Epithermite

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!
Iris_Cam
Troll

Epithermite

Post by Iris_Cam » Tue 28th Feb 2012

I was outlining the events for my NaNo novel this year(I know it's kinda early for that... But that idea just won't leave me alone).

So, anyway, since it takes place about 200 years later, I thought, "Hey, why not set up an RP about the pandemic that occurs 120 or so years before the actual events of my novel-in-progress?"

So, Epithermite is born.

Introduction(It's kinda long..)

It is the year 2057CE. Someone spilled a petri dish full of viruses into a nuclear reactor. The result? Epithermia, a terrifying disease that quickly develops into an epidemic, then a pandemic.

No one knows how it spreads. No one knows how to prevent it. No one knows the cure.

So, you are living in a little town of Daeratus, and suddenly, people start noticing that their skin that won’t heal no matter what you do. This means infections run amok. Anyone with this condition will either succumb to blood poisoning or desanguiation.

This, is epithermia, the antibiotic-resistant virus that is currently ravaging the world.

Within a week of the first case reported, a quarter of the 6000 that lived in Daeratus are dead.

You are the only ones in town who has not been touched by the disease, even though you had plenty of exposure to the infected ones.

The help flown in from overseas notice this and give you an examination. Then it turns out that you have different genetics. That makes you immune to the epithermite bug.

You are herded together and put in a crate. Most people in town don’t care, since you are freaks that aren’t affected by the virus which is spreading like wildfire.

Then, just before you are shipped to a research facility in Europe that tries to splice your genes, the crate is burned and ripped apart. You see two girls, controlling the elements when you scramble out. They ask you to follow them to their hideout, where other ‘illusters’(as they said) are hiding. They won’t introduce themselves yet.

“Later, “ one of them say, “when it’s safer.”

Since you can’t really figure out how your life can get worse, you follow them.

After running, hiding, and dodging the authorities, you finally make it to a large caravan parked in the middle of a wooded area. You see other people clustered around the caravan.

The two that grabbed you introduce themselves as Karen and Irene.

Then the RP begins.

Rules:

1. Standard RP rules(regarding godmodding, bullying, courtesy, etc. If your charrie happens to hate someone else’s charrie, it’s okay to act that way but please do not insult the person RPing as the charrie. Just the charrie. Don’t go too far with the insults, either.)

2. No cussing!

3. Absolutely no text talk. If you use it outside the appropriate context(i.e, in game texting or codes or whatever), I’ll get quite upset. I hate text talk and I personally think it ruins an RP.

4. What goes on in this RP stays in this RP. What I mean is, don’t take rivalry outside this thread. If your charries hate one another it’s fine, but that stays in this RP only.

5. Incredibly cliche, but have fun!

Okay, when I get enough people, I will start the RP. Each person can have up to two charries. You will RP as illusters. I will PM you about being an illuster when the RP starts. How much you know about being an illuster will depend on whether you’re already part of the group.

Try to restrict the fluff a bit, this is meant to be predominantly an action RP. I won’t mind too much if there’s romance though, just nothing too outlandish.

Character Profile(Charrie Sheet. I just like to call it a profile.)

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Can fight?

Are you an escapee from Daeratus? Or are you part of the group that was already hiding out in the woods in a caravan?

Illusteration Power:
(Only fill in this field if you’re part of the group that was already hiding out. I will PM you your Illusteration Power if you escaped from Daeratus. PM me if you have any questions. The common, basic four are Fire, Water, Air and Earth. Some don’t have affinities for any of above and instead control Blood, Animals, Metals, etc. I’ll PM you if you chose something too outlandish. Don’t bother imposing any limits, there’s a pattern to this madness and you’ll discover the limits soon. I’ll also tell you about the titles of people with certain powers, eg, Sangui-luster for blood and Aura-luster for light)

Personal History: (Typical scenario is like Daeratus, or breaking out of the European lab, or being rescued by the illusters. Any other scenario is good too but I may have to check it. It might not fit with my setting, since I was kinda vague.)

