The LGBTQ Club

Anyone can start or join a club in here.
A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Re: The LGBTQ Club

Post by A Passing Bookworm » Thu 1st Dec 2011

shadowsnake451 wrote: Re: The LGBTQ Club
by shadowsnake451 » Tue 29th Nov 2011

I have a friend who is bullied by homophobes at school. I'm really worried about him. Can anyone
As Byddie said, talking to a teacher/authority figure is best (make sure to have his permission, though). If there are any, you could contact a local LGBTQ support group too.
for a very important date!

Shadow Light
LEPrecon Officer
Location: Extorting other hobos for croissants under the Eiffel tower

Post by Shadow Light » Sat 10th Dec 2011

Despite my more fabulous nature, *le hairflip* and drama queen demeanour (yes I'm actually aware), I'm straight. d(•_•)b but so far, I've known many lesbians, bis and one gay. It is hard, from what I can tell, especially to come clean. It took my friend more than a few years to confess to me, and though I can't return his feelings, I am happy that he came clean. But I hate to admit that I was frightened for the first few weeks.

So I'm just saying, when you do admit to it, keep your head up high. When people are shocked or frightened, don't shove it further down their throats. Give them some time to adjust. Sooner or later you'll know who's real and who's not.

I know what it's like to feel outcast or ostracised by your schoolmates. High school life sucks. And it never ends. So stay strong, guys.

And well guys, Sea's got yo back. ;)
Don't ask me about my life, because if you do, I will tell you.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 22nd Dec 2011

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/45756894/#null

a wonderful video about a couple being reunited :]
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

explodinglampshade
Mud-Man

Post by explodinglampshade » Sat 21st Jan 2012

Joining, as I am bi.

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Post by BLoemetje » Sat 21st Jan 2012

Could I join? I have no idea if I'm hetero, bi or gay, as I've never been in love, or just attracted to someone. I've been thinking a lot about that lately and hope that being here, and hearing experiences from others can help me clear stuff up.
Last edited by BLoemetje on Fri 23rd Mar 2012, edited 2 times in total.

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Thu 26th Jan 2012

3 of my close friends are gay and 3 others are bi. I'm not quite straight, but I'm not quite bi either, so I guess I'm bi-curious?

Either way, definitely joining.

A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by A Passing Bookworm » Fri 3rd Feb 2012

People are born with their sexual orientation, but most people don't realise until later in life, when we start becoming attracted to other people in the first place (as in around puberty). I was kind of wondering when everyone realised that they were lesbian/gay/bi/transexual/curious, and wondering about 'coming out'.

I'd say I realised I was bi when I was thirteen. Almost nobody knew until last year. Now, almost everyone I know online knows I'm bi while only one person that I know of knows IRL, so I'd say I'm still in the closet. I definitely don't live in the most tolerant of countries, or attend the most tolerant of schools, so I am quite frankly terrified of coming out. xD But telling the people that I'm closest to (ie my e-family, my best friends) is enough, for now, and no one actually treats me differently and some of them actually kind of sort of expected it. xD

What about you guys? When did you realise you were LGBTQ? What are your experiences with coming out, or trying to, and the like? :3

BLoemetje
LEP Recruit

Post by BLoemetje » Fri 3rd Feb 2012

[removed by me because it is no longer relevant]
Last edited by BLoemetje on Tue 21st Oct 2014, edited 2 times in total.

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Fri 3rd Feb 2012

My story? It's actually quite long.
Here goes nothing!! :D

You see, when I was 6, my best female friend and I always played the mice from Cinderella. She was always the female mouse, so I had to be the male, of course. For some reason, whenever we were at my place, we always made up the same scene. We sat under my table and chatted in our mice voices and she always wanted to make a special scene. A kiss. Me being shy and not wanting to disagree, I kissed her. Like a peek on the lips. Innocently and hid under a table.
Thinking back at this makes me think that it was because of her that I am who I am now. Bisexual and shy about it.
She was also the first one to figure out, who my girlfriend is. I don't even know if she remember those episodes. But I do. And I'm sorta glad it happened xP
You and me, let's marry in the space station

A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by A Passing Bookworm » Sat 4th Feb 2012

Telling the people closest to me was one of the best things I ever did. xD I won't say it was easy, but it was easier than I expected. I knew their views in the subject, knew that they would accept me and all, I was just scared that they would be angry at me for keeping it from them, or that they would treat me differently. Writing it down was difficult too, making it actually official. I've never actually said it aloud, never admitted it to anyone out loud. All of my coming outs have been through online chat.

A girl that I liked two years ago has a boyfriend now. I never told her. I might have a crush on one of my closest school friends at the moment, but she's sort of sheltered, so I'm afraid of even bringing up the subject to her, much less telling her.

For now, it's enough that the people closest to me know. :3

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Tue 14th Feb 2012

Hello, My name is Annaka. I belive I'm bi. If it isn't weird may I join?

shadowsnake451
Troll

Post by shadowsnake451 » Thu 16th Feb 2012

Of course it isn't weird! We welcome you <3

also, I like your signiture
Shadowsnake451
You have to be crazy to know me
Lover of all things geeky- proud member of GEEK CLUB and FG SHERLOCKIANS

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Fri 17th Feb 2012

Thanks Fowle made it.

Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Thu 23rd Feb 2012

I'm bi, so would it be alright if I join?

Also, I have a question... I know someone who is also bi, but his parents are very against it, and are offended by even the hint of knowing someone who isn't straight. They just found out that he's bi, and his dad wants to get him 'corrective therapy'. Is there a way that he can try to show his parents that being bi isn't that bad, or try to get them to accept him?
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Sat 25th Feb 2012

FG, even though I love people who shout "I'm bi and I'm proud!" He might need a beard or sadily lie. I know this sound horribe but trust me it's better than what his parents are thinking. I swear.