Can you believe it? We're doing this for a second time after all! Let's hope that we keep on doing this for the rest of our lives! [Hmm, that sounded wrong.]
Anyway, thanks to suggestions and lessons learned from the past awards ceremony, we have made some improvements for this year's awards. This is how it works:
- Each category will have its own thread. During the nominations period, these category threads shall be locked.
- I will pin another important thread, the Nominations thread where we can all nominate other members for each specific category.
- Nominations are unlimited, but you can't nominate yourself.
- The nomination period begins today, January 13th, and shall end on January 27th.
- Each person may vote for a maximum of three people per category where a voter's first choice is given three points, the second choice two points, and the third choice one point.
- Voting will be made public. One can vote by simply posting and assigning points on the category threads.
- Logically, you also are not allowed to vote for yourself.
- Voting begins a day after nominations, January 28th, and ends on February 6th, just in time for the next installment of FanGathering's newsletter, The Haven Herald.
Like last year's awards, each winner gets a 30 post boost to their post count, and of course, bragging rights for the next year.
And just a little reminder: please do remember that this is all for fun!
As MichaelM said last year, don't worry about winning or losing because seriously, you guys rock. Of course, only one person can win per category, but don't get upset if you don't win.
Let's all have some fun and celebrate the fellowship and fun that we all had in 2007!
Let the awards ceremony begin!