Bible Study Club.

Anyone can start or join a club in here.

What should we study.

A specific book.
27%
Just post what verse one liked in one's personal devotions
60%
A specific Topic.
13%

Total votes: 15

Silvermist
Dwarf Thief

Re: Bible Study Club.

Post by Silvermist » Mon 1st Feb 2010

hey guys there's this awesome camp i went to. did i tell you guys? maybe.. daja vu? anyway its called mFuge. dudes the camp changed my life. im talking about no longer being afraid of being a christian. see i go through alot of pressure at school. one the teachers point fingers ( only the older ones) cause im not catholic ( screw denominations i have a relationship with god and thats all. dont we all?) and just cause its catholic doesnt mean the students belive. most of my friends are atheist and well they tend to mock my own God infroont of me. now i have the courage to put on a straiight face and remind them i believe and i dont like it when they talk that way about my God. of course they'll make a face. but they will shut up. One thing you learn is not to be afraid and i guess i learned that when i saw the smiling faces. guys i went to a boys and girls club. and you know i have the m here. but there. it was a gym. it smelled like socks and the kids there were lonely. we played wit hthe m. and we talked to the teenagers there. towo of the mtold me crying thst they were in a gang and they new there was no way out of it. another kid cried "Daddy" every time he heard a police siren. why? cuz his father was a druggie and was taken away for carrying the narcotics (God i hate drugs.) it was sad yet it taught me to aprciate more. guys i could tell you so many experiances. with my accented english i told them about god. they smiled some got it some didnt. Every day before we went to preach we would play. i got so attached to my group. we were all out of state but it was awesome. we talked about moses. we talked about movinng in our faith. not just saying your a christian but showing it. guys i've gone through a tough time trying to stop cursing. writng this down is easy. you know not curse on the site but not saying it is another.

I also want to add. guys pray for my church. it isn't healthy. at all. everyones fighting and no youth leader is around to help me with my struggle. guys pray for the other youth in my group. they stopped going to church after they found out about our youth leader gettign fired. i havent heard from many of them. also pray for oour new pastor cause God knows the chaos in our church.

if you read all this thanx for your patience!!
Joshua 1:9
Hello people of the internet! You may call me Baylee if you wish, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world, I do not take trains anywhere since new orleans terrain does not allow that (it will get swallowed up by the marsh land or get flooded, like my car did D:<

Meet my Husband <3
Ok I think I'm done here...

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Tue 2nd Feb 2010

Yo go Silver! Don't be ashamed of being a Christian cuz guess what?! We get to go to Heaven! XD Laugh at those who laugh at you actually no. Feel bad for them. Also if your friends mock you than keep a straight face and say I will pray for your sins. I don't know. Just sounds.. dramatic but that might change some thoughts.
And that daddy kid ... wow...
Here's some advice: Read Proverbs... great advices there on life... some kids there might need it...
Also: Romans has great verses to talk about our faith
Lastly: You might realize there are a lot of Christian music. It's fun and very faithful. Some make you sing along some make you sigh in relief.
here's my favorite songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwzItqYmII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we4t0fAnGBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eckskOzB1-Y (great song. God is Above ALL!.. The clips come from a movie: Passion of the Christ. I hate the part where Jesus... gets crucified.... T.T Facts: In real life they wouldn't give them any clothes at all. They would really stand naked... for more shame)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxopsRSfdU
They are just examples...

And I will pray for your church!
Read my pathetic stories I wrote on -----
https://www.fanfiction.net/~thescarletibis

View my horrible drawings on -----
https://koreanchic.deviantart.com/

In Af fanfiction, I'm theScarletIbis!
Check out my stories:
https://artemisfowl.fangathering.com/fanfiction/author/TheScarletIbis/

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Fri 5th Feb 2010

I will pray for you, Silvermist. NKJV 2Thessalonians 3:13 says, "But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good." NKJV Matthew 5:44 says, "But I say to you, lover your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." I know they may not be your enemies, but I would call making fun of God (or blaspheming) in front of you as spitefully using you. NKJV 1 Peter 3:15 says, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is within you." AiG is a good appologetic website, plus I could offer some advice as well. Matthew 5:1-12 is a very comforting passage of scripture, specifically 11-12 for your case, "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsly for My sake. 12"Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets before you."
I hope this helps, God bless.
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 5th Feb 2010

I went to the doctor yesterday (long story, I have a sinus infection). He was checking my heart and my lungs and whatnot, and he noticed my cross. He asked if it was an Orthodox cross, and I said yes. He asked if I was a Greek orthodox (I have a greek name xD) and I said yes. He's a Catholic. Long story short we ended up talking about the end of times, and I found out about a bunch of things that made me think...
By the way, before I tell you about our chat, my mom and dad and my 3 year old brother went to Turkey to see Agia Sofia (oldest Christian church), but halfway there the tourguide said, "Oh, so sorry, church closed today. We take you to see mosque."
So they go to the mosque, and the lady is standing on the steps telling them about their religion.
One of the things she said was,
"We have six hundred and sixty six verses."
What's six hundred and sixty six?
What's the sign of the devil?
Just so you know, before I go any farther. So now we go into the conversation...
Long story short, we ended up talking about the end of times.
In the 1700s there was something that was written by Muslims, and apparently they have their own version of the Messiah, except there will be 12 of them, and 11 have already come.
It says the twelfth will come when a dark-skinned man has power over a Western force.
Also, we started talking about that chip that you will have to get when the Antichrist comes to buy or sell anything.
In the Bible it says, not even under the pain of death should you take this chip, and the doctor says that he thinks that if you take it, you become mesmerized by the Antichrist and you're like a robot, you're ruled by his will and your will is not your own.
[[We don't know for SURE that it will be microchip but I think so.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Revelation 13:16-18
]]
Normally my mom doesn't take us to the doctor to get antibiotics for things because she wants our immune system to build up, but she saw me today and I looked really pale and when I sneezed it was GREEN (not pretty) and thick, so Mom went, "Wellll, it's gonna be two weeks on Tuesday, and it's just getting worse, so we HAVE to go to the doctor!"
And it's funny that of all the times that we could have gone, we got the Catholic doctor... I think maybe the Lord wanted us to talk, or maybe just so we would know that we weren't alone in our belief (which it can feel like so many times with the persecutors), because as the doc said, there is no such thing as Lady Luck.
I just thought I'd like to share this with you all! :]
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

