Eragon RP: In The Depths of Alagaësia

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!
bentj96
LEP Recruit

Re: Eragon RP: In The Depths of Alagaësia

Post by bentj96 » Sun 30th Sep 2012

"This is good. Lucan's powerful enough." Blackfyre's said through the mind-link.

Stephan was a bit skeptical. "Lucan isn't normally so trusting. It's odd. I'll try not to reveal too much."

He looked back at the three Riders who had joined him. Jessi seemed to be having fun, but the other two seemed to be deep in thought.

They flew in relative silence for a few hours and when Jessi spoke, it would normally be through a mind-link. Soon, it was sunset and the night was falling quickly. Stephan shouted at the group through the wind.

"Let's rest for tonight."

The Riders descended to the ground without a word. As they landed, Stephan vaulted off if Blackfyre and landed on the ground without a sound. He asked Lucan to find some food and told Jessi to find firewood. Both Riders returned in a few minutes. It took a moment, and some magic to start the fire.

Stephan turned to Arisha. "Now, first thing's first. Do you have a sword?"
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Post by BLoemetje » Sun 30th Sep 2012

Arisha shook her head. "No, I don't.. All I have with me is a knife."
Lyr watched them interested.

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Stephan frowned. "Hmm... This isn't the best way to get things done. It's best that you have a type if sword you prefer. For most Riders, it's a long sword, but there are many exceptions."

He unsheathed his sword and handed it to Arisha hilt first. "Use mine for now. It's well balanced. He looked over at Jessi. "Can I borrow your sword?"

She shrugged, not really caring, and threw her sword at Stephan. He swore loudly, but managed to catch it safely. He gave her a withering look, but didn't comment.

"I can block your sword this time. We will have time to discuss magic soon enough." He said.

"Now, concentrate. Find a weak spot. A place I would need to react quickly to defend. And then, attack. Do not hesitate, or you will lose."

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Arisha looked at the sword in her hand, a bit doubtful. She took in in her hand, moving it around a little to get used to the feeling. She then looked at Stephan. Was she supposed to just attack him?

'You heard him, don't hestitate,' Lyr said annoyed in her head. 'Just stab him already.'

Arisha bit her lip, looking for a good opening. Still hestitating a bit, she made a slaying movement towards his waist.

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Sun 30th Sep 2012

Mia and Hei agreed it would be the best to follow those guys from some distance. If they start with open war, and Mia joins against them, maybe Arya will let her in the forest again. Or, if they're about to win, Mia can always join them afterwards, ne?
During the whole flight, they were flying just a bit above the ground, way way slower than them, and now when they stopped, they landed on the hill about 2km away from them. Mia could see them pretty well, so if they decide to leave, they will pretty much be unable to do that without her noticing.
'You have that smile again...' Hei said with a yawn.
'What smile?'
'When you're about to do something idiotic...'
Mia giggled. 'No worries, I'll just stalk them a bit.'
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Stephan noticed a presence a distance behind him, and he turned to look. When he saw nothing, he shook his head and dismissed it. He could swear somebody was back there, watching, but this wasn't the time to be looking.

Stephan turned around just in time to notice Arisha attacking him. He only just managed to flick the sword in his hand to the left and deflect the attack. The sword slithered past with a screech and Stephan took advantage of Arisha's position.

He raised is sword up, shot his hand out to grab her wrist, and pressed the dulled blade against her throat in one fluid movement. Stephan released her a moment later.

"That was good." He said, stepping back. " But remember this. To not hesitate is to intend to kill, but don't attack with full force every time. Every fighter will falter at times. The grace of recovery is vital."

Felina
LEP Commander

'Heeeeiiiii, come and watch, it's getting interesting~' Mia said trough the mind link. 'Seems that he's teaching that kid how to fight!'
'Yeah, yeah, whatever...' he said, not really interested.
'Ouch. Come on, kid, hit the old man!' Mia thought, cheering in her mind for Arisha.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

Image Image

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Sun 30th Sep 2012

'Do you Think they're on to us?' Nexia asked, Stephan hadn't said a single thing about the plan yet. 'Wait and see, we're not against him, we're just not trusting that we will be successful.' As they reached camp with food they realized that Stephan was training Arisha. 'Nexia, go play with the dragons.' Lucan said, watching Stephan attack the new rider. He threw two knifes in front of Stephan from behind him, both arced in front of him, then they came back to Lucan who caught them. Quickly giving Arisha a signal to catch Stephan when he turned before Stephan could react. "Of course, there is always the helpful element of surprise."
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

bentj96
LEP Recruit

The Rider froze. He addressed Lucan. "True, but that was completely unnecessary."