Other: (etc. family heirlooms such as pendants? Contacts in the government? This is stuff people around you already know. You can reveal other stuff about your charrie as the RP goes on)

Code: Select all

[b]Character Profile[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Can fight?[/b]
[b]Are you an escapee from Daeratus? Or are you part of the group that was already hiding out in the woods in a caravan?[/b]
[b]Illusteration Power: [/b]
[b]Personal History:[/b] 
[b]Other:[/b] 
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Re: Epithermite

Post by Felina » Sun 4th Mar 2012

I actually think it's a cool idea. :)

Character Profile

Name: Mia Firemoon.
Appearance: not very dark skin, hair color between blond and red, eyes like a rainbow.
Personality: Kind, always has a slight smile on her face, but isn't really a conversation starter.
Can fight? Yes, but she doesn't really like to.
Are you an escapee from Daeratus? Or are you part of the group that was already hiding out in the woods in a caravan? Already been there.
Illusteration Power: Controls light. (If I can.)
Personal History: Doesn't talk about it.
Other: Since her power isn't very useful for fighting, she always has a dagger close to her. Loves playing any instrument if she can.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Sun 11th Mar 2012

Character Profile

Name: Mona LeFlor
Appearance: Thick, black, curly hair and olive-brown skin. She has bright, minty-green eyes that most find unsettling. She has a slim body and is unusually tall.
Personality: Most of the time, friendly, but like most people, has a bad side. Her bad side is just slightly more emphasized. If she gets annoyed, she will snap at you and used to start fights a lot. People around her often try to become friends with her, but they also say (not to her face :P) that her power came with her temper.
Can fight? Yes.
Are you an escapee from Daeratus? Or are you part of the group that was already hiding out in the woods in a caravan? Already hiding out.
Illusteration Power: Controls Fire.
Personal History: She doesn't remember most of it, but Mona was an orphan and grew up in a rather undesirable place for a child to grow up in. At 13, she eventually stumbled out of her secluded home and was found by Karen and Irene. (If this history fits your scenario.)
Other: She likes to watch things burn, even if it's just a leaf. (It's not like she has a thing for burning houses down... she just likes to watch the embers, etc. XD)

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sat 17th Mar 2012

Character Profile

Name: Calli Dean
Appearance:Short blonde hair, green eyes, light skin, slim, medium height.
Personality:Quite quiet with people she doesn't know, but very chatty once she gets to know them. She has a little bit of a temper.
Can fight?Yes, is quite talented at swordfighting.
Are you an escapee from Daeratus? Or are you part of the group that was already hiding out in the woods in a caravan?Hiding in the woods.
Illusteration Power: Controls water.
Personal History: She doesn't remember any family. She lived with wild with a friend for a few years, but then the friend died. Karen and Irene found her by a lake where she had been swimming.
Other: Her friend gave her a sword when she died. Calli calls it Cogris.
One word: Merlin

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Mon 2nd Apr 2012

Character Profile

Name: Rem kaze (last name means wind in japanese)

Appearance: longish hair for a guy which is spikeing in every direction one day (anime style) and for most of the other it just randomly point to the side like there is a wind blowing that way, eye colour hard to tell it's a blue/gray/kinda green mess. taller then whould like (only coz it limits hideing spots to read) and lank no matter how much junk food he eats or how much he works out.

Personality: is mostly quiet most often found siting somewhere hiden reading a book (unless books where distroyed during virus) and has the worst memory ever to the point where he counts someone as a friend when he has memorised there name and strugles to open up to people before there friends and is a bit crazy but fun once friends.

Are you an escapee from Daeratus? Or are you part of the group that was already hiding out in the woods in a caravan? Rem was hideing in woods

Illusteration Power: controlls air

can fight?: (the scout) yes but not a very effictive fighter when it come to doing dammage and can be knocked out or seriously hurt from just one hit and so is more skilled at defending others and self from harm and uses his powers over air to move very fast, improve his acrobatic skills (so he can dodge attacks),glide and even levetate

persional history: worked in a circus (take that everyone who worked at macdonalds for a first job) and travled all around even japan (where he learned the word kaze) during the outbreak the circus is proforming in a near by town (just our luck) where almost everyone gets infected includeing famaly at the circus who he sees get infected when he is draged out of the circus by the panic caused by everyone trying to escape the infection when everyone has run off in separate directions he meets Karen and Irene (who have not said there names yet) who say they will tell him whats going on if he joins them so he does and when they get to the caravan they tell rem there names and rem says he is Rem (does not say last name later when he finds out about hes power he goes by the last name of kaze)

sorry about how long it is
Last edited by rem on Tue 23rd Apr 2013, edited 2 times in total.

