Epithermite

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!
Iris_Cam
Troll

Re: Epithermite

Post by Iris_Cam » Wed 25th Apr 2012

Irene felt the closeness of the blast. It was literally a hair's breath away from her face. So much for not spooking him.

"Uh... hi?" she tried shakily, slowly getting up.

Please don't blast me.

Karen wondered if the others were lost. Why were they taking so long to respond to the whistle? She sighed and started down the street. Why is it that they always had to go for the extremes?

Blind luck now, huh?
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Wed 25th Apr 2012

When the blast came Calli ran to help someone. She had no idea where she was going or who she was trying to help. Then Calli heard the whistle, and started running in the general direction it came from, to find Karen and Irene. It took ages as she kept on having to stop and duck from people. She was too shellshocked to be able to work out whether they were good or bad at that moment. Finally she saw figures in the distance who looked like Karen and Irene. Calli slowed down, just in case they weren't.

(sorry I took so long to post)
One word: Merlin

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Wed 25th Apr 2012

James's eyes locked on a girl. About his age too.
"I- I didn't hurt you, did I?" he asked, taking a tentative step forwards, leaving his hands and fingers locked together despite the part of him screaming to run. Who was she? She didn't look threatening, but you couldn't tell these days. Not sick, so she was either unbelievably lucky or like him in one way or another...
"Were you in that car too?"
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Thu 26th Apr 2012

Karen was unbelievably relieved to see Calli approaching. Unfortunately, she had wandered into a more densely populated area. She subtly cocked her head right, hoping that Calli would get the tip to head into the smaller alley on the right.

Now, where's everyone else?

Irene slowly shook her head. She was afraid to move, afraid that the illuster couldn't hold in his gift. She hoped that it was just loss of control earlier and that he wasn't really some psychopath. She peered up, relieved to see some clouds. Clouds meant her power could be used.

"Okay." She said finally, slowly. She took a deep breath and tried to keep her tone even, as if she was facing a bull about to charge. In a way, she was.

"What I'm going to tell you will change your world."

(It's okay, Affy. I wonder where are the others. Also, Rem, please delete your post. Edit and change it.)

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Thu 26th Apr 2012

James nodded, trying to calm his racing heart. She seemed trustworthy. Maybe she knew what was going on. Maybe... Maybe he wasn't a killer. James let a slightly trembling hand drop to his side, relieved to find he wasn't suddenly standing in a crater.

"W-What's happening?"

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 27th Apr 2012

Irene let out a sigh. Not a psychopath, then.

"Okay. Let's start with the basics first. I'm Irene, and I have what you'll probably think of as a band of merry illusters. What's your name? I need something to call you with..."

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Fri 27th Apr 2012

Calli noticed one of the figures tipping her head. She assumed it was Karen and headed to the right. Even if it wasn't she had her sword with her and plenty of water in bottles in her backpack so she wasn't worried about being ambushed. The alley was digusting so she started to run. In no time she came to a crossroads where she could see Karen, Irene and a boy quite clearly. She made her way up the hill and joined them.
One word: Merlin

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Sun 29th Apr 2012

James disregarded the question for names for the moment.
"Illusters? You're all magicians?" He snorted, trying to hide his still-present terror. Was she a psychopath? Or sick? He'd heard horror stories, probably false, about people's brains being affected. James took an involuntary step back. That was a Robin Hood reference, Merry Band. Crud. She was probably crazy.
"James. You?" He closed his fist loosely, not wanting someone to attack him. It wasn't his fault he wasn't sick. Did people want him sick and dying or something?!

Team Holly!

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Mon 30th Apr 2012

(I know I haven't been Rping... I just can't get into the flow. XP Sorry, but I wouldn't know what to post if I tried to.. I'm sorry guys, I need to quit. :-| )

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Tue 1st May 2012

Irene sensed that he was about to spring. She mustered up all the charm that she could, and told herself to relax. Tension was contagious; if she was nervous, he would sense it and get even more highly strung.

"Okay. Relax. I don't want to hurt you, or anything. I know it's a bit crazy at the moment, but please, just relax. I will explain stuff as we go along. And I know that I probably sound insane, but I'm really not and I'm really not crazy or bad or I don't know!"

So much for not getting nervous.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her twin arriving.

"I'll just, er, leaving it to my sister. She's much better at this kinds of things."

Karen made her way up the hillock, Calli in tow. She wasn't sure where everyone else was, but she should really establish a gathering spot first.

Stumbling up the hill, she frowned. "Rinny, don't tell me..."

