes widened. "Oh my good god..." she said, staring. "Hei, look at this!"
Hei stopped and turned again. 'Wow... That guy has no chance at all...' he said, staring at what dragons were doing.
'Darn' she said.
'Don't tell me.'
'Let's get back.'
'No way.'
'Why not?'
'Why yes?'
'Cuz I guess I owe him... and besides, I wanna see how good they are...'
'See means die?'
'Whatever. Please?'
'No~! Dun make meeeeee... I'm too lazyyyyyy...'
'Another reason to do it. It's gonna happen sooner or later, ne?'
'And rather sooner, as you always say...'
'Exactly! Let's go!'
'Nuuuhuhuhuuuuuuuuuu~' he cried. But he did start flying back. The fastest he could. He needed to, if he wanted to get there in time, ne?

Image Image