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Mon 2nd Apr 2012

Character Profile

Name: James Rusters
Appearance: Reddish-brown-blonde hair that is kinda scruffy kinda layered and isn't quuiite long enough to get in his eyes. Deep brown eyes. Pale skin that's somewhat tanned. He likes loose short clothing. Tennis shoes, shorts, t-shirt.
Personality: Umm... Well... He's often locked in his own little world. Slow to anger but gosh is that a bad idea. Sarcastic and lively. Most of it's superficial, and he's tightly closed off from people.
Can fight? He has nothing to lose. Nothing. Of course he can.
Are you an escapee from Daeratus? Or are you part of the group that was already hiding out in the woods in a caravan? Was taken from Daeratus.
Illusteration Power: Nooo idea :P
Personal History: Was just a normal kid, in school, had friends, blah blah blah. Best female friend died a couple weeks ago- And she was his last reason to stay in Daeratus. Parents dead, one older sibling off at school somewhere... He's quite handy with mechanics.
Other: Umm... Has a decidedly weird side as well as a very kind one. Appearances really don't matter.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Tue 3rd Apr 2012

(it sounds fun im looking foward to this) :D

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Tue 17th Apr 2012

(And so it begins!)

Karen took a deep breath, wondering if it was such a good idea. She'd dragged along not just her sister Irene, but several others.

Daeratus was wiped out. She'd expected as much. What she did not expect was other illusters. Or, more accurately, she did not expect them locked up in a crate.

Irene was bristling. Karen felt her hair stand on end, and immediately realised what her twin was doing.

"Rinny... Don't..."

The others, Mia, Mona, Calli, and Kaze were spread around in town, searching for various supplies to bring home.

Home. What a joke.

Irene felt her blood boiling, and her twin's nervous words. Storm clouds roiled above, and she felt her legendary temper start to fire up.

Of course, the fact that the temper was attached to the ability to manipulate the weather really did not help. Karen and Irene were almost polar opposites. They looked somewhat similar, but all they really shared were their gift.

Irene used her mind and gripped the clouds. She moved them, rubbing the edges together, till enough friction was generated.

Then she let lose the bolt of lightning within, striking the crate and melting the non-conductive metal alloy roof.

Karen felt terror creep into her veins as the guards ran towards the box. She really, really hoped that everyone else was close by.

It looked like they had to run for it.

(As you can see, I skewed the prologue-y bits a little bit. Have fun!)

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Thu 19th Apr 2012

James was standing calmly (for the situation) towards the back, trying not to get hit by the more... Frantic kids. It was raining, and a steady drip had made his hair somewhat limp, nearing his eyes. With an impatient hand he flicked it to the side, looking at a crying girl. Immature.

And that was when the roof flashed, blinding him and throwing him forwards. They had... Been hit by lightning? The odds were astronomically against it! Someone yelled, and the door creaked open, igniting the tension that had flooded the room.

James was thrown forwards, blinking spots from his eyes and hearing the crack of gunfire as he managed to get out- Because OUT was probably a smarter option? There was a strangled gasp and he saw the crying girl fall to her knees, hand clamped over her arm, bloodstain spreading between her fingers. He skittered away, feeling adrenaline kick in.

He turned on his heel, sprinting towards the trees- and a guard. Time seemed to slow, blurring slightly as he watched a gun raised at him, a dull order to stop reaching his ears. There was fear in the man's eyes.

James felt a pounding in his ears, something in his chest tugging- Not his heart, something he was unfamiliar with. There was an explosion, perhaps a gun misfire? and James darted past the body of someone who still held the remains of what had once been a gun.

He stopped, glancing back. Had he... Luck. It was luck. James ducked under cover of trees.

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 20th Apr 2012

A boy. Scarcely older than herself. Irene was shocked. The remains of the guard were splattered all over the asphalt and some nearby plants. Not even she herself could do that, not even with hail and lightning combined.

This is definitely an illuster.