Irene, eyes as large as saucers, happily pushed the duty of talking to the boy in front to her.

"I'll go find everyone else!"

Karen sighed. One thing her sister always managed to do without fail, was to invite trouble to their doorstep.

"Okay. Where should we start?"

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Tue 1st May 2012

James watched the proceedings nervously, fist now tightly clenched.

"I told your sister I'm James. Who're you? What are Illusters? Why should I trust you?" He emphasized the last part, scanning the surroundings. "What's going on, besides the obvious that I'm not sick, just escaped from the feds, and am blowing stuff up?"

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Wed 2nd May 2012

Karen looked at him straight in the eye, trying to appear as non-threateningly as possible.

"First of all, calm down. You can't think straight on panic. Secondly, we're in the same boat. You can run off like some startled rabbit, but it's not going to help you in controlling the power. Nor is it going to help you, you know, survive."

Looking at him pointedly, she asked, "So, ya with us?"

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Wed 2nd May 2012

James sighed, shifting his weight to his other foot, loosely crossing his arms. He stared her straight back in the eyes, face set. She was not a threat.

"There. I'm panic free. Now, before I go anywhere, I haven't the slightest idea who you are, what your motives are, of if you're trustworthy. And asking if I'm with you won't accomplish anything. I need a little more explanation than a few odd words and some girl's assurance that she's not a murderous psychopath, and is in fact, somehow in the same situation as me! It looks like I'd be perfectly fine on my own, as I can do this-"

James flicked his fingers at a nearby sapling, watching it fly to splinters in satisfaction. He'd always been smart, and this was coming naturally-

"And I don't think anyone's planning on screwing with me after that nice little display back there. So may I ask, who are you and why should I trust you?"

His eyes narrowed. He was NOT getting locked in another little box. He could probably be fine on his own, scavenging. Maybe grow a nice little garden. Now, he wasn't planning on blowing her up, but seriously? This wasn't a book where everything fell nicely into place and everyone was trustworthy.

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Thu 3rd May 2012

If he was facing Irene, she would have blown up and zapped him into smithereens. Luckily, it was Karen, the more level headed for the pair. Seeing the display, she merely flinched.

"Look. We're not going to screw with you, or anything. I admit I was kind of expecting that, but nothing that crazy. Firstly, you don't need to trust me, or us. Just head out into the woods and see how well you can go before you blow up every living things in the surrounding area. While dodging the police and researchers. Because, trust me, they're looking for us. And that little display before made them really, really, interested in you. We've faced them before, and we know how they think, how they move, and what they'll be looking for."

Taking a breath, she continued.

"Secondly, I don't have any motives. It's my crazy sister. She has a tendency to wave a banner inviting trouble to our door. But one thing's for certain, is that you do not want to get caught by them. We don't want that, either. You on their side equal big trouble for us. Sure, you may not be willing, but who said anything about voluntary? I'm also, generally against the idea of leaving illusting newbies in the wild to attract every researcher in the Southern Hemisphere. And who knows, some idiot might net us all while searching for you."

As if remembering something, she added, "Me? I'm Karen. No last name. I ditched it. I recommend you do the same to yours, because there are a lot more Karens in the world than one or two. Also, I'm taking as huge a risk as you are, because you might be some crazy scientist who's using this chance to observe us in our natural habitat, or something."

The wind suddenly picked up. Karen recognised the sound, and yanked the boy into some trees.

"Watch and learn. You don't want to be too obvious."

Grabbing a hunk of cloud, she let her mind take control and let loose a rain of hail. The helicopter above swayed a little. Karen scowled, and aimed a bolt of lightning at the rotors.

Under her breath, she whispered, "Don't you dare." It wasn't clear who the statement was directed at, but she felt it was mostly at the chopper.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Thu 3rd May 2012

James shrugged her off, expression morphing into a scowl.

"Fair enough. I see I'm not the only one who can hurt stuff, but you seem fairly weather-oriented. Subtlety has its advantages, yes." James sighed, weighing his options.

"Alright. I'll come, but one streak of lightning and I'm leaving. Deal?" he offered a hand. Sure, this didn't seem that great of an idea, but all things considered, logically it was best. Besides, it wasn't like he couldn't physically handle her if things came to blows.

...Maybe he was a little irrational. No. Don't look back. Looking back was- a flash of sorrow flitted across his face. Looking back was reviewing his biggest regret. Don't look back. "Deal?"

(My, my, this character is a little more jerky than I imagined him as, but he's fun to play :D )

Team Holly!