Epithermite

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Re: Epithermite

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 18th Aug 2012

"You can call me Onie. Surnames aren't going to be much use to us at the moment, and my name, Harmony, takes too long to say. So. What exactly is this place? How long has it been here? And does anyone actually know why we can resist epithermite? I'm sorry about the barrage of questions, but no-one here has told me anything yet."
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Sun 19th Aug 2012

Rem sat in a tree on the edge of the clearing thinking (I want to tell the girl more about where we are she must want to know but i don't know if she wants to stay and if she does she lashed out at me without trying when ever i talked to her.) shortly followed by (her power does not match who she is Tempest got fire and it suits her i have wind because I am the sort of peoson who blends in with others and only some people notice im in the room. Is there something special about her not matching her power or is she pretending to be something she's not?) Rem decided to think more about it later but for now he whoul talk to Tempest so he jumped out of the tall tree he had benn in and used the wind to glide down to a soft landing near the caravan

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Sun 19th Aug 2012

(Hey guys, can we please wait until Iris gets back? She said she'd return, and she's the one who knows about this stuff. I can't do anything more, and just feel like you're getting a little off-track. Thank you! :3)
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Sun 2nd Sep 2012

OK, keep an eye out
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 26th Oct 2012

(Sorry. I think I might hand the reins to LEP if I take another unannounced hiatus again. I mean, LEP's been here since the beginning, and her posts are grammatically correct and everything. I'll PM the plot in a couple of days. Is that alright with ya?
Rem: Again, watch the legibility. Typos, and use grammar and punctuation, please. Oh, and capitalisation.)

Irene finally spoke up after listening to everything. "I'm Irene. It used to be just Karen and I. We bought the caravan and took in other Epithermite immunes. But you don't need to be scared, Onie. You're safe here, for now."

She exhaled and realised that for once, she wasn't hissing, spitting, or snarling at anyone, or anything.

I must be mellowing out, she thought with some dismay.

Karen was ten metres in front of James when the first notes of the wolves' baying reached her ears. She saw the moss covered rock that marked their secret passage up ahead and hid quickly.

"Darnit, wolves!" she yelled, conveying just the right amount of panic in her voice to make it sound real.

Technically, these weren't just wolves. They were Canis Celero, a mutation caused by waste products from one of the many so-called miracles cures for the epidemic. So fast that they were fleeting blurs and shadows in the wood. You wouldn't see them at all- till it was too late.

The leaves were rustling from an unseen wind. The wolves were getting ready to strike.
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

xx-Jelly-Fox-xx
Troll

Post by xx-Jelly-Fox-xx » Fri 26th Oct 2012

(It may be way too late, but can I jump in when the story allows?)
You say loving a fictional character is senseless...
I say it's the truest love there is.

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 26th Oct 2012

(Sure! I've been pondering something anyway. Make up and profile and I'll PM you when it's time for your grand appearance)

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Thu 10th Jan 2013

(Durr, is this ever going to continue? I feel really stupid for poofing, my computer crashed then I got swamped by high school. IC, if you were gonna PM me, I'll make sure to keep up with things. Sorry for disappearing!)

She had just hidden behind a rock. A rock.
"Where'd you go, mi-"
"Darnit, wolves!" Well, cr*p. He whipped his head around, trying to see movement, a flash of fur, anything, all the while backing towards that rock. James clenched a fist, trying to remember exactly how he'd done the trick with guard just in case of emergency.
A sense of something fluttered in the back of his mind, and he rotated one wrist experimentally, trying to see if he could re-create the sensation.
Ah, there it was. Armed, he continued looking around for where that darn girl had disappeared too, because he did NOT see her behind the stupid rock.

(assuming she's in a secret passage or something. Maybe he's just stupidly unobservant about her?)

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Wed 10th Apr 2013

(Oh gods. I am so sorry. I just got swamped. By life. But I'm sorta back now. No more random poofing for me! I need to commit!)

From her vantage point, it was difficult to see much, but she caught a glimpse of Jame's hand. Just as she thought, it was vibrating- a sure sign that he was utilising his little... Gift.

So he did know. He evidently didn't until today, but he's already using it like one of them… yes, this guy was definitely a survivor. Like them.

She wasn't too concerned about the wolves now. It looked like he could handle them fine. Maybe she'd watch him. What on earth was his ability? There has to be a theme besides explosions. She needed to know and maybe she'd find out like this.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Mon 22nd Apr 2013

(Guess who was out of town for a bit... :awesome:)

James could hear them coming closer. He really could, and he hated it. Prey? He didn't want to be prey! How reliable was this power thing anyways?

And where was she, anyways? This Karen girl... He didn't like her very much.

Footsteps. James whirled, hand raised, in time to see a flash of grey and get his breath knocked out as he was tackled, head slamming into the ground.

In the end, it was sheer luck that saved him- the fangs meant for his throat instead ripped into his arm. Not that he liked it, the sensation of having flesh ripped away and bone splintered really was not fun. No, not fun.
Of course James screamed. Who wouldn't?

He tried to think straight, managing to get a hand on the scruff of its neck and a leg over it before the f***ing thing could jump away and bite again, with almost surely deadly results.

A wrestling match with a wolf? He'd better blow something up fast, before any others showed up. If they did, he was dead for sure.

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Mon 22nd Apr 2013

Karen stifled a cry of horror. Shit. This was NOT supposed to happen. The wound looked deep, and she wondered if they could fix it with their limited first aid stuff. Granted, they did have awesome things that could cut the healing down to a day or two. But those were hard to come by.

