Epithermite

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!
Iris_Cam
Troll

Re: Epithermite

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 4th May 2012

(Don't worry, LEP. Jerky charries give awesome plots contributions.)

Karen frowned and shushed him. She listened hard for a moment. Satisfied that there were either no survivors or that the craft had landed far enough, she nodded and shook his hand.

"Deal. But seriously, you've got a lot to learn. Shut up when something comes close, you never know whether they can hear it. Listen for their noises, and be quiet till you're sure they're gone. If they survived the crash and landed nearby, we could have had a net over us in about three seconds flat. And before you ask, no, they won't give you the chance to blow them up. More likely is that you'll get a tranquilizer and the next thing you know, you're on a trans-Atlantic plane flight."

She paused, letting the information sink in, before continuing.

"By the way, once we get to camp, you might want to keep the attitude in check, because my sister is a little... okay, a lot more temperamental than I. She was holding back on you earlier, but give her a few weeks. She's not as... hesitant to kill as I am. I'd say I'm the sane one out of the two of us."

Karen walked towards the track, making the classic 'follow me' gesture, while still wondering about his name.
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Fri 4th May 2012

James quirked a grin, walking after her.

"So. Nets? Cliched..." His hand brushed at the leaves of a tree, plucking one off to fiddle with.

"Sane? Yeah. Not a term I'd apply to your sister, no offense meant. And ditching names? Then that makes me just James, right?" His fingers spazzed, twisting the leaf into strange shapes. "And I've never been abroad, sounds fun." Snarky attitude. Yes. "And where's camp? Are there nets there? Of course not. And what do you mean about not blowing people up? I nearly killer your sister when she scared me. Oh well, I'll try to behave." A smirk "That cover everything?" James felt his finger slip through something. He had ripped the leaf? A casual glance down stopped him in his tracks.

"What the ****?" He blinked, staring at the leaf. Only it was a seamless, tiny net. "The ****?!"
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Sat 5th May 2012

Karen took one look at the 'leaf' and gasped.

"Put that down, RIGHT NOW. Trapweavers. Bloody things.... Let it go, as gently as you can, else they'll come out and you'll be unconscious in about five seconds flat."

She cursed as she grabbed a sharp rock and started hacking away the sticky strands. How could she had not noticed? The soft, sinister rattling sound she should have caught way earlier. But no, she had to get caught up in trying not to antagonise James.

Irene perched herself on the hilltop, eyes searching desperately for Calli and the others. Where? Where could they have gone?

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Sat 5th May 2012

James raised an eyebrow, tossing it gently from hand to hand, staring at the leaf-net. "It was a normal leaf a minute ago, attached to a tree, not a net, but... Fine." he let go, watching the strands float to the ground and stepped back.

"That didn't seem too lethal" he slipped his hands into his pockets, turning back to the way they'd been going. "So, onwards then?" James glanced at her, expression bored.

What the heck? That's not normal... I thought that it was a leaf, not a... The net was made from the same material as a leaf. What the F***?! That's not normaL! WHat is with these people! Is she... Trying to cut it up?

"Are we going or not?"

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Mon 7th May 2012

He's not getting it, is he?

"Well, first things first, we gotta move. About the net thing. Here's the deal..."

Karen explained what the Trapweavers were, while dragging James out of the small clearing, and into dense forest. They were a strange species of spider that were products of scientific experimentation. The various groups which were really, really, interested in illusters had bred and used them. An infestation was really, really bad. Generally, they operated by concealing the web/nets that they spun within ordinary things around them.... then they would link them together, to form gigantic nets. The scary thing was that they could do that within the space of half an hour. Once restrained, the Trapweavers would spray a chlorofoam-like substance into the air, knocking the victims out instantly. Considering that they moved in swarms of hundreds, it wasn't too hard to clog up the air with the stuff. As you would be, quite obviously, entangled in the nets, you couldn't run to escape the gas and would be unconscious.

She estimated, by the size of the net, that those blasted things had been weaving for twenty minutes. Ten more minutes... It was a scary thought.

"Now, do you know just how much we're wanted now? They have SPIDERS looking for us, to trap us. Many spots in this forest is infested. Be very, very careful."

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Mon 7th May 2012

James had to snicker. "Spiders. Dangerous little things." He nodded, getting the point though. Maybe it was bad... But that leaf wasn't sticky. It was totally normal. Huh. As an experiment, he pinched another off of a tree, speeding up.

"How long until we get there?" James asked calmly, trying to pry the thing off of his fingers. Alright. They existed...

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Tue 8th May 2012

"Oh... maybe an hour or two? Hard to tell, I plan on detouring. With all that commotion my idiot of a sister caused, and the hold up, we'll probably be followed."

Irene, unable to restrain her impatience, scrawled a codded message on the ground and turned on her heel. She was fairly sure that they knew the way...

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Tue 8th May 2012

James nodded, waving his left hand slightly and trying to pull a 'leaf' off of his fingers.

"I imagine I was no help then? What with my lack of control that could get us all killed or shipped off to a lab?" His words, spoken simply, seemed somehow aggressive.
He scowled at the leaf, whipping his hand down and snapping his wrist. A satisfied smile curved the corners of his mouth as it detached and floated to the ground.

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Wed 9th May 2012

Karen bit her lip. She wasn't going to tell James the real reason for the detour. She had to find out whether they were trustworthy, and that seemed as good a way as any.

Outwardly, she grinned and shrugged. "You'll just have to be careful, then."

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Thu 10th May 2012

James nodded solemnly.

"I can handle that. Now, I'm guessing that I'm not supposed to touch anything until we're out of the woods, so to speak?" a saint smirk tugged at his lips as the boy stared straight ahead, tucking hands into pockets.

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 11th May 2012

Karen raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'd say that if you make it through the woods, you've got a pretty good chance of living till your next birthday. Just follow me."

She ducked under several boughs and made her way to the heart of the forest, a kilometre north of their camp. Not strictly necessary, but most of the worst was along that way. Her words were absolute truth. If he survived this, he could survive till he didn't. Probably.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Sat 12th May 2012

James nodded, matching her pace. He didn't see anything wrong with all this, things seemed fine. Well, he was getting sleepy, but that was a moot point. He stumbled, brushing against a tree and spending a good amount of time plucking things from his shirt. A yawn. He shook his head rapidly. What had she said about chloroform?

Team Holly!

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Sat 12th May 2012

(Hi, I am REALLY sorry I couldn't post in here, was busy. I don't think I quite catched up with you, guys, do you mind telling me what's happening? Sorry, sorry, sorry, really *headdesk*)
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Sun 13th May 2012

(Iris and I went off on a long ramble with each others characters, reading it's the easiest way to explain everything)

Team Holly!

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Tue 22nd May 2012

Rem found Irene while walking back to what he now called home. he missed running but runing was loud or at least it sounded loud to him because he was the sort of person who walked without a sound and blended into the background untill he said something.

"Hi Irene" he said knowing he was going to get it for being late then added "Im sorry im late and feel free to yell at me but first can you tell me where the others are and why we where called?"

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!