She made the decision. She yelled at Karen to gather the others and ran into the forest, following the pounding sound of footsteps crashing through the undergrowth and stumbling. Was he shocked? Confused? Scared?

There was only one way to find out. She had to catch him first.

Karen sighed at her sister's rapidly retreating back. What the hell is she thinking? Seeing as she had completely blown their cover, all that was left to do was to run. But first, she had to get everyone else. The guards were scampering around, trying to contain the situation and chase the guy who ran off. It was a perfect distraction. Karen snuck around the burnt remains of the crate and carefully edged into town.

She whistled sharply, imitating birds. None of them were left, but it was still in place enough to go unnoticed. Except for the ones who were listening for the whistles.

Let's hope they can hear me.

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Fri 20th Apr 2012

Rem heard the whisle when he was closing bag that he had just filled with food and ran to find the other illusters. "Why does this stuff happen when im looting"? he asked himself as he literaly ran into mia who was with the others. "oww Rem whould it kill you to watch where your going"!? she asked/yelled. The scary part was that he had ran into her back so she just said that by impulse "have i really done that so many times that it become an automatic responce"? he thought as he helped Mia up and said "sorry Mia ill watch where im going next time. he said like a kid who should know better. Then he changed the topic as quickly as he could so you heard the signial? "Yes we did" Calli said "thats why we are gathered here" she added rolling her eyes. "Then lets go!" yelled mona leading the charge into whatever had happend. and with there luck if was not going to be a suprise party set up by Karen and Irene then again I guess it will be a suprise of some kind thought rem as he ran to catch up to the charge of illusters.

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Fri 20th Apr 2012

(Rem, please don't godmod. Let the others decide what they say. You can run into people, but not make them say something or do something.)

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Mon 23rd Apr 2012

James stopped moments later once he was down a hill, pressing his back against a tree. The guards probably wouldn't follow, between survival instincts and orders. What had just happened? What had just happened?! He stared down at shaking hands, dropping his head into them. He knew. There had to be a correlation. He knew that there had to be. That was too lucky and too violent to be a coincidence that just happened to occur at the same time as him feeling odd. That was his fault.

Was he a murderer? The man had been doing his job, probably terrified of getting sick or leaving someone. Did he have a family? People waiting for him to come home? Did the man want to get away? Well, James had taken that option away hadn't he. Did the guard want to die? Who ever wanted to die? That human had... He'd had a choice, and James had taken it away. How easy. How terrifyingly easy.

James found he was trembling, letting himself sink to sit down with his eyes closed, listening for the footstep of even a squirrel. That wasn't cool like video games or movies. He was wired, sick to his stomach from the image, and the worst part? He could feel power prickling his fingertips, almost of its own accord, ready to lash out at whoever was near. Control? Laughable. In books, movies, you had intuitive control, right? Where was his?

Team Holly!

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Tue 24th Apr 2012

Irene listened hard, for any sound. On one hand, there weren't any stomping noises that meant that the guards were chasing. That was good. On the other, there weren't any stumbling noises in front either. That was bad. That either meant the guy had stopped and hidden, realising that he was being followed, or she'd completely lost his trail.

She trudged up an incline, feeling defeated. This way led home. The smell of sulfur was diffused as the adrenaline subsided. She kept her footsteps as quiet as possible, as it was impossible to tell sometimes whether you were being watch. These days, for illusters, even trees had ears.

Looking around, for the others, for anyone, she unexpectedly caught sight of the mop of hair she was tracking earlier.

Thinking of his power, she dropped to a crouch and moved as silently as possible to climb a nearby tree. Perhaps this way, she could observe and not scare him into pulverising her.

While keeping an eye on him and making an effort to stay silent, she felt her foot slip and crashed to the ground.

Oh... shoot. So much for quiet. Ow.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Tue 24th Apr 2012

James took a shuddering breath a good amount of time later, dusting off his shirt. Okay. What n-

A crash. He remained quiet, staring violently, hand involuntarily jerking towards the noise. A tree exploded. (One she was near, not in) Great, he was a tree murderer too...
"Anyone there? Ow...' He glanced down, finding a splinter in his knee. Big explosion. "Who are you?" Please don't be a guard, please, please, please. "Come out!" He slipped his hands behind his back, lacing fingers together so he didn't do anything he'd regret later.

Team Holly!