crazychick
LEPrecon Officer

Post by crazychick » Sat 6th Feb 2010

I will pray for you, Silvermist. I'm so sorry that your church is falling apart around you. :(

Oh, and k12, I've done Awana. :) Truth and Training. :D
Official FanGathering Ranger

SERVANT MORTAL

BRAVE <3

LET IT FADE

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 11th Feb 2010

Okay, I saw these stories in "We Can Find 1,000,000 People Who Do Not Believe In Evolution By June" on Facebook, and I couldn't resist passing them on.... They're so cool!

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform.

The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, “What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?”

The Marine calmly replied, “God was too busy today protecting America ’s soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an ***. So, He sent me.”

There was a professor of philosophy who was a deeply committed atheist. His primary goal for one required class was to spend the entire semester attempting to prove that God couldn’t exist. His students were always afraid to argue with him because of his impeccable logic. For twenty years, he had taught this class and no one had ever had the courage to go against him. Sure, some had argued in class at times, but no one had ever really gone against him because of his reputation. At the end of every semester on the last day, he would say to his class of 300 students, "If there is anyone here who still believes in Jesus, stand up!" In twenty years, no one had ever stood up. They knew what he was going to do next. He would say, "Because anyone who believes in God is a fool. If God existed, he could stop this piece of chalk from hitting the ground and breaking. Such a simple task to prove that He is God, and yet He can’t do it." And every year, he would drop the chalk onto the tile floor of the classroom and it would shatter into a hundred pieces. All of the students would do nothing but stop and stare. Most of the students thought that God couldn’t exist. Certainly, a number of Christians had slipped through, but for 20 years, they had been too afraid to stand up.

Well, a few years ago there was a freshman who happened to enroll. He was a Christian, and had heard the stories about his professor. He was required to take the class for his major, and he was afraid. But for three months that semester, he prayed every morning that he would have the courage to stand up no matter what the professor said, or what the class thought. Nothing they said could ever shatter his faith...he hoped.

Finally, the day came. The professor said, " If there is anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!" The professor and the class of 300 people looked at him, shocked, as he stood up at the back of the classroom. The professor shouted, "You FOOL!!! If God existed, he would keep this piece of chalk from breaking when it hit the ground!" He proceeded to drop the chalk, but as he did, it slipped out of his fingers, off his shirt cuff, onto the pleat of his pants, down his leg, and off his shoe. As it hit the ground, it simply rolled away unbroken. The professor’s jaw dropped as he stared at the chalk. He looked up at the young man, and then ran out of the lecture hall. The young man who had stood, proceeded to walk to the front of the room and shared his faith in Jesus for the next half hour. 300 students stayed and listened as he told of God’s love for them and of His power through Jesus.

Diane, a young Christian university student, was home for the summer. She had gone to visit some friends one evening and the time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year.

She ended up staying longer than she had planned and had to walk home alone. But she wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away. As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped around her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safety.

The following day, she read in the paper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley, just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before.

When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if their was anything they could do for her, she asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her."
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Fri 12th Feb 2010

I know the second story but never get tired of hearing it. THe first was so funny despite how serious it really is. Third... very very amazing. I believe EVERY word of this! Amen.

Check out my stories:

crazychick
LEPrecon Officer

Post by crazychick » Sat 13th Feb 2010

Woah. If anyone has any doubts in power of miracles, they have simply but to read these amazing, important stories. ^_^
Official FanGathering Ranger

SERVANT MORTAL

BRAVE <3

LET IT FADE

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 13th Feb 2010

There's apparently some guy, Benjamin Creme, who's pretending to be a prophet or something... o_O

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Sun 14th Feb 2010

Foolss..... does anyone think he is one?

Check out my stories:

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 14th Feb 2010

I think some people do, I'm not sure

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Mon 15th Feb 2010

Just gotta say at least not everyone believes in that crzy gy.

Check out my stories:

Silvermist
Dwarf Thief

Post by Silvermist » Wed 17th Feb 2010

im working on a vid for u guys... i hope when im done u'll like it!!
Joshua 1:9
Hello people of the internet! You may call me Baylee if you wish, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world, I do not take trains anywhere since new orleans terrain does not allow that (it will get swallowed up by the marsh land or get flooded, like my car did D:<

Meet my Husband <3
Ok I think I'm done here...

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Wed 17th Feb 2010

A vid? Awesome, can't wait :D

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Wed 17th Feb 2010

Woah.! A vid? What is it?