Stephan got into a defensive stance, and they continued. Stephan sparred with Arisha for another thirty minutes. He occasionally gave her some advice, but he was otherwise silent. By the end of it, Arisha was exhausted and she had a few bruises here and there.

With his advantage of hundreds of years of experience and the elves' unnatural strength, Stephan was left with only a mark on his neck where Arisha had caught him.

"That's enough now, Arisha." Stephan said, raising his hand. "We can't have you too tired."

He stepped forward, placing a hand on her shoulder. Whispering a few words in the ancient language, he gave Arisha some of his strength. Stephan felt a noticeable amount of energy leave him, but he was still fine.

"Keep my sword for now. I have another if I have to use it."

Stephan looked around for Jessi, only to find that she had already fallen asleep. He sighed, wondering how it had happened. Walking up to Ciel, he played around with the blade, examining the deep purple color.

The star metal was still completely unscathed despite having been made nearly two hundred years ago. Stephan still recalled the night he had spent forging the sword. The engravings in the metal had taken him plenty enough effort to make. Especially because he had to co-operate with Jessi to develop the spells necessary to do it.

He established a mind-link with the purple dragon. Ciel was a bit tired, but didn't refuse Stephan. "Admiring your handiwork, Darkie?"

Hearing the nick name, Stephan smiled. It reminded him of the past, when he was a young child in Ellesmera.

"It is pretty impressive, don't you think?" He replied, grinning.

Ciel sighed, sending Stephan his sense of exasperation. "Right."

The elf moved to Ciel's saddle, and pulled Jessi's sword belt from one of the bags. To his surprise, he found that it was studded with diamonds. Twelve, to be exact. Stephan wasn't able to speak for a moment.

"This belt... Where did you find it?" His voice was a whisper.

Ciel answered. "We found in the crypts below Dras Leona. Some beggar who was hiding there had taken it." He paused. "A damn powerful beggar, at that."

Stephan thought before speaking next. "Well, this is a very treasured item... Perhaps we might be able to make good use of it."

The purple dragon was interested. "Use?"

He nodded. "As a bribe, perhaps."

Ciel pondered it. "Tell her tomorrow."

Stephan moved over to Lucan, took some food from what the younger Rider had collected and sat down, leaning against a rock.

"You've been thinking a lot, Lucan. Do you have any particular plans?" He inquired.
Last edited by bentj96 on Sun 30th Sep 2012, edited 3 times in total.

Felina
LEP Commander

Ahem. No controlling other people's charries without their allowances. As far as I know, Onee-sama didn't gave you that allowance.

Image Image

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Well... I did say all the Riders descended from the sky. It's the same as handing me a sword, really.

Felina
LEP Commander

You're pretty much giving me headaches, Benz...

Guys, what do ya say?

Image Image

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

I don't really mind that much, because it were just tiny things. He didn't make Arisha do anything that I wouldn't. It's a little annoying though, because it leaves less room for interaction or a charrie doing something unexpected. Now it would be my turn to post, but there's not much left to do. It's okay for now, but try not to do it again, kay Bentj?

After thanking Stephan, for the training, the energy, and the sword she could keep for now, Arisha sat down next to Lyr, leaning against him. The energy Stephan had given her made she was no longer exhausted, but she was still tired. She didn't bother looking what the others did.
Lyr smiled at the dozing girl, and kept his eyes on Stephan.

Felina
LEP Commander

Mia couldn't resist. She gently touched Arisha's mind with her, just to give her a short note: 'You're good.' Then she disappeared out of her mind.
'Are you crazy?' Hei asked her.
'You know me 50 years. Am I?' Mia asked.
'Yes, you are.'
'If you know that already, why did you ask me?'
'Nevermind...' he said. 'Let's just get away from here. That old man can come, looking for us.'
'Yeah...' she said, climbing on him. They flew up, invisible in the darkness.

Image Image

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Arisha was directly awake again. Lyr turned back to her, wondering what it was. 'That girl, earlier, with the black dragon,' she told him. 'She made contact with me, just for a few seconds. Not offensive or anything, she just said something..'
She then simply send Lyr the memory of what had happened, it would be easier that explaining.
'You're good?' he wondered. 'What would that mean? It could be explained in many ways. Good, as in that you're not evil. But also good as in that you're not sick or anything, and safe.'
'And she's apparently still following the group,' Arisha noted. 'I don't think I mind though.. She seemed nice. ..I wonder if she really killed an elf.'