Darn. Why did they have to lose Renault? The guy stitched everyone up- his gift appeared to be carbon and every other element that made up the human body. But she still had to figure out this newcomer. And that meant...

"Use your damned power already!" she screamed. "You control it, not the other way round!"

She summoned some clouds. It looks like things would have to get rough.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Tue 23rd Apr 2013

"Use your damned power already! You control it, not the other way around!"

Oh, there she was. Great, maybe rain would scare the furball away. Some thunder to make it cower? As if.

James grunted, grip on the scruff of the wolf's neck tightening. The tingling... Felt different. Weaker. Controlling this power? He barely understood what was happening, much less how to control it. Not everyone was a genius.

Somehow the thing got a fang into the skin near his head. He yelled, twisting away and trying to channel the raw fear into something besides dying.

The wolf started to pull free, and he shoved a hand up, trying to grab ahold of something. Anything. Which turned out to be its chest- a brief moment of contact, and his ears roared, head spinning.

The wolf howled, going stiff before collapsing on top of him.

What the heck? James dropped the hand, dully realizing two things. One, his hand was covered in blood, probably from the neat hole that had appeared in the thing's chest, ribs and tissue (and heart) split apart as if surgically.

Two, he felt terrible. James managed to shove the wolf's body aside and struggle to his feet. But then the world spun and he dropped to his knees and threw up, combination of blood loss and pain and this strange dizziness that seemed to come from these powers too much to handle.

((EDIT: *Pokes Iris with a stick* Been a week, dear. I know I'm not a role model for prompt replies, but I'm kinda obsessing at the moment. ;) Please?))

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Wed 1st May 2013

(Oh shoot. I'm so sorry. Well, life? I've been busy lately- school restarted. Ugh. Haven't had a breather in ages.)

Karen suppressed some swearing and trudged over to James. She checked his pulse- still there, that was good- and thought about what just happened.

Atomic manipulation? She looked at the clean cut on the wolf. That thing was definitely dead. She frowned at the wound. It was almost as though he just made things disappear.

She shook her head. Nah. He probably broke the matter down. She'd heard of that ability- the ability to rip things apart so thoroughly that the bits seemed to disappear. And she heard that there was only about five of those in the world. She supposed that James brought the number up to six.

Distantly, she was pleased with herself- she'd found the amount of damage this guy can do, and how far he can go. But the bigger part of herself was paralysed with guilt. She quickly grabbed her blade and hacked off a few chunks of wolf, stuffing them into her shirt and pockets, grabbing as much as she could carry- wolf was tough and stringy, but beggars couldn't be choosers. There was time for introspection and self-blame later.

For now, she'd have to get him back to camp alive. She slipped her fingers into her pockets and drew out a little blue pill. Part of her- the same part that was pleased- fought against her decision. They only had three left, and Irene had the other two. Karen pushed aside those concerns, and stuffed the little medical miracle into James' mouth. A hour later he'd be as good as new.

For now though... Karen shrugged, slung the guy's arms over her shoulders, and heaved.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Wed 1st May 2013

(It's no problem, I just have a tendency to get pretty into stuff...
I feel you, we're in the last quarter of school, I'm trying to learn a new instrument, get section leader applications filled out, memorize speeches and witness statements for a mock trial, and make sure my grades are all okay. I'm thrilled you had a chance to post! :D)

Oh, well, there Irene was. About time, too, was about all he could manage to think. Where had she been anyways? How much had she seen? Why hadn't she intervened before? Too much danger of killing him, probably.

She was... What was she doing? James lifted his head, not trusting himself to stand up yet, eying Irene from behind strands of his hair and trying to get his burning throat (and therefore vocal cords) to work. Hacking up the wolf? Maybe... Maybe for study, the thing seemed too fast to be normal, or... Would they eat wolf? Ew.

And then she was bending over him, shoving something into his mouth, helping him to his feet. He swallowed, trying to get over the dizziness. It probably wasn't poison, he supposed he'd have to trust her at least somewhat. She could kill him right now and he wouldn't be able to do so much as scream.

"T-Thanks." It came out sounding weak and lost and like he was on the verge of tears. Which, James realized, he was. Hadn't he a right? His arm... He didn't trust moving it any, holding the thing at a stiff angle away from them. Don't look. Just don't look at the carnage, don't think about how covered in blood you are.

"How far away is the... Camp?" Was that the right word for it? Hopefully not too far, he didn't think that he'd be able to make it a ridiculous distance.

How had he survived that? What had happened? One minute he was trying not to let the wolf get away, the next he could feel its heartbeat for a, well, beat, before he had a flat palm over what was suddenly a deep cut. It had been half-surprising, but some corner of his mind realized that he'd done it. How? It was fuzzy, but there was a vague sense of mentally ripping something apart.

Eh. There would be time to dwell on the extent of what he could and couldn't do once they were somewhere relatively safe.

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Sun 5th May 2013

(Once again, I am sorry. And I have no idea where my ideas are going. Gah.)

Irene tapped her foot impatiently. While there were others now, she really needed to wait for Karen.

She thought about the new guy. What was his name? She didn't remember, but she saw that he was dangerous.

She hoped that Karen was alright.

Don't be ridiculous, Rinny. Not everyone is like you.

As though summoned by her thoughts, the clouds shifted uneasily.

Irene hated her impossible temper. This was not the first time she fouled everything up and left her sister to clean up. She just hoped that it wasn't the last.

Footsteps. Two sets. Irene couldn't contain her relief. She sat up straighter and adjusted her expression.

"Glad to see you back, newbie," she called, plastering a smug expression over her concern.